Community Focus

Old 07-13-2012, 09:53 PM #1
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
LEMUR 2.0 Compiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
Lurker's Experimental Method of Unified Resistance training.
LEMUR 2.0 (henceforth L2) 5 day split:
Shoulders
Hips/Abs
Back
Chest
Legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
shoulders

Dynamic Warm up: weighted windmills/external internal rotators

5 sets 5 reps 30% 1rm ballistic bench, paused at bottom

Preactivate: Standing Push press, single up to 90% 1 rm

~ 5 mins rest

Power/Myoreps sets: Seated BB, DB, or smith shoulders to just below 90 elbow angle, strip setting down for 5 sets with explosive concentric ~5 sets 25 reps total as per usual

Volume work: 6 sets of 12, <30s rest between sets, Smith or hammer strength shoulder press.

Detail work: 3 sets of 10, 1 arm DB raise. No momentum, all the way up to above the level of your head to feel the squeeze. No ego lifting, I only use 35-40s and you aren't as strong as me. (DYEGYE possible exception)

Extra upper body press work: dips, 3 sets of 20+ to failure. That's unweighted for me, but dirty freaks like dake may bolt on a 45 anyway.

(No good place for KAATSU work today IMO, unless you want to do a dedicated tri lift)
Quote:
Abs/Hips:

Warmup legs/stretch hip flexors

some bodyweight squats

3-5 sets of 3-5 jumping free bar squat (trying for max height), 20-30% 1RM. Learn to land softly, btw. I use 155 and it feels really good.

Hip thrust: preactivate my going up with heavy triples, keep the eccentric explosive and be sure to get full extension (hyperextended hips). This is where you're use SLDL or deads, but I don't recommend anything more aggressive than a triple.

rest 5 min

LEMUR/Myo rep sets: Hip thrust, try for a 1-2s hold in extended position

Heavy shrugs, 3 sets to failure, squeeze/hold at top (but can cheat to get it up)

superset: 5 sets: hang cleans (sets of 5-10 with reasonable weight) with ab exercise of your choice, I prefer rollouts or dragon flag, to failure.

super set: 3 sets: favorite ab exercise with favorite calf exercise (can kaatsu this if your calves lag). If you wanted to put adductor abductor here instead of calf work i'm good with that.
*I do my hang clean/rollout supersets without releasing the bar

Quote:
Back/Bis

Preactivate: weighted Wide grip chins
rest
Myorep sets: also wide gripped chins, try to get some body incine to work the whole of the upper back

1 arm Cheat (Kroc) rows, ultra heavy - 3 sets, 10+ reps to failure. I like the HS row machine for this, though 6 plates a side has gotten light for me. The idea on these is to use the 1 arm positioning to start from a stretch position, then explode using the whole of your upper back, and try as hard as you can to squeeze at the top (you won't be able to, but we're just looking for maximum tension.

5 sets of 12 - incline rear flye, full stretch at the bottom, full contraction at the top, short rest, no ego.

Preactivate: Undergrip CGPulldowns

Cheat standing BB curls, Myoreps style

3 sets db curls across the center of the body, full stretch, strict form

5 sets of 12 detail work, either cable crossovers while stretching, or a FULL range preacher/spider curl. I cannot stress how important it is to get the full stretch to the point where the muscle relaxes at the bottom, this lets the blood "reload"...you'll feel what i mean. These sets re where one could add kaatsu occlusion if desired.

Do the weighted hanging stretches and a bicep extreme stretch on your way out. Very important day for stretching.
Quote:
Chest

Warmup shoulders (external + internal rotators, 5-10lb windmills, slow and controlled

Slight decline or flat BB bench - Preactivate

Rest 5 minutes

Myorep sets

Wide grip incline partial presses on the smith (your grip is wide so that at 90 degrees of elbow flexion you have a lot of stretch on the chest already). Explosive concentric but not ballistic.

4 sets, reverse pyramidding down, but with sufficient rest...like 6 on the first set, working up to 10-14 on the last set.

3 sets DB incline to failure(ish, not super hard DC failure), focus on MMC and drop your weights. Immediately following your last set here begin:

3-5 sets with low rest, high reps, cable crossovers or db flyes. Stretch, contraction. No ego, just burn on these. Could occlude here.

3 sets narrow grip press (whatever you prefer for heavy pressing tricep work, at this point your chest is destroyed

DC style 3 set rest pause lurker extension or skull crusher (pulling style tricep movement with emphasis on stretch)

tricep and chest stretches.
Quote:
Legs

Warmup for squats

When working up to preactivation, before each set, with bodyweight, jump as high as you can out of the squat position (dynamic preactivation).

Preactivate squat (heavy, easy double with fast bar speed)

LEMUR style drop set on squats (you may have to massively drop weight after the first set to stay safe)

Walking Lunges, 2 sets to failure

Somersault squats (smith or free bar, kaatsu optional) 4 sets of 20+ to failure

Ham curls (or light SLDL) ham curls, 5 second + negative, explosive concentric, ~1 second hold at contraction. 3 sets of 15

Heavy biceps (cheat curl or cg pulldown)
DC style 3xF drop set

biceps exercise of choice with good stretch and full range of motion, superset with calves work of choice (10+ reps on the bicep weight.)
3 supersets
On preactivation and myoreps:
Quote:
1. Warm up as necessary, weights under 70% 1RM, avoid constant tension for >6 seconds with any weight above 35% of max.

