Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 PM #1
Dpbailey

Maddman Spring Kit Questions

So I have a SM-1 Pump gun and as I was tech-ing it the other day I thought of making the pump stroke more smooth. I thought of getting a spring kit but I had some questions.

What are the benefits of the spring kit?
Besides smoothening the pump stroke what else would the spring kit do for my gun?
Will I still be able to chrono 290ish with a softer (idk the word for it...maybe less tense?...idk) spring setup?
I know putting stiffer springs in would make the pump stroke harder but are there benefits?
Is the Madman Spring Kit worth it?

Please Help.
Thanks!
Dpbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 AM #2
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpbailey View Post
So I have a SM-1 Pump gun and as I was tech-ing it the other day I thought of making the pump stroke more smooth. I thought of getting a spring kit but I had some questions.

What are the benefits of the spring kit?
Besides smoothening the pump stroke what else would the spring kit do for my gun?
Will I still be able to chrono 290ish with a softer (idk the word for it...maybe less tense?...idk) spring setup?
I know putting stiffer springs in would make the pump stroke harder but are there benefits?
Is the Madman Spring Kit worth it?

Please Help.
Thanks!
Smoother usually means less efficient. Not always, but most of the time.

It could make the marker smoother, more or less efficient, sound signature different. Pretty much everything about how your pump gun shoots.

Depends on your reg pressure, and valve spring tension. Most guns like anywhere from 300-350. If it is a mini'd sniper, they tend to like 400 ish pressures.

Yes, it will make it more efficient if you do it correctly.

Yes, it is like 14 bucks with shipping and makes a world of difference.

Last edited by Zepulkinator : 07-10-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:38 AM #3
Dpbailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepulkinator View Post
Smoother usually means less efficient. Not always, but most of the time.

It could make the marker smoother, more or less efficient, sound signature different. Pretty much everything about how your pump gun shoots.

Depends on your reg pressure, and valve spring tension. Most guns like anywhere from 300-350. If it is a mini'd sniper, they tend to like 400 ish pressures.

Yes, it will make it more efficient if you do it correctly.

Yes, it is like 14 bucks with shipping and makes a world of difference.
Thanks for the help!

I ordered the spring kit (and I had to get a stupid valve tool that was more then the kit and shipping combined >:/) I should get it before the weekend and I'm hoping to put the lightest springs possible in there. I am not too worried about efficiency because I play with a 50/45 and I can sometimes last the entire day on one fill.
Dpbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 AM #4
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpbailey View Post
Thanks for the help!

I ordered the spring kit (and I had to get a stupid valve tool that was more then the kit and shipping combined >:/) I should get it before the weekend and I'm hoping to put the lightest springs possible in there. I am not too worried about efficiency because I play with a 50/45 and I can sometimes last the entire day on one fill.
I've had good luck with the green valve, green main combine. If you wanna make it more efficient, you could probably use a blue valve spring instead of green.

Yeah, just don't lose the valve tool and consider it an investment haha.