PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 AM #1
DYEpaintballEGO

DYEpaintballEGO plays in the APPA D4 division
Viking Ano/lasering/polishing?? Type III

Hello! I was wondering if it's possible to get a type III anodizing lasered? I have a stock unmilled 02 and I really want it custom. Guy at lasermygun.com says they have never lasered type III, so is it possible? Also, is there any place recomended for stripping and re-anodizing type III? I want the black off and yellow on, i just don't want them to f--- up the seal for the bolt and what not, looking for a trusted website to do it perferably low in cost and good experience with vikes. Also, if I cannot do either of these I was wondering if polishing a type III anodizing (dust black) to make it gloss black, is possible? Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 AM #2
fsrxc1

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYEpaintballEGO View Post
Hello! I was wondering if it's possible to get a type III anodizing lasered? I have a stock unmilled 02 and I really want it custom. Guy at lasermygun.com says they have never lasered type III, so is it possible? Also, is there any place recomended for stripping and re-anodizing type III? I want the black off and yellow on, i just don't want them to f--- up the seal for the bolt and what not, looking for a trusted website to do it perferably low in cost and good experience with vikes. Also, if I cannot do either of these I was wondering if polishing a type III anodizing (dust black) to make it gloss black, is possible? Thanks!
Any type of anno should be able to be lasered as all they are doing is burining it off...it may be a bit harder though. ATMF is the place to go for Type 3 anno. Anno does not seal the bolt, so don't worry about that...You can polish a gun, not the anno...to get a gloss finish the annodizer polishes the gun to a shine and then annodizes over that...to get a dust they bead blast the body...to polish a gun always costs more as it takes a bit of time to polish up a dust body

Rampage X-Ball
Monster Paintball- I Bleed GREEN
fsrxc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:20 PM #3
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrxc1 View Post
Any type of anno should be able to be lasered as all they are doing is burining it off...it may be a bit harder though. ATMF is the place to go for Type 3 anno. Anno does not seal the bolt, so don't worry about that...You can polish a gun, not the anno...to get a gloss finish the annodizer polishes the gun to a shine and then annodizes over that...to get a dust they bead blast the body...to polish a gun always costs more as it takes a bit of time to polish up a dust body
Ahh, thank you so much.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 PM #4
fsrxc1

has been a member for 10 years
You are welcome...best place to ask questions is the regular part of the forum as most people don't check in the stickies much

Rampage X-Ball
Monster Paintball- I Bleed GREEN
fsrxc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:20 PM #5
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrxc1 View Post
You are welcome...best place to ask questions is the regular part of the forum as most people don't check in the stickies much
I've asked in the regular forms, but didn't get a very in depth response as yours.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:25 PM #6
i_luv_strats
Free techs+repairs PM me!

i_luv_strats helped look for balloons
i_luv_strats owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i_luv_strats owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i_luv_strats supports Team VICIOUS
Andrew smells.

Originally posted by psiborg: Don't get one...I relate buying an AKA product to trying Crack. Sure it's fun at the start but then you just want more and more until you're ready to sell your family to a shady guy in a zoot suit for that FSP/Tarantula/Halfmill/Fullmill/Bonebrake etc. Damn now I've gone and soiled myself."
Furious Paintball Lotus barrel review .686 .689 .693 bores
i_luv_strats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 PM #7
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_luv_strats View Post
Andrew smells.
I think that you are smelling your own fart there, Paul. ;