Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2012, 03:26 PM #1
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
10/11 parts in 09 info

searched a little bit, couldnt find an answer. Id call in but im leaving for dinner and i figured others might appreciate this info in the future.

I understand that the indy 10 will accept an 11's rammer and bolt pin.

Id like to know if those same two parts can go into the 09.

Also, what should someone with a 10 expect to gain from running the 11s parts?

The info im looking for is specific to the rammer, bolt pin and maybe differences in the bolt between years and what is compatible with what. not worried about year to year changes with the eyes (4c and such) or the boards)
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2012, 05:29 PM #2
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

:/ its been a few days.. knowone wants to help?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:38 PM #3
TOS Bravo

TOS Bravo is for the Gunfight
The 9-11 bolt pins and rammers are completely interchangeable. The new '11 parts allow for slightly lower operating pressures and I believe are lighter. The bolt pin is hollowed out I believe and has an Alien jewel on top opposed to the 9/10 pin which is just a flat metal surface.

TOS Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:49 AM #4
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

this is what i figured. i am curious as to how a lighter ram would net a lower operating pressure.

in my experience, lighter rams reduce kick but require a little more pressure due to a loss in "momentum".

with the fusions, we just lightened our springs in combination with the light ram and it worked wonders. maybe because the alien is not a FASOR, my theory does not apply.

now that i know this, i might call jack tomorrow and pick his brain about getting an 11 ram and bolt pin
Old 07-13-2012, 09:56 AM #5
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
If you can get the ram lighter, but still heavy enough to open the valve sufficiently to get your ball up to speed without changing any pressure settings then there could be a minor gain. This would only happen if the ram is already a bit too heavy to begin with.

Usually a lighter ram is used in conjunction with a longer poppet and often a lighter valve spring as you said. This usually sacrifices efficiency but for some people that doesn't matter.

On some guns the benefits are decent, on other guns not so much. I think it really depends on how worked in your gun is before you add the parts. If it's broken in well, the gains will be small. If it's not, the gains will feel more significant.

The easiest way to make a gun smooth is to add a nice heavy barrel on it lol. Back when stainless barrels were all the rage nobody had a kicky gun lol.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S

DM12 red with matching Boomy F/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 PM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

well i just called jack. He is charging $50 for the ram and bolt pin. Each $25.

He told me that the lighter mass in the bolt and ram called for a little more lpr (just like i assumed).

so basically my theory works with the aliens as well.. not just the fusions im used too. now im sure we could compress the poppet spring but im not going to give that a go because the gun already shoots fine and dosnt need $50 worth of parts put into it with a 50% of me being able to make it perform better.

but i did confirm that the 11 ram and bolt pin will go in the 09 and 10.. so if forwhatever reason you feel compelled or have to replace one of those parts, the 2011 parts will work.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:16 PM #7
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.

insixdays777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The lighter ram and pin in reality just make riding the LPR line for smoothness vs consistency more difficult to tune for in my opinion. Its really a wash because you have to raise the lpr a bit.

You can make an ND with 10 internals shoot crazy crazy smooth. It really comes down to rate of fire needed. Cap your ND at 10 or 12.5 bps, up your dwell, and lower the LPR....shoots as smooth as a luxe. People just dont realize you really dont need to set your gun to shoot 30bps and crank up the LPR to do so when your field's cap is 12-15.
J4 Torque
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:15 PM #8
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

that is a good point. to low of an lpr may cause it to shoot great for a few shots over the crono but when you ramp into 15bps (what i do for tourny play) you might see problems.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:11 PM #9
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
You could try replacing the valve spring with another one, don't ruin the one you have. If you know anyone with a cocker spring kit I'm sure they'll have something you can experiment with.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S

DM12 red with matching Boomy F/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote