PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-09-2012, 03:28 PM #1
Cdn_Cuda
Balls to You!

Cdn_Cuda owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Sports Injuries - What's your worst/strangest?

Curious as to what injuries people have suffered in sports. I've been fairly fortunately but curious as to others experiences:

Worst: Got my bell rung so bad in rugby that my blue jersey looked wavy green.

Strangest: Took as slapshot to the hand, which ended up hitting me right in the wedding band and bending it. Hurt like a SOB and now need to get the ring fix.

What's yours?
Cdn_Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2012, 03:42 PM #2
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
I have strained my quad and sprained my ankle in football. I played basketball with a fractured thumb once. That hurt.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM #3
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Got a concussion once and for the rest of the 90 saw 3 balls instead of 1.

Also the weirdest injury I had was avascular necrosis, which has caused me to have 2 surgeries.

51st Orca Street Hustlers

Last edited by SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA : 07-09-2012 at 07:00 PM.
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:31 PM #4
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
My worst was a torn rotator cuff because im still dealing with it like 10 years later.

the strangest was a broken leg. i broke it in the first quarter of a football game and thought it was just a stinger and played the rest of the game. later after i got home my leg swelled like crazy so i went to the ER and it was completely broken. The doctor said the reason i could keep playing was because the break didnt separate, or if it did separate, it went strait back into place.

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:52 PM #5
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fractured my wrist the first play of a flag football game and like a meathead played the entire game. If we won went to the superbowl, so I wasnt coming out. We ended up losing in OT though.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:47 PM #6
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

Was skating backwards playing defense in my hockey game and the kid wound up for a slapshot and I stopped and my knee pad slid off to the side a little bit and I took the slapshot directly to the knee. Was on crutches for a week after that.

Skillz
jogabonito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:51 PM #7
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
****ed up my knee after colliding knee-side of my knee with a guy in pickup football. Finished the game limping and couldn't walk right for about a month. Also twerked the **** out of my ankle playing baseball when I came down on the first baseman's ankle running out an infield hit.

Last edited by madgoat : 07-09-2012 at 11:57 PM.
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:16 PM #8
dyepntmaster

dyepntmaster plays in the PSP
dyepntmaster helped look for balloons
dyepntmaster plays in the APPA D5 division
I lost a couple teeth when i took a puck to the mouth, that wasnt even really that bad...quite expensive though.

I'd say my most painful was when i broke my foot in the same spot the second time.
dyepntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:24 PM #9
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Worst: playing indoor football I snapped my left wrist.

Strangest: I guess it would be "strange" since most people don't realize things can get dicey in the beginning of an XC race, got slashed by someone else's running spikes maybe 100 yards in. Aside from that I don't really have any strange injuries, I typically hurt myself in the ways one would expect to get hurt.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 PM #10
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

worst: probably my minor tear in my peck. did it in 07 lifting and continued to lift through it for a few months till i could not even dress myself i was in so much pain. did not need surgery thankfully, although it still bothers me to this day.

my strangest was crushing my hand, destroying a knuckle and detaching a tendon. the tendon would roll around in my hand for about a year after that mainly because i sawed the cast off in my basement so i could throw my senior track season.

strangest ever: teammate dislocated his knee on the field, they had to repop it back into place or he would have lost his leg due to lack of blood flow. you could hear the pop on the sidelines and then the worst screams i have ever heard. he ended up tearing just about everything in his knee and he could never play football again after it.

also saw a guy's quad tear and roll up into his leg at a power lifting meet. that was nasty as all hell to see

Last edited by imhungry : 07-09-2012 at 11:53 PM.
imhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 PM #11
Vit Beeyer (Banned)

i got tackled in a pickup game of football (was 13 tops, likely 12), snapped back my head into the ground producing a mild concussion. As I was on the ground, after the defender rolled off me, this fat kid tripped back hard and basically sat down on me with quite a bit of force. Bruised my lung. Now that ****ing hurt.
Vit Beeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:51 PM #12
Woodsballerpcb

Tore the meniscus in my left knee on a trampoline. Ruined my football season that year.
Also broke both of my legs at the same time on some sod lines and the pegs on my first dirtbike. That one sucked hard.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:27 PM #13
Get bunkered (Banned)
PB is a way of life

Get bunkered is playing at Living Legends V
Get bunkered supports Team VICIOUS
Get bunkered has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Get bunkered is attending Decay of Nations VI
Worst shattered my heel stomping a pumpkin

Strangest tore my ACL jumping over the snake bunker :/
Get bunkered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:06 PM #14
dyepntmaster

dyepntmaster plays in the PSP
dyepntmaster helped look for balloons
dyepntmaster plays in the APPA D5 division
Strangest ive ever seen, my sophmore year, my teamate somehow stepped on the back of some kids Achilles tendon with his skate, completely severed it and another tendon in his leg like 75%. Kid needed major reconstructive surgery and couldnt walk for close to a year
dyepntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:28 PM #15
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
I was on an inner tube last year. There were two tubes behind some crazy man driving. We hit some huge waves and I was bumped in between the two tubes kind of. As soon as I went to pull myself back up my knee caught the water and twisted it. I stayed on it the rest of the afternoon so it wasn't that bad, just hurt a little. Drove back home for 2 hours and it had locked up. Couldn't sleep/walk right for a few weeks.

Still bothers me today. It doesn't hurt but I can twist my knee a lot more than the other knee now. It's weird.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:05 PM #16
weso98
FTB

Worst: Shattered elbow mountain biking at age 13. My elbows were the type that over extend past 180 degrees so when I feel over and put my arm out my elbow simply shattered. I passed out immediately and a woke with my mountain bike on top of me. I managed to walk home pushing my bike and my dad drove me to the emergency room. I had two pins stuck through my elbow for about two months. I can no longer straighten my right arm due to the injury. It looks extremely messed up and it's great for freaking people out. I also get tons of weird looks at the gym.

Strangest: dislocated my hip while making a pad save in hockey It's extremely painful. Don't do it.

CanucksBandwagoner
weso98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:28 PM #17
Pure Liquid Hell
RODGER READER

do to all my years of skateboarding my ankles no longer work right, so when I roll them slightly they swell up and I can't walk for 3 days. I think it might be bone spurs or something if that nature.

Support Uprising nation
Pure Liquid Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:31 PM #18
LCWRM1K3
Larson

LCWRM1K3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Last game of my senior year of football before the game was messing around with my buddy wound up breaking my hand played the whole game ended up having 2 catches for 20 yards and a touchdown
2014 GPL EVENT #1 1st Place
2014 EPL EVENT #1 1st Place
2014 GPL EVENT#2 3rd Place
2014 GPL EVENT #4 2nd Place

GI SPORTZ
PLANET ECLIPSE
LVP

Luxe Oled, Geo 3.1,Geo 3----50/50 Proline Trunk & Tan Flying Skulls----Avalanche & Lift Jerseys, Hk Longsleve
---2 Zebra Grillz
LCWRM1K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 AM #19
Ulfric Stormcloak
Such son. Very Skyrim.

I pulled my groin once in lacrosse. That's about it.
Ulfric Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:48 PM #20
bnctaj

Got armbar'd in combatives, tapped, kid didn't feel it, arm sounded like fire crackling when you throw on a fresh bit of kindling.

My bench and pull ups still haven't recovered.
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:05 PM #21
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

played 10 years of Rugby from about 13 till i was 22/23, multiple seasons within a single year

my back is still ****ed to this day
Alex Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote