Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-07-2012, 03:26 AM #1
hobbes01721

has been a member for 10 years
hobbes01721 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hobbes01721 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Atlantis sent wrong item, not responding to PMs/e-mails

So here's the story. I saw he had a pair of Empire Contacts in his gearbag sale (which have since been deleted as they were sold). Rough timeline:

I paid for them same day
He took awhile shipping (which I'm okay with, but this is why the trade took place over a long period of time as evident through gmail's e-mail dates).
I received Prevail pants, not Contact pants
E-mailed him, no response
Sent PM to him on PBnation, it was read, no response
Send 2nd PM to him, hasn't been read, but he's been online.

Here's the info, I censored everything because I don't want anyone harassing him. I also put the links on imgur.com, I hope that's not a problem. I'm also not posting a paypal screenshot but I can if it's wanted.

First PM:

He says the pants are sold, but in the e-mail (next image) he says he has them and was thinking of the wrong thing.

E-mail Convo 1:

E-mail Convo 2:

E-mail Convo 3:

E-mail Convo 4:

E-mail Convo 5:

I also sent him 2 PMs after the last e-mail. I only have receipts of these, apparently since I opened a new PM each time, I don't have a copy of it.

First PM after receiving wrong pants:

This PM basically mirrored my last e-mail, was just asking what's wrong.

Second PM after receiving wrong pants:

I said something along the lines of "If you don't get back to me, I'll have to post on the forums about this." He's been online a few times since then and hasn't read the PM, so I can only assume he's ignoring it, especially considering this is the 3rd overall message I sent him concerning this.

What I want:
1.) not to make a big deal out of it, but I guess that's not an option now?
2.) Either
a.) a refund, I'll ship the pants back but I'm not paying for return shipping, or
b.) a lower price on the pants; I could use a 2nd pair I suppose but I can't afford $60 for yours, I still want a pair of Empire Contacts.
c.) the Empire Contacts, if you still have those
It's completely up to you.

Please don't spam him or anything, I really just need his attention and to get this matter resolved in a timely manner. I don't want to leave bad feedback, I don't want to file a paypal dispute (yet), I just want a peaceful resolution.

Last edited by hobbes01721 : 07-07-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: images instead of links
hobbes01721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2012, 11:12 AM #2
proflex08

you should post the screen shots in this thread, not just links. If he's not responding to you PM's start posting in his BST threads, your time to file a paypal claim is limited, so you might want to file one as a just in case.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:22 AM #3
hobbes01721

Thanks for the tips proflex. I changed my post, and I did some research. I have 45 days for "most claims" and I'd like to wait a little longer, but I'll get on that in a few days. I PM'd him this thread so hopefully he'll see it and contact me (either here or privately).
Old 07-07-2012, 12:50 PM #4
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
you can start the claim with paypal "item not as described" unless there is a "wrong item" option. Escalate to a dispute as soon as you can. Sending the wrong item? can be understandable, not communicating once the error has been found? not acceptable.

if he decides to work with you and make it right you can cancel the claim AFTER everything is in order. A paypal claim should get his attention very quickly.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:03 PM #5
hardpainball
Easy & Painless

hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
Agree with PayPal claim --> dispute. They'll get you your refund, but the shipping back is on your dime.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:35 PM #6
hobbes01721

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosaaber View Post
you can start the claim with paypal "item not as described" unless there is a "wrong item" option. Escalate to a dispute as soon as you can. Sending the wrong item? can be understandable, not communicating once the error has been found? not acceptable.

if he decides to work with you and make it right you can cancel the claim AFTER everything is in order. A paypal claim should get his attention very quickly.
Did this, thanks for the tip. I just chose "wrong model," I figured that's close enough. It seemed to fit the best out of the available options.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:10 AM #7
hobbes01721

I should have posted this in the thread, but I asked for advice on when to escalate to a claim instead of just a dispute. This is the reply I received from aerosaaber:

"
For the escalation, if you STILL haven't heard, I would say escalate now. (usually in the theft forum we tell people to escalate as soon as possible since they're usually dealing with (most likely) a scammer.

If you escalate and *magically* he reappears, don't close the dispute until you have what you want (either pants or $) because once you close it, it's closed for good.

You will probably need to pay return shipping (sucks) but that's how paypal usually does it."

I hope it helps someone else. I didn't want to leave negative feedback, but since I'll probably be stuck with the return shipping (if paypal rules in my favor), I can't really think of a reason not to.