Originally Posted by phillysteve
1. No local detectives are going through all of that to prove this kid was scamming people. They have other more important cases to worry about. With amounts of money this small they will simply tell you to take it up with small claims court and prove your case that way.
2. Again this does not prove anything. No detective is going to say OH OKAY YOU HAS PACKING SLIP? LET ME GO ARREST HIM!
3. You would need to contact a district attorney to get working on pressing charges against him for fraud... they typically won't even waste their time until there is a pattern with a lot of evidence since there typically covering 100s of cases at the same time and are backlogged quiet a bit.
A lot of what you said is miss information. No police are going to help you here. They will simply fill out a police report with your statements and if they have anything to go on they may look at it and put it in their report. You can get a copy of it and use it in your claim against him. You're looking at months to get anything back at best.
You can look at countless threads of the same thing. Typically the pressure of public humiliation is the only thing that gets your items back. When parents get called, friends get called, girlfriends get called, or employment gets called is when things get returned.
The police rarely ever help against scammers.
1. Apparently this guy is Gary Parrot who has taken up quite a bit of their time already and has scammed thousands of dollars of gear from people. He's also scammed people on other forums. How do you know what a "more important case to worry about" is ? Have you contacted the detectives and been told this personally ? If you haven't, then don't post nonsense, because it's not a small amount of money, and there are multiple victims.
2. Maybe not from one person. When you have multiple people who have been scammed, for thousands of dollars, with shipping proof to the same address - this is information that the police will want. The more scamming and thievery that is linked to this address, the more likely that the police will in fact say: "OH OKAY YOU HAS PACKING SLIP? LET ME GO ARREST HIM!"
3. There is a pattern, a very consistent and long term pattern of scamming multiple people for thousands of dollars in gear from this website, and others. How do you know what cases they will accept and how backlogged they are ? Do you work for the D.A.'s office in that area ?
4. Nothing I have said is misinformation, however, you can't say the same unfortunately. The police will
help, telling people they won't is the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted in these forums, congrats on that. Go do some research and read through resolved threads where the police arrested a scammer, and retrieved the stolen property. Then come back in here and talk your "the police won't help you" nonsense. There is a lot of proof which completely contradicts the nonsense you're spewing, and it's in this very forum at this very website.
By your amazingly failure logic, police should never be contacted because they "won't help" and they "won't do anything", which is a bunch of horse****. You're just as bad as the other kid I tore a strip off. Like I said to him, if you are going to come in here spouting off nonsense, when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, GTFO of the thread and stop posting your misinformation and stupidity.