Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 07-17-2012, 01:56 PM #22
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Me Rain View Post
Don't use CO2 kids
Lol just constantly check the hydro and don't put lube where you fill the tank.
Honestly it was far more likely that an out of hydro HPA tank would have been problematic this weekend. Field staff check CO2 tanks when filling them but any idiot with an out of hydro tank can fill his HPA.

Chalk it up to freak accident.

THE MOB
Western NY's Least Serious Paintball Team
Be indifferent about us on Faeceb°°k
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2012, 01:58 PM #23
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
They Call Me Rain supports Team VICIOUS
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain is Legendary
They Call Me Rain is Boss
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Agreed. I remember a kid in the tent next to me found a ragnarok nerf missile that AT guys used. It had the number 3 on it. Any ragnarok guys get it back?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM #24
Switch462
Two

Switch462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Only reason I would never use CO2 is the length of the lines. I think they should have you bring your tank to check in and put a tag on your tank. Of course people are still going to get through, but would help control that. I was glad that they opened the fill stations back near the french though it really helped us from having to take those long walks down.

The only thing that I would have to say was not done right other than the crappy paint would be the addition of the German insertion right near the French insertion. They did it to justify the fill station, but all it did was allow a large entity to camp the french insertion. There was no advantage to camping it just people that were happy tagging other players.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 PM #25
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch462 View Post
Only reason I would never use CO2 is the length of the lines. I think they should have you bring your tank to check in and put a tag on your tank. Of course people are still going to get through, but would help control that. I was glad that they opened the fill stations back near the french though it really helped us from having to take those long walks down.

The only thing that I would have to say was not done right other than the crappy paint would be the addition of the German insertion right near the French insertion. They did it to justify the fill station, but all it did was allow a large entity to camp the french insertion. There was no advantage to camping it just people that were happy tagging other players.
Actually, that insertion was opened up for a mission that the Germans were running. The problem is that instead of running the mission, the Germans decided to camp the French insertion. Adding the "special" insertion was a poor choice, but was quickly remedied by shutting it down.

A big thank you to Rich Moreland and his ref staff for coming out and taking control of things.

I do want to know if anything ever came of the French player who was tackled/assaulted by a German player along the field boundary though. I wasn't happy seeing a player bleeding from his face.

THE MOB
Old 07-17-2012, 04:46 PM #26
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Grazi supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Lol what? A yeti?
The legend of the skirmish Yeti... It will always live... LOL
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Grazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:47 PM #27
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Why did they assault each other??
Old 07-17-2012, 05:31 PM #28
Switch462
Two

No clue personally, but there was a ton of people getting into fights this year it was kind of sad to see. Last day I had to break up a fight between a German player and an Allied player which was completely pointless. The majority of Refs were handling it well and I heard the ref that handled the french player getting tackled was one of the ones that are brought in specifically for the game.

Bigger game = larger room for asshats and errors
Old 07-17-2012, 07:32 PM #29
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
I thought that it was too hot this year

They need to turn the AC up

And the paint prices were RIDICULOUS.
$80 for a case is insane. Plus $84 got entry is nasty too.
it has to take a massive amount of money to run a staff that big and maintain a field that big. Plus this is still a capitalistic democracy. even under obama. profit isn't really a bad thing once in a while.

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:32 PM #30
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Many fights are because people cheat.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:45 PM #31
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
it has to take a massive amount of money to run a staff that big and maintain a field that big. Plus this is still a capitalistic democracy. even under obama. profit isn't really a bad thing once in a while.
I've never had a complaint about prices at Skirmish. This isn't a weekend where saving money should be a goal haha

THE MOB
Old 07-17-2012, 07:55 PM #32
Esquire Sandwich

Esquire Sandwich has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Esquire Sandwich has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I played French and witnessed the fight at french insertion, here is what went down:

German players were camping the french insertion, very annoying but legal. Occasionally we would try to insert, fire a few shots and get hit, and we would pop right back over the out of bounds line.

