Old 07-18-2012, 02:38 PM #22
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Who gets the contract?
The private entity that pays the most.

Quote:
Who controls the bidding review process?
Government can auction it off to get things started.

Quote:
Who ensure the parks are clean?
The entity that buys the park.

That was easy.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM #23
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
All entities are profit seeking, some are just better at masking it.
The kicker is, the government doesn't have to be. A business is by nature. Businessed do not gauge success through mere sustainability IE break even and call.it good. They seek growth in profits, which includes innovation AND growth/expansion.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 PM #24
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Why does the government run public parks? A private company could do it so much more efficiently on way less money...

But... we can't do that can we... liberals.
That is not the definition of insanity, just a quote from Einstein. Now. You can read my response to swerve since it is somewhat relevant and he can keep focus.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:56 PM #25
F1VENOM

Quote:

That was easy.
And if the company takes the money and runs without ever honoring the contract, what then?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:06 PM #26
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
And if the company takes the money and runs without ever honoring the contract, what then?
Then they would be a liberal company with no morals...

Like these winners Obama picked for us.

http://www.dividedstates.com/list-of...lar-companies/

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:10 PM #27
Iamamartianchurch

What the **** is a liberal company? Do you mean a company that sells liberal philosophy in the form of some product or service in exchange for a profit?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:18 PM #28
frankie says chillax
...bro

frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
the guy is an airhead, ignore him like shakey

inb4heposts100bibleversesandlifestory

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:20 PM #29
Iamamartianchurch

I'm not quite burnt out by him yet like I am with shakey.

Swerve I still want answers to the questions on page numero undo.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:43 PM #30
Swerve22

Quote:
Contracts are enforcable by law in the USA.

Quote:
The kicker is, the government doesn't have to be. A business is by nature. Businessed do not gauge success through mere sustainability IE break even and call.it good. They seek growth in profits, which includes innovation AND growth/expansion.
But the government entities are only made up of people who want to make profit (or something similar - power, help a friend, etc.). This falls in line with one question you had earlier in the thead about the size of government leading to corruption - it doesn't necessarily guarantee corruption, but in increases the leeway available within which corruption can occur, and corruption is likely to eventually take place.

Example - money passes from person a to person b, there is a small chance for somebody to siphon off the top, practice cronyism, pay off a buddy, etc. However money passes from person a to person b to person c, d, e, f, and g before finally arriving at it's destination there is much more opportunity for corrution.

I'll check your other questions when I get back from work.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 07-18-2012, 03:59 PM #31
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I'm not quite burnt out by him yet like I am with shakey.

Swerve I still want answers to the questions on page numero undo.
Tell us what you really think zach.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:06 PM #32
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Tell us what you really think zach.
I'm not Zach. It should be pretty clear because my posts don't speak much of economics. Oh wait, you have Zach confused for Furious George.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:09 PM #33
F1VENOM

Quote:

That was easy.
The company that pays its employees the most or are you saying companies should buy the parks to operate? If a company oversees itself with no outside oversight, who's going to ensure the parks are kept up and safe? The company who stands to lose money if they enforce the rules?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 07-19-2012, 12:13 AM #34
Swerve22

Quote:
The company that pays its employees the most or are you saying companies should buy the parks to operate?
The companies buying the parks, sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
If a company oversees itself with no outside oversight, who's going to ensure the parks are kept up and safe? The company who stands to lose money if they enforce the rules?
The firm the buys the park will do all this because they don't want to get a bad reputation. Oversight is effectively handled by the consumer themselves. Providing a rewarding, safe, and clean experience will bring more visitors and help the firm so they would have a natural incentive to do so.

To be clear, I'm not specifically advocating this as I don't really have a problem with the way Parks and Recreation are managed now, I'm just pointing out that I don't think it would be impossible to see similar or possibly even better results doing things differently.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 AM #35
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch
How much is enough and how much is too much?
The boundries are set within the constitution. It's a broad subject, too broad for me to really get excited about attempting to discuss it here suffice to say that I feel we currently allow the federal government a lot more power than was originally intended by the founders. However I'm not one of the anarcho capitalist guys that wan't to weaken the Federal government back to the Articles of Confederation days as well.

Quote:
How do you maintain this level once you have achieved it? Clearly the constitution has failed to be able to regulate or maintain the size and scope of government as you see it.
Knowledge of the citizenry is the only way other than totalitarian rule. Unfortunately we've failed miserably in that area. Still, in my opinion trying to do what you can with an uneducated and disinterested citizenry still beats out the alternative by a healthy margin.

Quote:
Also, how does a smaller and less powerful government insure less corruption cronyism, etc?
Talked about this in my other post. The more agencies and bureaucracies and individuals involved (and more money and power) the more difficult it is to have transparency, effective oversight, and to guard against cronyism which naturally occurs as the opportunities arise as humans are naturally fallible and will remain so regardless of whether they work in the private or public sector.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 07-19-2012, 06:09 AM #36
F1VENOM

Quote:
The companies buying the parks, sorry for the confusion.

