PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 PM #1
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

If you know stuff bout running a field i have a few questions,

Hey so i just started working at a paintball field, Its only been up for a few years now, They have 2 fields and are working on adding more. That being said, they are running c02 with the classic 98, Heres my questions so i can answer for the owner when they ask my opinion and where to find the things they want.
1)What are the benifits of switching to compressed air from a field owners perspective?
2)How much does a compressed air system cost from low end to top of the line and where do you get them,
3) Do i need a fill station or can i just tie 3 tanks together and use a serries of valves?
4) How much does an airball setup cost, and where can you buy them, new or used?
5) where would i find a large amount of air tanks for rental, do some places offer packages or bulk orders?

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:51 PM #2
CrusaderPB
Field, Pro Shop & Repairs

Annual Supporting Member
CrusaderPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CrusaderPB supports Bob Gurnsey
CrusaderPB supports our troops
CrusaderPB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
Hey so i just started working at a paintball field, Its only been up for a few years now, They have 2 fields and are working on adding more. That being said, they are running c02 with the classic 98, Heres my questions so i can answer for the owner when they ask my opinion and where to find the things they want.
1)What are the benifits of switching to compressed air from a field owners perspective?
2)How much does a compressed air system cost from low end to top of the line and where do you get them,
3) Do i need a fill station or can i just tie 3 tanks together and use a serries of valves?
4) How much does an airball setup cost, and where can you buy them, new or used?
5) where would i find a large amount of air tanks for rental, do some places offer packages or bulk orders?
1) Compressed air tanks are, in my opinion, more stable and consistent. They are also easier on the internals of the parts, requiring less maintenance. A 47/3k aluminum tank is about the same amount of shots per fill as a 20oz. The tanks themselves will also last longer. The cost per fill using a compressor with compressed air tank is lower per tank, so you net more profit vs CO2. The CO2 filling cycle also 'wastes' more air than compressed air, and you cannot produce it (therefore you need more supply chain management, which will bite into profitability of CO2 if you use cost accounting methods).

2) I'm confused by what you mean by compressed air system... I assume you mean compressor? Between $10,000 and $35,000 for the units I've seen. Shipping is usually a big cost here, keep that in mind.

3) You need both.. a fill station will regulate the filling pressure, the bulk tanks are either setup in a single tank setup, multi-tank setups (which act like a bigger single setup), and cascaded. You connect your air supply (the bulk tanks) to the fill station, and use the fill station to fill paintball tanks.

4) The air ball bunkers themselves are relatively cheap - between $5k and $8k plus shipping for the brand new ones. You can buy them cheaper by buying used or off tournament producers. The grounds keeping, maintenance / upkeep, that is the expensive part.

5) Air tanks as in the bulk tanks? Or the 47/3k paintball tanks for use on guns? I don't know of a place that rents the paintball tanks, but bulk tanks you should contact an air supply company near you.

Hope I helped
Now a Planet Eclipse Service Center

Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Subscribe to our Thread!
CrusaderPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:41 PM #3
paintballer187
187PB.COM

Annual Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a Moderator
paintballer187 is a Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer187 is BST Legit
paintballer187 works for a Paintball manufacturer
2) I found a used bauer that fit our needs for $3500ish.
4) I picked up a used once PSP field from an event. I believe it was 5K. Add another 2k for leveling the ground and putting up poles. Evaluate the market for an airball field. This was the single worst decision for our field. In hind sight it would have been much better to build a better scenario field.
5) Call ninja and get their rental tanks, if you're a field you're going to get wholesale price.
paintballer187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:45 PM #4
ih8ipods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderPB View Post
1)

2) I'm confused by what you mean by compressed air system... I assume you mean compressor? Between $10,000 and $35,000 for the units I've seen. Shipping is usually a big cost here, keep that in mind.

3) You need both.. a fill station will regulate the filling pressure, the bulk tanks are either setup in a single tank setup, multi-tank setups (which act like a bigger single setup), and cascaded. You connect your air supply (the bulk tanks) to the fill station, and use the fill station to fill paintball tanks.