2. Perform a single rep with 85-90% of your maximum with FAST bar speed. This activates as many muscle fibers as possible, an effect that lasts roughly 5 minutes. You absolutely cannot grind this rep out, and total time under tension including racking and unracking must be less than 6 seconds. The 6 second guideline is due to golgi tendon inhibition. You may do a double at 85% if you like, but the key is that you must max out your force production. Ideally, lifting a nice heavy load this early should leave you feeling like a beast, ready to do anything, and totally unfatigued (unlike a 1RM max effort)

3. WITHIN 2-3 MINUTES Perform roughly 6 reps with around your 6 rep max. The last rep should NOT be a grinder, though it should be difficult, you do not want to lose bar speed and have a tremendously long tension time. This is still a heavy set, and focus should really ideally be on nailing the form and getting maximum power development, especially at the stretch point where the eccentric becomes concentric.

4. Wait 10-15 seconds/breaths, and drop the weight roughly 10%. If you think you can get more than 3 with the original weight, don't drop. Rep out this weight, still not approaching failure (each mini set should have a rep in the tank). Discontinue the set at the first sign of reps becoming "grindy".

5. Wait 10 seconds/breaths, and repeat step 4. Dropping perhaps another 5-10% of load is OK, but no more. Weights you could do for more than 12 reps are probably not going to produce sufficient load for the goal fiber damage here. You want around 25 reps through 5 or 6 mini sets per body part performed in this fashion.
LEGACY REFERENCES:
LEMUR 3-day split (LEMUR 1.5)
Original LEMUR (LEMUR 1.0)

Any other info/FAQ section you guys would like to see, I'd be happy to add.

**DISCLAIMER** In case it isn't brutally apparent, I did not create this routine. Lurker27 did. The research, methods, and experimentation... that's all him. I'm just doing what I can to make it easy to find/navigate.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.

Last edited by ]TSS[ Dake : 07-13-2012 at 09:59 PM.
]TSS[ Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2012, 09:54 PM #2
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Reserved, just in case.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 PM #3
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Lurker Approved:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7C...V96TkRIUGloSnc

Old 07-13-2012, 10:41 PM #4
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Let's ****in hear it for death taco, he is the man
Old 07-13-2012, 10:44 PM #5
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

^2rd

Old 07-14-2012, 01:26 AM #6
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Let the games begin
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:30 AM #7
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
Ted- here, here m8
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Dirtybirdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:54 PM #8
MeanChad

MeanChad plays in the APPA D5 division
Any suggestions on how I can hit chest and tri's 2 times a week while on LEMUR 2.0?

Really trying to bring up my chest.
MeanChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:01 PM #9
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

This chest day alone will so the trick.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:09 PM #10
MeanChad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
This chest day alone will so the trick.
Currently my split is this:

Monday:chest&arms(power day)
Tuesday:legs/core
Wednesday:back&shoulders
Thursday:light legs/core
Friday:chest&arms(light day)

But I really think by switching to Lemur I will benefit, thoughts?
Old 07-14-2012, 01:12 PM #11
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanChad View Post
thoughts?
"go away."

Old 07-14-2012, 02:03 PM #12
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

This is a thread to discuss LEMUR 2.0 and subsequent workouts. NOT to discuss whether you should be doing this program, or how to substitute this into your current program.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:16 PM #13
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Is there anyway to download that off google docs to an iphone?

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:18 PM #14
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Also, note from today:
Will not be stimming again on hips/abs day. The supersets are pretty damn cardio challenging if you do them right, and stims will hinder that in a way that overrides the intensity boost.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:38 PM #15
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
Could you download it on to your computer, email it to yourself, open up attachment on the phone? I'm not familiar with iPhones at all, so this is a complete shot in the dark.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:37 PM #16
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

DT, any chance you could add the recommended stretches into the spreadsheet?

Old 07-15-2012, 01:53 PM #17
NeCanes
TBO

NeCanes plays in the PSP
NeCanes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeCanes is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
gonna try and start this tomorrow
NeCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:20 PM #18
__slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
You should have ibooks on your phone, download it onto your computer, email it to yourself, open your email on your phone and it should be in your sent mail folder. open the attachment in ibooks.

2k3 Angel Ir3 C&C
Lucky Un1 board with Lucky ACE Chip
JAM Gen 3 Bolt
__slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:56 PM #19
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by __slide View Post
You should have ibooks on your phone, download it onto your computer, email it to yourself, open your email on your phone and it should be in your sent mail folder. open the attachment in ibooks.
repped

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:27 AM #20
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
DT, any chance you could add the recommended stretches into the spreadsheet?
Yeah give me a few days. Will be revising and refining that spreadsheet a few times.

The main problems are keeping it to 1 sheet per cycle. If this isn't an issue...I could expand it to a larger - more broad view based pamphlet like DeFranco's WS4SB...or just make the log/explanation separate.

Thoughts, recommendations, ideas, desires, suggestions?

EDIT: Give me around a week or so to complete this.

Last edited by Death_Taco : 07-16-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Death_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:03 AM #21
MeanChad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
Yeah give me a few days. Will be revising and refining that spreadsheet a few times.

The main problems are keeping it to 1 sheet per cycle. If this isn't an issue...I could expand it to a larger - more broad view based pamphlet like DeFranco's WS4SB...or just make the log/explanation separate.

Thoughts, recommendations, ideas, desires, suggestions?
Just make 2 different sheet's? one sheet for the notes/stretches and the other for the workout split.