Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2012, 01:25 AM #43
nolan44

I'm late on this one kinda new but I'm a machinist, use a gundrill and yes can use drill press but watch your feed and there not that expensive either a 18" .689 one was gonna cost me 100-150 or so
nolan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 PM #44
RabidHobo
projectile bacon?!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan44 View Post
I'm late on this one kinda new but I'm a machinist, use a gundrill and yes can use drill press but watch your feed and there not that expensive either a 18" .689 one was gonna cost me 100-150 or so
do that, ream it, then roller burnish it. boom, done. However the OD threads are going to be tricky. If you had a cross slide, you could put a tool into the vise, and the stock into the spindle and make passes and remove some stock that way. I am not sure if you are going to be able to find a die for your barrel.

You will likely make mistakes and hate your life, but i would try to make the barrel in two pieces, because the front you can drill oversized (or even buy tubing that fits what you need), and its much easier to have 4" of control bore headaches than 14".

-Tony
RabidHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:39 AM #45
shootinyamaskup

can you rerifle a barrel?
shootinyamaskup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:22 PM #46
Gryphon43

has been a member for 10 years
Gryphon43 plays in the APPA beginner division
I have a couple 15/16-20 cocker thread taps and dies; however, I much prefer using a lathe to cut the threads. I feel the finished product from the die is very rough and quite loose when threaded into a body.

the threads from a lathe are much cleaner in the end.