Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 PM #1
skateandpaint

skateandpaint has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
skateandpaint has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
skateandpaint has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
thinking of getting the e1 questions!!

Ok so i want a decent marker for my kid brother to play speedball with me and the e1 seems really great for the price. I just want to know what is regular done to maintain the marker besides lubing the bolt and the hpr? is there anything else? if the gun is leaking can i access most of the o rings without taking the trigger frame off? ohh and is there an lpr on the marker or no?
any help would be appreciated..i really dont want him to shoot an ion lol

PM7 for sale!! help me pay bills!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post85503833
skateandpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2012, 01:59 PM #2
TK0897
Legion for Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateandpaint View Post
Ok so i want a decent marker for my kid brother to play speedball with me and the e1 seems really great for the price. I just want to know what is regular done to maintain the marker besides lubing the bolt and the hpr? is there anything else? if the gun is leaking can i access most of the o rings without taking the trigger frame off? ohh and is there an lpr on the marker or no?
To my knowledge there is no LPR on the E1 it uses a HPR only. This is a basic entry level marker and while there are a lot of upgrades on it if your brother is going to use this long term I think you'll be better off getting a used G3 or G4 for him instead. This will give you the locking feedneck, better board and on/off ASA for about the same price as the E1.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:16 PM #3
phant0m0
WC Remedy #6

Annual Supporting Member
phant0m0 is BST Trusted
phant0m0 plays in the PSP
phant0m0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
phant0m0 plays in the APPA D4 division
phant0m0 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Ever see the Movie north shore? This kid learned to surf by starting with the old ancient heavy *** Polynesian long boards, and slowly graduated to fast Modern top of the line Chandler made surf boards.

The E1 is cheating that training regimen.Not quite a long board but not a chandler either. This is because it has 2 modes 25bps Semi and 25bps Full auto. The E1 is basically a finger strengthener. Or an entry level Electronic marker.

If you get one, and your kid brother masters the semi on it, his next step up in markers, he's going to be a killing machine.

Maintenance is real simple. You take the cap off the back lube the bolt and the rings, put the bolt back in, screw on the cap. you shouldn't have to mess with anything else. DO NOT open the Reg, or take the grip frame off. read the manual and understand it's purpose.
phant0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:18 PM #4
skateandpaint

is the g3 or 4 harder to maintain? and i kinda want to get him something new and we can only shoot semi at the field and he is not interested in tournement play so the board is fine and the e1 has an on/off integrated asa...i dont want to get him a used g3 and have it be leaking i kinda want him to get it new have the manual and support of the company..i do appreciate your imput but i would just like the questions answered about the e1...and i also here that the e1 and g3 are near identical besides cosmetically and the ugrades you mentioned

Old 07-16-2012, 02:24 PM #5
TK0897
Legion for Life...

Quote:
is the g3 or 4 harder to maintain? and i kinda want to get him something new and we can only shoot semi at the field and he is not interested in tournement play so the board is fine and the e1 has an on/off integrated asa...i dont want to get him a used g3 and have it be leaking i kinda want him to get it new have the manual and support of the company..i do appreciate your imput but i would just like the questions answered about the e1...and i also here that the e1 and g3 are near identical besides cosmetically and the ugrades you mentioned
I think like anything you get what you put in to them. You'll have to do some maintenance regardless of the marker you get. That said there is probably more to go wrong on the G3 or G4 so more maintenance.

In this case I think it may be personal preference, I would personally grab a used G3 or G4 off BST before an E1. This mainly due to the needed upgrades (though if you just need the feedneck then it's another story). However if you want a simple solid marker I don't think anything is wrong E1 for your brother.

Sorry was referring to the lack of the RAPS II on/off ASA forgot the important part of the RAPS before on/off.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:44 PM #6
phant0m0
WC Remedy #6

Annual Supporting Member
phant0m0 is BST Trusted
phant0m0 plays in the PSP
phant0m0 plays in the APPA D4 division
phant0m0 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I just read this. I understand it. Buy the E1. You won't be upset.
phant0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:45 PM #7
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
I have not shot an e1 but you can get barely used g4 on here for just a little bit more. I think it's the look but i just dont like the e1 much for some reason. I do have 2 g3 and love them. Maintenance is nothing on them, even if you get a leak, it's a super easy to fix and or maintain. Pretty sure the g series uses the same engine. Someone correct me if wrong.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM #8
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
It sounds like you have looked into what marker to get before buying.... I think the next step is to look into maintenance and parts availability - which you are trying to do now. First, check out the manual for the E1: Dangerous Power E1 Manual. You can also check out the manuals for the other Dangerous power markers being suggested here: Dangerous Power manuals for downloading.

As already stated, ANY marker will require maintenance of some sort if used long enough. Parts wear out and/or break over time. I understand your desire to get a new E1 with the thought of having this support from either the place you buy it or the manufacturer. However, you will likely find that some sort of warrenty, if even available, is going to be very limited and have a short time frame. Once that time is up (let's say 30 days), the E1 is just like any other marker bought used as far as coverage for issues/breakage.

Now to ansewr your questions directly:

Yes, you are correct in that the E1 is almost identical to a G3 but with less bells and whistles. Both will require maintenance of the bolt and backcap stem every time you take it out and possibly even once during a single day of play. The only o-rings you will not be able to access without taking the gripframe off are the solenoid o-rings. However, the solenoid will also need manitenance at some point so might as welll get use to having to work on the entire marker.

There is no LPR on the E1, only a HPR. The ASA is integrated on the gripframe (meaning if there is ever an issue with the ASA, such as cross threaded or stripped threads......you're going to have to basically get a new marker). The feedneck holds the hopper in place via 2 o-rings - usable but not very secure in some cases. Other than typical maintenance that any electropheumatic piece of equipment would require, there isn't anything "special" required for the E1 specifically. Maintenance is pretty much the same for ALL DP spool valve markers - from the REV-I to the E1. DP's poppet marker's maintenance is slightly different but all still require some, including the solenoids.

I think what others are trying to convey to you about getting a G3 or G4 may be that you get better bang for your buck but I'd just add that, particularly with the ASA, should anything break or get trashed down the line, it may be easier and less costly to repair. Cross threading the ASA on a tank reg would pretty much make an E1 a paperweight or hope that Dp has an entire gripframe available for replacement. If the same were to happen with a G3 or G4.....either a replacement ASA from DP or one of many aftermarket ASAs available will do the job.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:31 PM #9
Shru

You can pretty much get a pretty nice g3/g4 for about the same price as the E1 new...
I prefer the g3, don't really like the g4 myself...
No need to really upgrade the g3 right off the bat, especially if he is playing recball...
If playing tourney or speedball stuff, than ape led board, or oled board and techt bolt engine, and cp trigger make a world of difference with the g3...

I have owned alot of highend markers and other mid ranged markers, I shoot my g3 because it is reliable, easy to fix if any issues, the dp forums are more than willing to help people if need be....
the secret to the g3 marker is just maintain it, don't throw it in your bag and never do anything to it, you will have issues...
I lube my techt bolt engine every weekend before i play, I service the noid about once a month...That is all i ever do to the marker, or change a oring once in awhile....
Honestly, You would be wasting your money on the E1, get a nice reliable used g3 or g4 from someone...you will be happy you made that decision..
If you cannot find one locally, let me know.. Maybe i can help you out.

Goodluck in your decision
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:21 PM #10
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
the e1 requires lubing of the bolt the day of play. done

nothing else to worry about.

ouck up the e1 and some lurker lube good to go
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:03 PM #11
skateandpaint

the g3 does sound sweet and if thats all the you need to do it sounds pretty easy..how difficult is it to service the noid?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:07 PM #12
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Here is how it's done...for ALL DP markers.
http://www.pbnation.com/out.php?l=ht...layer_embedded
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 PM #13
oLlmas-_-

oLlmas-_- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oLlmas-_- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oLlmas-_- has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
oLlmas-_- is attending Decay of Nations VI
The e1 is really easy to maintain you just need some up's on it, mainly a new feedneck and your set
Old 11-14-2012, 10:17 PM #14
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by oLlmas-_- View Post
The e1 is really easy to maintain you just need some up's on it, mainly a new feedneck and your set
holy necro batman!!

University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:05 PM #15
KUMQUAT
Regan G.

KUMQUAT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KUMQUAT has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
OK, so i have a E1 with APE Rampage OLED and CP Regulator, and LOVE IT!!!The best $190 I've spent in my life.(paintball speaking anyway) Right now if you buy from Ans-gear or dangerous power themselves you'll get the upgraded clamping feed neck that everyone's talking about. Mines in the shop right now due to a air problem.(quick fix just didn't fell like messing with it and my shop only charges $15-$20 for all maintenance) I highly recommend purchasing this marker, you wont be dissapointed.
KUMQUAT is offline   Reply With Quote