I should mention here that there is about 10 feet between the French "insertion point" and the out of bounds line; so there is 10 feet where you are on the field but not in the game yet. Many french players were standing in this zone.

As we are waiting there, the Germans finished their mission and about 40 germans are walking from our right to our left. For some reason a French player, who was sitting down with his back to the field, calls out, "I'm still in" or something to that effect.

This prompts a group of at least 10 probably more germans to light his back up. And the shooting was extra ridiculous because some were also shooting at the group of us, standing out of bounds. AND because we are right next to the insertion point, some shots HAD to be going off the field to the French camping area.

After way to long of this (ten seconds? the refs there were not on their toes) the germans stop and keep walking. Another French player starts calling out to those Germans, insulting them, yelling at them for their stupidity, etc. The type of yelling you would expect following that. He specifically called out Team Pocket Aces saying, "you should know better"

NOTE: I do not know if any member of team pocket aces participated in the shooting. I know they were there and were part of the whole group, but I don't know if they fired any shots.

A member of pocket aces turns to the french player who was yelling and says something to the effect of, "who called out pocket aces!? who called out my team"

Heres where things got very bad. The french player who had called out Aces, and this Aces player got right in each others faces and were really screaming at each other. While this argument is going on someone is the rest of that pack of 40 germans tosses a smoke grenade at the French player, the French player picks it up and throws it at the feet of the German player he is arguing with.

Then either the Aces player doing the arguing, or a different german player comes up and shoves the french player, very hard, in a way that would obviously knock him down.

at that point the refs finally broke the two up, and I heard that a ref followed the german player so he could be dealt with.

It was a very stupid thing that got way out of hand. The germans did something very dangerous and unneccessary and then it got out of hand when the French player antagonized the Aces player. The refs should have stepped in earlier.

NOTE: To pocket aces's credit, another aces player came up after the fight to find out what happened. He was very nice, apologized for his teammate, tried to smooth things over and was overall a stand-up guy. He did make some excuses for them (a ref needs to be here or this will happen, etc.) but overall he was a good guy and i do not take this as a reflection of pocket aces as a team.

that is what i saw from my perspective. hope that sheds some light on what happened
ION
05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
BioWars (Co-MVT)

Last edited by Esquire Sandwich : 07-17-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Esquire Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:09 PM #33
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Germans are just meanie pants'.
I had a huge problem all weekend with wiping.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM #34
Reaper1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquire Sandwich
I played French and witnessed the fight at french insertion, here is what went down:

German players were camping the french insertion, very annoying but legal. Occasionally we would try to insert, fire a few shots and get hit, and we would pop right back over the out of bounds line.

I should mention here that there is about 10 feet between the French "insertion point" and the out of bounds line; so there is 10 feet where you are on the field but not in the game yet. Many french players were standing in this zone.

As we are waiting there, the Germans finished their mission and about 40 germans are walking from our right to our left. For some reason a French player, who was sitting down with his back to the field, calls out, "I'm still in" or something to that effect.

This prompts a group of at least 10 probably more germans to light his back up. And the shooting was extra ridiculous because some were also shooting at the group of us, standing out of bounds. AND because we are right next to the insertion point, some shots HAD to be going off the field to the French camping area.

After way to long of this (ten seconds? the refs there were not on their toes) the germans stop and keep walking. Another French player starts calling out to those Germans, insulting them, yelling at them for their stupidity, etc. The type of yelling you would expect following that. He specifically called out Team Pocket Aces saying, "you should know better"

NOTE: I do not know if any member of team pocket aces participated in the shooting. I know they were there and were part of the whole group, but I don't know if they fired any shots.

A member of pocket aces turns to the french player who was yelling and says something to the effect of, "who called out pocket aces!? who called out my team"

Heres where things got very bad. The french player who had called out Aces, and this Aces player got right in each others faces and were really screaming at each other. While this argument is going on someone is the rest of that pack of 40 germans tosses a smoke grenade at the French player, the French player picks it up and throws it at the feet of the German player he is arguing with.

