Link to original thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3380076
Eclipse Geo2 Technical Specification
It has been over 18 months since the release of the original Geo. In that time the popularity of the marker has been growing in leaps and bounds. With the arrival of upgrades such as the GR-2 Kit and more recently the GST kit, the Geo has developed and matured into a class act, and as such has been picked up and used by an ever increasing number of players. This year sees a near 50/50 spilt between Ego and Geo usage amongst our Pro and Semi-Pro teams. That in its self should be endorsement enough.
But, as with anything in life, we believe there is still room for improvement. Both in terms of ergonomics, features, and performance; the Geo2 will further define what is possible from the Geo platform.
Taking the knowledge acquired and the feedback gleaned since the launch of Geo, the Geo2 has been modified in virtually every area. From efficiency, to balance, to electronics and regulation, the Geo has been improved, and in key areas such as the ability to shoot the most fragile paint possible, the Geo2 simply excels
1) Gen2 Propshaft Assembly The Geo2 comes with a completely new Propshaft Assembly. The design introduces a spring-loaded Drive Core. This Drive Core prevents air loss both on the firing stroke of the bolt, leaving residual, previously wasted air trapped in the valve chamber, as well as ensuring the valve chamber is fully sealed prior to re-filling on the return stroke of the bolt. This results in better efficiency and faster recharge of the valve chamber. The New Finned Propshaft Tip helps keep the propshaft and bolt concentric at all times.
2) SL3 In-Line Regulator The SL3 regulator is more accurate, more consistent, with less creep and faster recharge than any previous Eclipse Regulator. On top of that it will allow the Geo2 to operate with LP, MP or HP tanks with no fluctuation in performance or velocity. Switch from HP tank to LP tank without needing to adjust the regulator. The New design means that the Geo2 will shoot down to the last 200psi of tank pressure with next-to-zero loss in velocity. The new SL3 regulator also has reversible and replaceable reg seal.
3) Shaft4 Barrel The Shaft4 has been developed specifically to improve efficiency and consistency. By manipulating the length and bore of the rear control bore section the new barrel gives higher velocities than older Shaft barrels for the same settings. This leads to an improvement in efficiency and consistency as well as reducing the sound signature of the marker.
4) Geo2 GST Bolt Assembly After the phenomenal success of the GST kit for the Geo, the Geo2 receives the same treatment as standard. GST Can and GST Geo2 bolt now work in conjunction with the new sprung Drive Core to further reduce recoil and sound signature, making the Geo2 supremely smooth and quiet.
5) 2010 Circuit Board New Circuit Board has 92% larger LCD screen with adjustable backlight colour. Optimised solenoid drive circuitry offering increased accuracy of Dwell and ROF control. 16-bit, 16mips PIC microprocessor. Micro and Opto trigger sensing. New GUI (Graphical User Interface).
6) E-Portal Connectivity Capable of connecting the Geo2 to a PC giving the ability to upload Firmware, make Splash Screens and remotely adjust parameters. (Requires Optional USB Adaptor, Software and Cable)
7) Wider Frame-to-Reg Spacing An increase in the stance of the Geo2 changes the basic feel of the marker and allows higher rear hand placement. New 2010 bearing carrier also allows higher trigger placement to match the higher rear hand position resulting in a more instinctive and pointy feel to the marker.
Of course these are just some of the headline changes to the Geo2. On top of these there are the dominant Geo features that have been brought through to the latest creation, such as the ISCIS valve system, low dynamic seal count, Cure bolt technology, Deftek feed, Break-Beam Sensor System, OOPS ASA, Clamping feed, tool-less maintenance as well as access to the Planet Eclipse Technical and Customer Support network making teching a breeze.
The primary changes combined with the core Geo and Planet Eclipse values take the Geo2 to the next level. To make it one of the smoothest, quietest, efficient, well balanced, lightest, reliable spool valve markers on sale today, and to nail it firmly into upper echelons of high-end paintball equipment.
Weight 883g/1.94lb Including 14 Shaft4 Barrel, Battery, Feed Tube, OOPS
Length 526mm Including 14 Shaft4 Barrel
Geo2 GST-Style Bolt Assembly
Geo2 Propshaft with Spring-Loaded Drive Core
SL3 Inline Regulator Works With Any Tank
E-Portal Compatible Update Firmware, Splash Screens and User Settings
Shaft4 Barrel 14/0.689 Longer, tighter control bore improves efficiency and consistency
92% Larger Multicoloured Transflective LCD Module
Ego10-Style Grip Frame and Grips
Extended Grip Pitch Increased Comfortable and Stability
Spool Valve Design
Low Reciprocating Mass Bolt 17g
ISCIS (Innovative Solenoid Controlled Isolation System) Mechanism
SC (Spool-Cure) Bolt helps eliminate 2nd ball clipping in the feed stack.
6-Second Strip Down To remove and separate all internal Bolt components
Tool-less Bolt removal all internal bolt components removed without tools
BBSS (Break Beam Sensor System)
Def-Tek Offset Feed
C-Lever Clamping Feedneck with Sprocket Wheel
Dual Selectable Trigger Switching Opto and Micro Switches
Dual Trigger Return Mechanisms Spring and Magnetic Return
Integrated Audible Beeper for Alarms and Actuations
Capped and Uncapped Ramp Modes
All Major Tournament Presets
9 Preset Debounce Modes
5-Point Adjustable Trigger
T-Rail Mounting System
OOPS On/Off/Purge ASA System
Launch Colors: Midnight, Ashes, Combat, Poison2, Shiner