Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-17-2012, 03:21 PM #1
FreedomPB07

FreedomPB07 plays in the PSP
FreedomPB07 is an NCPA player
FreedomPB07 plays in the APPA D4 division
FreedomPB07 supports DLX Technology
Need some help confirming and tuning my new Alien!

Hey guys I just picked this Alien up. Not 100% sure on what make it is. I believe it to be a 2011 Alien Independance (This is based off of the eye covers, milling, OLED board). Let me know if I'm correct or wrong in this identification.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Ok - My next questions are in tuning. I reset the board back to factory settings and I had to raise the dwell to 11ms to get the marker to fire somewhere near 300fps. I guess what i'm looking for is some advice on where the LPR should be set and the dwell. Thanks guys!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 PM #2
spypaintball

Annual Supporting Member
spypaintball is for the Gunfight
spypaintball supports Pev's Paintball
If you already have a lot of paint through it and it's working fine, I see no reason to play around with it.

That being said......if you want smoothness, raise dwell and lower LPR. This will decrease efficiency.

If you want efficiency, lower your dwell and raise your LPR back up until you get the same velocity you previously had.

If you want smoothness and efficiency...then you need to find yourself a happy medium in between both settings. What I would do is leave everything as is......lower your dwell by .5ms and chrony. Did velocity drop? If not then do it again until you reach a point where your velocity drops off. At that point raise your dwell back up .5ms and leave it there. I don't know if the 2011 board can do .5ms adjustments but use whatever amount you can do.
ICDO
North East Ballers
spypaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:49 PM #3
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

12-14 dwell is what most markers run at.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:13 PM #4
FreedomPB07

FreedomPB07 plays in the PSP
FreedomPB07 is an NCPA player
FreedomPB07 plays in the APPA D4 division
FreedomPB07 supports DLX Technology
Alright thanks guys - I'm going to bring my dwell up to 13.5 from 11 and see if that helps. I feel like the gun currently has a lot of kick so hopefully this will help to smooth it out. Is there a good starting point for the LPR? As in would it be right to set the screw flush with the housing?
Also I did some more research and it seems the only way to tell a 2010 from a 2011 is the ram? if this is right I can take a picture so you guys can help me id it! Thanks again!