Then either the Aces player doing the arguing, or a different german player comes up and shoves the french player, very hard, in a way that would obviously knock him down.

at that point the refs finally broke the two up, and I heard that a ref followed the german player so he could be dealt with.

It was a very stupid thing that got way out of hand. The germans did something very dangerous and unneccessary and then it got out of hand when the French player antagonized the Aces player. The refs should have stepped in earlier.

NOTE: To pocket aces's credit, another aces player came up after the fight to find out what happened. He was very nice, apologized for his teammate, tried to smooth things over and was overall a stand-up guy. He did make some excuses for them (a ref needs to be here or this will happen, etc.) but overall he was a good guy and i do not take this as a reflection of pocket aces as a team.

that is what i saw from my perspective. hope that sheds some light on what happened
Honestly. I'm sure if a German player had walked up to you guys and basically asked you to not insert because you would be shot right away I would be no problem. Or even just asked you to walk in the opposite direction. Obviously this was handled with incorrectly. But what can you do now that it's over.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:13 PM #35
Tripower455

Quote:
I had a huge problem all weekend with wiping.
Welcome to Skirmish! The guys turning up the velocity on the field are the ones I can't stand...... I've got a black and blue that's over 6 inches in diameter.

The guy that got me was over 100 feet away (I saw him as I was walking out). In over a quarter century of playing paintball, I never got a hit that bad. We didn't even have chronos when I began playing.....

I don't really care when it happens to me but there are kids out there....
Tripower455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:16 PM #36
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

I just think it's common sense that if you want to run a mission near ANY team's insertion, you need to have refs there to handle any issues. It wasn't planned for, but probably should have been. There are problems every year with firefights near the French insertion.

THE MOB
Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 PM #37
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
Welcome to Skirmish! The guys turning up the velocity on the field are the ones I can't stand...... I've got a black and blue that's over 6 inches in diameter.

The guy that got me was over 100 feet away (I saw him as I was walking out). In over a quarter century of playing paintball, I never got a hit that bad. We didn't even have chronos when I began playing.....

I don't really care when it happens to me but there are kids out there....
Right. There's only so much you can do about wiping. I try to play with honor and hope other players across the firefight will do the same. Unfortunately it rarely happens. Frequently it is not even wiping so much as simply playing on. I think one player I broke paint on the whole weekend actually realized it and called himself out. The rest were oblivious to, or ignoring, the hits.

THE MOB
Old 07-17-2012, 09:29 PM #38
SR_Voodoo

SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
Right. There's only so much you can do about wiping. I try to play with honor and hope other players across the firefight will do the same. Unfortunately it rarely happens. Frequently it is not even wiping so much as simply playing on. I think one player I broke paint on the whole weekend actually realized it and called himself out. The rest were oblivious to, or ignoring, the hits.
A lot of the time it was tough to tell with so many bounces. I checked myself the best I could and a lot of the times I called myself out anyhow because I thought there was no way I could have been hit so many times and not have a break. It did happen quite often that I indeed, didn't have any breaks.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:35 PM #39
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_Voodoo View Post
A lot of the time it was tough to tell with so many bounces. I checked myself the best I could and a lot of the times I called myself out anyhow because I thought there was no way I could have been hit so many times and not have a break. It did happen quite often that I indeed, didn't have any breaks.
Yup, I ran into that as well. I found myself frequently pawing at my head to see if my hand came down with any paint on it haha

THE MOB
Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 PM #40
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
I constantly checked myself for paint but actually only got out once the whole time, even while spring traps on reinforcing German soldiers. All the other times I thought I was hit I yelled for a ref or tried my best to feel paint.

Why do people turn up their velocities?
Old 07-17-2012, 10:47 PM #41
ace0007

The Pope and the Yeti were missing this year....hmmm

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 PM #42
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
I constantly checked myself for paint but actually only got out once the whole time, even while spring traps on reinforcing German soldiers. All the other times I thought I was hit I yelled for a ref or tried my best to feel paint.

Why do people turn up their velocities?
Because they figure that if their hits are going to get wiped off, they might as well make it hurt.

THE MOB
ReplyScenario Ups