Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2012, 04:21 PM #1
fxtapia

ETHA bolt sticks fordward HELP!!!!!!

Hi I have a ETHA with this problem, when I aired up tha marker the bolt goes fordward and sticks there, I can shoot the marker, I listen the sol and the valve working but the bolt sticks fordward didn0t move at all, what Can I do
fxtapia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:25 PM #2
Apewar

this happened to me 2 weeks ago. i compared the spare poppit spring to the one in the marker and saw the original was compressed and short. swap in spare and it dry fired no prob. Yesterday went to play and after approx a bag of paint it did it again. i just took out the spring and see its also compressed like the 1st.. When you air it up you see it force the bolt forward and alot of air escapes.

Only 14 cases through mine
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 PM #3
enginerd

enginerd owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I'm curious - has the poppet spring worn any of the parts that touch or surround it? It's very odd that a spring would lose its resilience after only a few hundred/thousand cycles.

Regardless - I'm sure Nicky or Jack will be on here soon with a good reply. If both of you contact the US distributor in RI I'm sure they'll get you some more springs post haste.
enginerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:08 AM #4
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Assuming that you have already registered the marker for warranty via: https://warranty.planeteclipse.com/site/signin .....

The issue that you have has two potential contributing causes:
- Firstly the front number 020 NBR 70 o-ring on the Valve Body is not sealing correctly and consequently allowing air to pass inbetween the outside of the bolt guide and the internal bore of the body.
- The bolt bumper could be acting as a seal and whilst being forced forwards by this air, compresses the bolt spring, holding the bolt forward.

So, your first line of attack is to check your front 020 NBR 70 o-ring. Replace it and re-grease it. If necessary try a 20x2 NBR 70 in its place. If the marker still exhibits the same issues, then we will need to send you a replacement bolt bumper.

Please keep me informed on your progress (and register your marker )

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:12 PM #5
Apewar

Alright i removed all 3 #20 orings...cleaned off lube off them and the valve body. Replaced the one closes to the bolt and randomly re added the 2 remaining ones, relubed all orings. Aired it up and no leaks and dry fires fine. I guess ill be going out on sat to the field to see if alls good. Hope it works for Fxtapia. im leaving the compressed spring in to see if it affects anything as well.

Thanx for the help Nicky. Also my marker is registered i double checked
Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 AM #6
gndmepyon
Nothing

gndmepyon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gndmepyon supports Team VICIOUS
Apewar - What is your dwell set at?
gndmepyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:31 AM #7
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The poppet spring will shrink slightly in use. However if it is bent or mishapen in any way then it should be replaced.

If the problem re-occurs, like Nicky said, you should replace the #20 o-rings with 20x2 o-rings. If you need any of those then email or call Gerry in the RI office or Nicky and we'll get some sent out to you.

Jack
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:04 AM #8
gndmepyon
Nothing

gndmepyon supports Team VICIOUS
Good info Jack.

I'm beginning to wonder if some of these failures are related to running a lower dwell and a higher pressure to compensate.
gndmepyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:30 PM #9
Apewar

dwell is at 11 for shiz and giggles.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:53 PM #10
fxtapia

Works like Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
Assuming that you have already registered the marker for warranty via: https://warranty.planeteclipse.com/site/signin .....

The issue that you have has two potential contributing causes:
- Firstly the front number 020 NBR 70 o-ring on the Valve Body is not sealing correctly and consequently allowing air to pass inbetween the outside of the bolt guide and the internal bore of the body.
- The bolt bumper could be acting as a seal and whilst being forced forwards by this air, compresses the bolt spring, holding the bolt forward.

So, your first line of attack is to check your front 020 NBR 70 o-ring. Replace it and re-grease it. If necessary try a 20x2 NBR 70 in its place. If the marker still exhibits the same issues, then we will need to send you a replacement bolt bumper.

Please keep me informed on your progress (and register your marker )

Nicky T

Thank you very much Nicky I had to use 20X2 orings because the standard 20 didn't seal, with these new ones the marker works fine
Excellent suggestion
fxtapia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 AM #11
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Thank you for letting us know that the 20x2 o-rings resolved yoru issue. Glad to hear that you're back up and running in time for the weekend

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 PM #12
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
The poppet spring will shrink slightly in use. However if it is bent or mishapen in any way then it should be replaced.

If the problem re-occurs, like Nicky said, you should replace the #20 o-rings with 20x2 o-rings. If you need any of those then email or call Gerry in the RI office or Nicky and we'll get some sent out to you.

Jack
Mine is fine. How would it bend? It is being compressed in a straight direction.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:30 AM #13
Sherlok

Sherlok is a Supporting Member
Sherlok has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
Mine is fine. How would it bend? It is being compressed in a straight direction.
I believe it's an issue with the material. I imagine if any part of the spring is inconsistent (weaker), it'll give a bit more than the rest and begin to bend towards that.

Mine's actually starting to do this, however it doesn't seem to be affecting performance just yet.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:29 AM #14
convicted_knight
Team UNKN?WN

convicted_knight owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
convicted_knight plays in the APPA D4 division
and also keep the bolt n bolt guide clean n dont lube it.. my bolt stucked bcos of that..
convicted_knight is offline   Reply With Quote