Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-24-2012, 10:50 PM #1
tazmoz
Se3 M3 n0 mOr3

tazmoz plays in the APPA D5 division
Talking Azodin - Kaos setup!

Hey Guys!

I was thinking with the below setup how would it be?

Gun: Azodin - Kaos
Loader: Dye Rotor
Barrel: 14" Invert Whisper 1 piece barrel
HPA Tank: 68/4500 Ninja Pro Carbon Fiber Air Tank

for those with the above setup please feedback and comment as well!
*(all ideas/comment/feedback is Welcome!)

Thanks!
tazmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:02 PM #2
Jerichoo
FresherThanFebreeze

Jerichoo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jerichoo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jerichoo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Everything sounds good. A rotor is a little expensive just for a Kaos however. A halo b would do just fine for about a third of the price.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 PM #3
tazmoz
Se3 M3 n0 mOr3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichoo View Post
Everything sounds good. A rotor is a little expensive just for a Kaos however. A halo b would do just fine for about a third of the price.
I tried with this setup. but the pellets dont really go far! is it because of the barrel?
Old 06-26-2012, 12:19 AM #4
inphu510n
OK Company

Uh. I...
Hoppers/loaders have almost nothing to do with how far a paintball will travel. Their effect on paintball flight dynamics is immeasurably tiny.

A rotor is absolute overkill unless you plan on upgrading to an electro.
I mean, it's not a bad idea because you can use the rotor with whatever marker you buy in the future but at this point, for a Kaos it's wasting money.
I bought a nearly unused Halo Too on eBay for $50 shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoz View Post
I tried with this setup. but the pellets dont really go far! is it because of the barrel?
inphu510n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 AM #5
Jerichoo
FresherThanFebreeze

Jerichoo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jerichoo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jerichoo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoz View Post
The barrel could increase the range of your paint, also could be do to your velocity, do you know how many bps you're getting?
Old 06-26-2012, 02:47 AM #6
tazmoz
Se3 M3 n0 mOr3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichoo View Post
The barrel could increase the range of your paint, also could be do to your velocity, do you know how many bps you're getting?
I didnt check the BPS out! other than velocity what would matter the travel of the paintball (other than the wind)

* Sorry i still a new player so learning everything i can from all of you!
Thank you!
Old 06-26-2012, 05:12 AM #7
inphu510n
OK Company

Ah ok. A bunch of factors will affect the travel of your paintballs. Not the least of which is the quality of the paintballs themselves.
Read at least the first page of this thread http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=74599
There is a ton of good information stickied on the forums here.
inphu510n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:22 AM #8
tazmoz
Se3 M3 n0 mOr3

Quote:
Originally Posted by inphu510n View Post
Ah ok. A bunch of factors will affect the travel of your paintballs. Not the least of which is the quality of the paintballs themselves.
Read at least the first page of this thread http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=74599
There is a ton of good information stickied on the forums here.
Thank you! for the sharing! it was an awesome thread! =D
Old 06-26-2012, 02:46 PM #9
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno is playing at Living Legends V
YeloSno is playing at Living Legends VI
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is attending Decay of Nations VI
Just some things:

you don't need an electronic loader unless you have an electronic marker and plan to shoot fairly rapidly more often than not.

Also, the accuracy and range is mainly dependent on 2 things.

1. the paint. ****ty paint garners ****ty results. Lumpy or watery paint will cause it to fly randomly or give you crappy consistency and range.

2. barrel. Not what you think. If you know abotu real guns, you still don't know how barrels work in paintball.

Optimal control (back) length of a barrel is between 7 and 8 inches. Why? it's not too short to the point where you lose efficiency and range, but not too long to the point where it may break the paintball from too much friction or cause you to raise your pressure.

What more?

The bore itself. As you know, not all paintballs are and were .689 bore even though that's the typical idea amongst many beginner players.

For this, it depends on where you live as that what the better suggestion for a bore may be, but the bore should be within .004 of your normal paintball.

Over here, I tend to use barrels between .684 and .678, because that's usually what kind of paint is available here.

Typically I run a .680 because that's usually the middle ground as to what I get to shoot through it.

For a more global situation, something between a .684-.685 would be best in my opinion.

And finally, overall barrel length counts. It's nice to have a tip (which 99% of the time is just a straight .700 bore) that keeps your barrel at an overall length of something between 12" and 16". Anything more compromises your efficiency and range at the same pressure used. Anything less does just about the same thing.

For this, I suggest do this to your setup:

Azodin Kaos

Invert Reloader/Reloader2 (not Empire)

Lurker Paintball's Eigenbarrel in .684 flavor.

Guerrilla or Ninja Paintball 62/3000 psi system (try to buy new or get a newer one, but used. The more recent models come with the same high performance and adjustable regulators as the carbon fiber systems. Making them ageless. AND they're lighter than "steely" tanks.)

When you get the tank, set the output to "medium pressure" or whatever is no lower than 500psi and no higher than 600psi, if possible.

Getting the optimal output from your tank means that you get the best consistency and air efficiency out of your gun as well as the smoothest/quietest shot on unregulated markers like tippmanns or the typical low end shooter.

best of luck with the gear and enjoy

EDIT: OH! TOTALLY FORGOT!

Get a pod pack. It'll save you. trust me.

An Empire React 4+7 (or was it 4+6) will last you forever and costs about $25 on ANSgear, Compulsive, paintballdelivery, or any other reputable retailer of fine paintball products.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"

Last edited by YeloSno : 06-26-2012 at 02:49 PM.
YeloSno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:00 PM #10
kudos

has been a member for 10 years
how long have you been playing paintball? you might be inclined to upgrade to another gun if you have been playing for a long time. if not than i would recommend playing with your Kaos for a year or so to build up your game. in terms of gear:

1. Kaos

2. A decent barrel that you could use with your next gun. try the Lurker Paintball's Eigenbarrel. It's cheap so even if you dont like it you didnt spend a whole lot of money. nice barrel

3. Get a used electric loader like the other guys said. Try from a seller on Pbnation with good feedback. Dont get the Rotor, save that money towards paint you'll be using or in an envelope marked "next gun puchase". You wont be able to shoot the Kaos as fast as the Rotor.

4. Do get a nice tank because that's something you can use years down the road. No need for the Ninja Pro. The only difference between Pro and regular version is the ability to rotate and place your fill/gauge position. Get the regular Ninja 68/4500

5. Last but important is to get a good inline regulator. I believe the Kaos comes stock only with a gas through grip. My field uses Kaos for rentals. I've played with them. Velocity is not consistent. 260/299/275/255 you get the picture. An inline regular replaces your gas through grip and it will give you better consistency hence better accuracy because your shots are not flying short/off target.
Ninja 68/4500
kudos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:58 PM #11
woopy26

woopy26 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
great combo i use a vlocity jr. and the stock barrel so u should be perfect
woopy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM #12
Gorammit

Gorammit has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree on the rotor. I just purchased one for an Empire Axe I also just got. For a kaos, it's overkill. I also agree on the barrel boring, I am using a freak kit on my Kaos pump, and it has greatly impacted my consistancy and efficiency. I shoot marbs, and use my .684 back typically for a good match.
Gorammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 PM #13
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Like others are saying, save money on the loader. You could probably find a used V2 Prophecy for fairly cheap here and get a nice barrel or barrel kit. A Freak Kit would be nice :3
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:05 PM #14
blindsk8er1013

any recommendation on upgrading barrel?
blindsk8er1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:14 PM #15
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

Freak barrel kits are very nice. They give you the option of using inserts, each insert having a different bore. That way if you find that you are breaking paint with one bore size, you can try another until you find the one that works the best. The biggest downside to this barrel kit is that it is expensive. It wouldn't hurt to look in the B/S/T section for that one.

CP barrels are also cheap and work well for the money. I was using one as my main for awhile and it worked without question.

If you use smaller bore paint, I would check out the Lurker Eigenbarrel. The largest bore size they have is .684, but I love mine.

The Dye UL is also a fantastic barrel (same barrel that Dye puts on their higher end markers), but is a bit pricey. BUT, so is just about everything that Dye makes.

The Planet Eclipse Shaft 4 is the same barrel that they use on all of their most recent markers and it really is a fantastic barrel. You can also get a barrel kit upgrade for it, which gives you 2 more backs with different bore sizes, but again, it is on the pricey side, especially if you have the Boost Kit.

All of these barrels will do what you want them to do, it is just that some are nicer quality and won't break as much paint, if any at all. In terms of performance and options, I would put it in this order.

Freak > Shaft 4 with Boost Kit > Dye UL > Eigenbarrel > CP

In terms of price, I would put it in this order

CP > Eigenbarrel > Dye UL > Freak > Shaft 4 with Boost Kit
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 PM #16
blindsk8er1013

Wow thanks for the info! Do u know what's the standard bore size of the kaos?
blindsk8er1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:51 PM #17
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindsk8er1013 View Post
Wow thanks for the info! Do u know what's the standard bore size of the kaos?
I would assume that the Kaos and the Blitz come with the same stock barrel, but I'm not sure. I know the Blitz stock barrel comes with a .689 bore.