PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:31 PM #1
kylefield895

ANSGear = Horrible Customer Service

I recently purchased a Dangerous Power G4 marker from ANSGear. I guess the first mistake was my own for purchasing this marker after reading some reviews stating that the marker does tend to have issues out of the box. Well since receiving the marker 3 weeks ago, i have taken it out to play 3 different times and have yet to get a full case of paint through it. First there was an issue with the solenoid so i had to take that apart wipe the lube off and relube it, then i had 4 orings in the ASA break within about 5 games, finally, the solenoid popped open leaving the cap bouncing around inside the body and the spring hanging out of the opening for the trigger. At this point I have had enough of dealing with the garbage product that Dangerous Powers manufactures so i decided to contact ANSGear to see what they can do to help out their customer (myself). I was told that there was nothing that they could or would do. they told me that their return policy states that they will not accept returns if the product has been used/gased up. In my opinion, this is a BS policy that allows them to avoid accountability. I dont know if the marker is a lemon or if all DP products are garbage, but ANSGear refused to do anything to help or work with me. All they would say is that i need to contact DP and work it out with them. ANSGear acts as if they are concerned with customer service, but when it comes down to it they really dont care at all. If i purchases a car, i would not expect to have to put new tires on it and change the oil before taking it for a ride, but that is exactly what DP and ANSGear are expecting me to do. Both companies have horrible customer service. I am now stuck with the G4 but will not purchase anything directly from either company again. If i can purchase replacement parts for the G4 from any other company other than DP i would be happy. I hope nobody else has this awful experience with these companies...They are the Bernie Madoff of Paintball.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2012, 09:14 PM #2
Team Misfit
Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
Ans has always been friendly and had amazing coustomer service!
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Old 07-09-2012, 09:25 PM #3
shankmcgank
Squeezin' trigs

shankmcgank is playing at Living Legends V
shankmcgank owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
shankmcgank owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
shankmcgank supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Misfit View Post
Ans has always been friendly and had amazing coustomer service!
Do a search of these forums, and you'll find quite the opposite...

! Beginner's Checklist !

Planet Eclipse Etek 3 AM - Cure 3+
Stiffi Shaft Kit
Dye Rotor - Virtue Soft Cycle
Guerrilla Air Carbon Fiber 68/4500
Old 07-10-2012, 12:45 AM #4
lunatic209

Lol sucks to be you then.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 AM #5
pynis
Reagan owns my soul

has been a member for 10 years
pynis plays in the APPA D5 division
pynis is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
pynis is Boss
did u create this account just to flame ANS? no paintball company i have dealt with offers a refund on a used product or deals as a middle man for a manufacturer warranty. call DP and work with them. next time make sure you know what you are buying before you buy it

"Originally posted by a_nxiety: screw ego's, everyone in the world shoots one. might as well sell them at hollister next to the pre-stained white hoodies and the jeans where knee's cost extra."
Old 07-10-2012, 01:28 AM #6
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
you can return an unused product to the seller (usually)
expecting them to take it back and then send it in for warranty work so they can then maybe get it back and sell it for a loss?

Deal with the manufacturer directly, it's what a warranty card is for.

[/thread]
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:09 AM #7
808_PB

808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
808_PB is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosaaber View Post
you can return an unused product to the seller (usually)
expecting them to take it back and then send it in for warranty work so they can then maybe get it back and sell it for a loss?

Deal with the manufacturer directly, it's what a warranty card is for.

[/thread]
Yeah, this. ANS can't really do anything unless you have some sort of unboxing video of you gasing is up or something like that. They are not the manufacturer of the item so they can't do too much about this. Try contacting DP and talk it out with them. GL
Old 07-10-2012, 02:25 AM #8
MillerLite619
Snake Attack

MillerLite619 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
MillerLite619 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MillerLite619 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MillerLite619 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ans is a dealer, not a manufacturer. If a gun messes up... It's a manufacturer problem. You can ONLY work it out with DP. Ans has done nothing wrong and are not any form responsible. They even give you a piece of paper saying to call the manufacturer, not them, with every company on Ans, on that sheet. Some guns come with limited warranties and once again... Those warranties are through the manufacturer... Hope this clears things up!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:46 AM #9
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
To play Devils Advocate here, ANY company in the business of selling (especially on such a large basis,as does ANS) worth their salt would back a product they sell, manufacturer or not.

Most retailers,online or other would be all about customer service..
The seller deals with the manufacturer directly in most if not all cases.. You return to the seller,seller deals with manufacturer.
in example.. walk into wallmart and buy a flat screen tv.. take it home and hold a big *** magnet over the screen until it screws up the color (only take a few minutes,if magnet is strong enough will make permanent rainbow colored area) take it back to walmart.. tell csr you plugged it in and the screen is all jacked up..They will not tell ya oh well we wont deal with you call XXXX instead...you get your money back or a new tv..*walmart was just the first major retailer I thought of) best buy does it, just about any store does it.. they dont tell you that your sol.

they try to work with you one way or another..

