ventturei26 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
velocity issue with Gen-E Trix

hey all

i have a 2002 Gen-E matrix

tadao 5.1 m3 board
eyes
pbc lpr
cp reg
i think it may actually be a stock bolt not too sure how to tell.

my first problem with it is that i havnt really used it since 03/04. i decided to go out and play this last weekend and i found some issues that i need to get worked out.

1. after it sits for bit ill fire it once, nothing happens and fire it twice and both come out. the dwell was set at 10 so i raised it to 20. and changed the firing mode a bit to a capped 20bps. instead of an uncapped ramp mode.

2. the back plug doesnt want to go all the way in likes to sit out a bit making the backplate warp a bit. took the bolt out and lubed everything and tried to put everything in just right and the only way i could get the back plug flush was to flip the rear wall, but i know that wont work.

3. i cant seem to get the velocity up. when the dwell was set at 10 i was shooting over a chrono and with the lpr adjustments i was only able to max out the fps to 165.

any advice guys?
"can i borrow some paint...ill give it right back!!"-Russ aka Gunslinger #26 aka ventturei26

OLD Feedback

Massive Gearbag Sale

ventturei26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM #2
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
10 is a low dwell, I know some people ran their old Matrix around 14, but most DMs are running 18-21ms now and the general bolt function is about the same. Make sure everything is lubed well too.

And it sounds like you have the bolt assembled wrong, I think when you flip the back wall is when you got it right. The side with the two semi circle shapes should face the plug.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:52 PM #3
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

yeah, the only real reason you should have a dwell of 10 is if you have a slam bolt.
gwhetzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:05 PM #4
ventturei26
100 mph U-Turn

has been a member for 10 years
ventturei26 supports Pev's Paintball
yea i already raised the dwell to 20. havnt had time to shoot it so see if it still has the ball drop issue.

i called up the matrix center and got a new oring kit and some 33 lube. (i actually have some matrix muck left over from back in the day but its been sitting for 10 years now...)

i checked the diagram from pblegion and with the bolt installed correctly the back plug doesnt sit flush with the back so the plate will sit in.
"can i borrow some paint...ill give it right back!!"-Russ aka Gunslinger #26 aka ventturei26

OLD Feedback

Massive Gearbag Sale

Old 07-04-2012, 09:41 AM #5
harjukewm

A few of us on here can get ur gun running for you if u want us to tech it
harjukewm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:57 PM #6
ventturei26
100 mph U-Turn

haha im sure i can figure it out. i used to be the local tech for these thigs. but 9 10 years of not playing or tinkering on them has made me forget some things haha

OLD Feedback

Massive Gearbag Sale

Old 07-06-2012, 01:57 AM #7
ventturei26
100 mph U-Turn

well took the gun for a test run today. got everything going. wasnt sure of velocity but doing much much better. put it into ramp mode...snap...bolt broke. so looks like im on the lookout for either a bolt or a bolt kit now

OLD Feedback

Massive Gearbag Sale

Old 07-06-2012, 02:55 AM #8
BonesJackson
Legendary

Looks like someone spiked his LPR.
BonesJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:05 AM #9
ventturei26
100 mph U-Turn

I've been thinking most of these problems seem to be lpr related. Just getting a bit frustrating hahaha. Used to really do well with these guns I used to be these things and known for it at the fields. Now I can't remember **** haha. What 8 years of not keeping up will do I guess. Guess when u get older u really do get CRS haha

OLD Feedback

Massive Gearbag Sale

Old 07-15-2012, 11:19 PM #10
ventturei26
100 mph U-Turn

well i ended up buying 2 more trix's. one supposedly has a red colored bolt...haha.

one of them comes with a trinity reg and the other with a pbr. hopefully ill get my original going with some awesome parts.

also ended up testing the hpr, on the gun with a guage it was fluctuating from 125 t0 175 randomly. guess its time for either a rebuild or a new one. and a guage on the trix.

OLD Feedback

Massive Gearbag Sale