Hope I helped
i by these i meant do i need a compressor and bulk tanks to run a fill station like the ones where you just pull the lever and the tank gets filled or or can i just use a fill station and get the bulk tanks filled by like a local welding supply company or something. and how many fills could you get off your average say 3 bulk tank system before having to refill them?

and what i meant by the serries of valves one field i was at had 3 tanks tied together with valves on each one to a regulator, and out to a tank or something like that.

as for the airball field theres like maybe 5 real speedballlers in the area so it would be mostly be alot of rec players with a5s and rentals.

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
Old 05-31-2012, 04:32 PM #5
paintballer187
187PB.COM

Annual Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a Moderator
paintballer187 is a Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer187 is BST Legit
paintballer187 works for a Paintball manufacturer
I initially got 4200 PSI tanks from a welding shop, it's not worth it in the long run.

If you have 5 speedball players don't even think about getting an airball field. It's not worth the startup cost and maintenance.
paintballer187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:02 AM #6
reflexmidgley

the best air compressor is the bauer we had a small one for 10 years rebuilt the air side one time and for as small as you are talking just ask bauer for there one or two tank system with set up including air yanks and lines go through august industries out of dallas tx for your regulator uor if you can get one from ebay with gauges and working for lessw then 150 great deal buy a push button fill station think about how much time you waste off the field filling co2 for your customers you want them on the field shooting p[aint they dont pay your bills with just entry and concentrate on your rec players give me a call I will help you with anything and questions
580-353-1406
www.Thearenapaintballpark@yahoo.com
www.Thearenapaintballpark.com
reflexmidgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:37 PM #7
ih8ipods

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer187 View Post
I initially got 4200 PSI tanks from a welding shop, it's not worth it in the long run.

If you have 5 speedball players don't even think about getting an airball field. It's not worth the startup cost and maintenance.
my idea for using the bulk tanks would be just kinda a first step thing towards a full compressor setup.

and why cant rec players play on an airball field with rentals?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:58 PM #8
greenposton
We Buy PB Stuff PM US

Annual Supporting Member
greenposton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
greenposton supports Bob Gurnsey
greenposton supports our troops
Quote:
my idea for using the bulk tanks would be just kinda a first step thing towards a full compressor setup.

I don't think you read what they were saying correctly. I think they are saying 5
players isn't enough interest to justify buying a speed ball field.

~SUPER SALE OF GUNS & MORE! L@@K F/S/T[~

Dye~Planet Eclipse~Bob Long~Empire~Valken~ Authorized Dealer We Accept Trades PM US!
greenposton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:52 AM #9
xJochem
U-N-I-T-E-D

xJochem owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xJochem owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xJochem supports Team VICIOUS
xJochem supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:

There is no reason that they cannot play on the field. However you have to look at the cost of setting up this type of field which like paintballer187 said is about $7000. The rec players will play on it a little bit but it will not get the sustained use you would need to make that part profitable.
xJochem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:43 PM #10
OMAC

August Industries in Dallas, TX has been by far the most helpful and most experienced at supplying the needs for my paintball field. I bought a new Baur compressor and four 4500 psi fill tanks, 2 fill stations (1@3000psi and 1@4500psi) and all of the interconnecting hoses for my business. That is supposed to be enough for a small to medium sized paintball field. I live in Texas so I drove up there to save shipping costs. My total expense for the set-up was just under $14k. And the Baur is quiet enough that I have it inside (I have an indoor field).

We use 100% compressed air. No CO2 allowed.

You are going to find that 15% of paintballers are the competitive players that will beg you to have an airball field. The rest of your business is recreational players. Cater to your recreational. Almost all of them would rather have something like castle to castle, graveyard, hyperball, woodsball type fields. Go with the money and save yourself the expense of setting up something that only a small percentage of customers will enjoy playing on.

Robert (OMAC) Pevehouse
Indoor Tactical Sports
Houston, TX
OMAC is offline   Reply With Quote