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
Old 07-10-2012, 04:04 AM #10
sweetd330

Annual Supporting Member
sweetd330 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sweetd330 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sweetd330 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
sweetd330 supports Pev's Paintball
sweetd330 is Legendary
sweetd330 supports DLX Technology
sweetd330 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
They're a distributor not repair men.
Go buy a marker at your local field or shop then 3 weeks later take it in and say its not working. Bet they tell you the exact same thing or get you to pay them to fix it.
You had it for 3 weeks, how would they know you maintained it properly or even took care of it? Like everyone said that's what the manufacture warranty is there for, send it to dp and have them fix it for free rather than ranting about a seller that sold you the gun you ordered
And retail stores like Walmart are leineint but still have a return period, but for tvs and other returnable products they're simply plug in and it works or doesn't types of deals. And they get credit for returning defective products anyways.
With paintball markers there's factors that aren't so simple, did they use the right air, did they use the right output pressure, did they lube it before playing, we're they using a quality paint?

I've had worse experiences ordering from HK Army and Paintball Gateway than Ansgear
United Fire Company 3

Last edited by sweetd330 : 07-10-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:55 AM #11
VFT_GUNNER
THUGLIFE PAINTBALL

VFT_GUNNER owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VFT_GUNNER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
VFT_GUNNER is attending Decay of Nations VII
VFT_GUNNER supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylefield895 View Post
I recently purchased a Dangerous Power G4 marker from ANSGear. I guess the first mistake was my own for purchasing this marker after reading some reviews stating that the marker does tend to have issues out of the box. Well since receiving the marker 3 weeks ago, i have taken it out to play 3 different times and have yet to get a full case of paint through it. First there was an issue with the solenoid so i had to take that apart wipe the lube off and relube it, then i had 4 orings in the ASA break within about 5 games, finally, the solenoid popped open leaving the cap bouncing around inside the body and the spring hanging out of the opening for the trigger. At this point I have had enough of dealing with the garbage product that Dangerous Powers manufactures so i decided to contact ANSGear to see what they can do to help out their customer (myself). I was told that there was nothing that they could or would do. they told me that their return policy states that they will not accept returns if the product has been used/gased up. In my opinion, this is a BS policy that allows them to avoid accountability. I dont know if the marker is a lemon or if all DP products are garbage, but ANSGear refused to do anything to help or work with me. All they would say is that i need to contact DP and work it out with them. ANSGear acts as if they are concerned with customer service, but when it comes down to it they really dont care at all. If i purchases a car, i would not expect to have to put new tires on it and change the oil before taking it for a ride, but that is exactly what DP and ANSGear are expecting me to do. Both companies have horrible customer service. I am now stuck with the G4 but will not purchase anything directly from either company again. If i can purchase replacement parts for the G4 from any other company other than DP i would be happy. I hope nobody else has this awful experience with these companies...They are the Bernie Madoff of Paintball.
You must have the worst luck i don't think anyone in the Dangerous Power forum has had that many issues with there markers let alone the solenoid just burst into pieces. Also buy you taking the marker apart you my friend have voided all your warranty's threw the manufacture. But if you fill you need to bash company's for not helping you start with the user theres a manual you should have read an a forum that says how to fix out of box problems before you just took everything apart.
Also if you do decide to send it to manufacture good luck they will know you took that solenoid apart an that right there canceled all warranties threw manufacture.
"HK isn't just a team. It's not just a club. It's a life style. It's all about doin' whatever you can just to ball on Sunday with all the guys. It's about havin' a good time, and being orginal. It's about being part of the family.
It's about being a Hostile Kid."
(\_/)
(o.o)
(> <)
copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination

Last edited by VFT_GUNNER : 07-10-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 AM #12
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is BST Legit
 plays in the NXL
John donated to help Peyton Trent
You should have bought from a local store.

Honestly, if you want a company to repair your marker, you should buy locally. You can't expect an internet site to do repairs. It isn't their fault if a product was poorly made. They did their part. They got you the gun you wanted at a cheap price.

But since you didn't buy locally, call the manufacturer and get them to repair it direct. Why would you want to force a company who obviously doesn't specialize in repairs to repair your gun anyway?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:15 AM #13
hardpainball
Easy & Painless

hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
I think OP is expecting the retailer to back the product they sell. Often in other types of products the retailer has a special arrangement with the manufacturers to take back the products that had been refunded because of defect, and the manufacturer simply replace it with a new ones. This is much less common in online trades in general, and especially so in paintball business, because the profit margins are much thinner. Consumers just don't realize that it takes a certain amount of profit to be able to offer the service and "satisfaction guarantees", because nothing is free. There's a cost to everything, and someone has to pay for it. If OP wants a better service then he needs to pay the higher price at a brick and mortar retailer.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:02 PM #14
pynis
Reagan owns my soul

pynis plays in the APPA D5 division
pynis is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
pynis is Boss
this thread is ridiculous. the OP joined yesterday and has 2 posts, both of which bash ANS. the account was created just to hate on ANS. nothing more. i bet the OP wont even be back to either of the threads he/she posted in.

"Originally posted by a_nxiety: screw ego's, everyone in the world shoots one. might as well sell them at hollister next to the pre-stained white hoodies and the jeans where knee's cost extra."
Old 07-10-2012, 01:10 PM #15
jmorisaki
B/S/T MOD

Annual Supporting Member
jmorisaki is a Mega Moderator
jmorisaki is BST Legit
jmorisaki supports Team VICIOUS
Thread closed. I understand the frustration but look at their terms of service. This is similar to the other online sites. They pump out sales and are not in the business to repair products that are faulty or due to user error.
Closed Thread