The firm the buys the park will do all this because they don't want to get a bad reputation. Oversight is effectively handled by the consumer themselves. Providing a rewarding, safe, and clean experience will bring more visitors and help the firm so they would have a natural incentive to do so.

To be clear, I'm not specifically advocating this as I don't really have a problem with the way Parks and Recreation are managed now, I'm just pointing out that I don't think it would be impossible to see similar or possibly even better results doing things differently.
Why would the company buy the park and operate it for free? Or are you saying public parks should be pay to play?
Old 07-19-2012, 07:06 AM #37
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Why would the company buy the park and operate it for free? Or are you saying public parks should be pay to play?
Public EVERYTHING is pay to play, just because the "pay" comes out of your check and you don't realize it, doesn't mean it is "free"...

You need to realize, the largest chunk coming out of our economy is the money we pay to our government to have parks, road, schools, healthcare, post office, ect. They take massive amounts of money out of business/people and they waste it...

WE PAY FOR THAT, even though you don't pay when you cross into the park (well, you do around here... As you have to pay to enter many of our parks).

The tax dollars, pay the salaries and upkeep of those parks, and they are usually UNION jobs, with cadillac health care plans, and unreal retirement benefits, because of the corruption.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 AM #38
Swerve22

Quote:
If it was privatized and for profit those that go to the park would pay at the time they use it - right now everybody pays regardless of whether or not they use it so that a few people can go there for "free". I don't get why people think that things the government provides are "free", just because they don't directly see where the money is coming from.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 AM #39
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
The boundries are set within the constitution. It's a broad subject, too broad for me to really get excited about attempting to discuss it here suffice to say that I feel we currently allow the federal government a lot more power than was originally intended by the founders. However I'm not one of the anarcho capitalist guys that wan't to weaken the Federal government back to the Articles of Confederation days as well.
I know its fairly broad but my understanding of the constitution is that it is fairly flexible. Allowing for adaption within the framework it establishes. Now by my recollection, even the beloved founding fathers were torn between federalism and anti federalism. I dont think there is any true answer here if we are to look at them for guidance.

Besides the supreme courts job is to check the constitutionality of any policy is it not?

Quote:
Knowledge of the citizenry is the only way other than totalitarian rule. Unfortunately we've failed miserably in that area. Still, in my opinion trying to do what you can with an uneducated and disinterested citizenry still beats out the alternative by a healthy margin.
You seem to be drawing a dichotomy here that I can't make sense out of. Please clarify.

Quote:
Talked about this in my other post. The more agencies and bureaucracies and individuals involved (and more money and power) the more difficult it is to have transparency, effective oversight, and to guard against cronyism which naturally occurs as the opportunities arise as humans are naturally fallible and will remain so regardless of whether they work in the private or public sector.
Not much to disagree with here. I could take the opportunity to indulge in my political positions but I won't. Anyway, I don't know that every man necessarily falls trap to cronyism and certainly the form of government is completely irrelevant to that.

Even one of the most vilified of monarchs Louis whatever did many things including aiding the American revolution to improve his nation. Such as things progressed the commoners didn't see it that way and cut his head off. Ironically that gave them Napoleon who was actually harmful and an insane piece of garbage. /Related tangent.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:15 PM #40
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I know its fairly broad but my understanding of the constitution is that it is fairly flexible. Allowing for adaption within the framework it establishes. Now by my recollection, even the beloved founding fathers were torn between federalism and anti federalism. I dont think there is any true answer here if we are to look at them for guidance.
They all had different opinions, much like today.

Ben Franklin wanted to have three presidents. Imagine if that wisdom prevailed, how different the country might be? It's "flexible" in the sense that as time goes on, things need to be viewed in a different light. The Founders had no way to know that nuclear weapons or biological weapons capable of wiping out an entire city in 15 seconds would be developed. Had they known that, their views on things like torture, hostages, war, etc, would be in the Constitution. Thus, we are left to read their writings and make a solid educated guess how they might of acted, were they alive today. For example, I think the Founders who were encouraging of immigration here, would have a distinctly different view on the mindless chaos that is the Mexican border. That is a far far cry from what Ellis Island was.

Quote:
Besides the supreme courts job is to check the constitutionality of any policy is it not?
It is. Sadly, that "job" has become "check what the party tends to support and vote that way" as the justices have, for the past few decades at least, voted with the party they most identify with. I wish more justices could be like Anthony Kennedy as far as not being so ****ing partisan. Kagan shouldn't even be a justice. Roberts for that matter probably doesn't either, if public opinion is what he bases his decisions on.