PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-28-2012, 08:55 PM #1
ngroat70072 (Banned)
Rip '04

ngroat70072 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Lighten up

Ive noticed that the rules and infractions/bans have been getting more and more ridiculous as times goes by. I understand there are rulesset in place for a reason but my god it seems like im under communist nazi leaders sometimes.

For example people are getting infracted for saying "Shut up no need to act like an *******" when someone is being a complete dick for no reason and they are getting infracted for "insulting a memeber". Why is that infraction worthy? Just mentioning bath salts gets an infraction, quoting someone who said op is a ****** gets me banned and so on.... I get that this site appeals to younger members but its been like im in kindergarten again.

I could list things all day but the point is things are getting absolutely rediculous around here. Supposedly you guys are working so hard to get more activity and members but how the hell will that work when we are getting put in time out for saying "no need to act like an *******."

All this while in the meantime I can report an obvious bos member 20 times and nothing gets done. Why are people who are trying to do good being banned when these guys who have ****ed up severely are allowed to stay?
ngroat70072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2012, 09:08 PM #2
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
I realize that you're trying to be helpful, but you've been around long enough to realize that so much goes on around here that not everything gets caught/acted upon that should be, and that the mod staff is often stretched thin when it comes to managing real life AND PbNation.

You can't expect us to "Lighten up", and not enforce the rules, then turn right back around and complain about us not enforcing the rules. It doesn't work that way.

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:16 PM #3
ngroat70072 (Banned)
Rip '04

ngroat70072 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I understand what you mean completely. I should have spent more time wording this in a more effective way.

Basically im just saying it seems like we are getting banned and infracted over such tiny and insignificant things. Some of which are such a stretch on the rules that it looks like mods are going out of their way on infracting and banning members over next to nothing. Its really discouraging and annoying.
ngroat70072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:40 PM #4
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
I'd hedge a bet that the majority of infractions that are handed our are based on other users reporting posts they feel are inappropriate. While mods do browse, there's just not enough hours in the day to just browse everything, especially not in small talk.

Sometimes a mod chooses to take action, sometimes they do not. Either way, if an infraction is handed out there's a pretty good chance that it was because a user broke the rules "enough" to warrant someone else reporting it and a moderator taking action.

Sometimes mods screw up, but in general I think most have a pretty good idea of what flies and what doesn't. It might seem nitpicky to you, but that's the way it is. There is a bit of a grey area, and leeway is given based on moderator discretion, but it's a fine line and if was any bigger it would not bode well for the site.

It stands to reason that if you're "popular" in small talk (and probably "unpopular" elsewhere on the site), that you might be popping up on the radar of mods more often than you like if you can't stay within the confines of the rules.

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 AM #5
RyanR1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I'd hedge a bet that the majority of infractions that are handed our are based on other users reporting posts they feel are inappropriate. While mods do browse, there's just not enough hours in the day to just browse everything, especially not in small talk.
Yup, people are now using the mods to do their trolling. All you have to do is spam the report button.. and in my case, nothings being reviewed.

RyanR1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:06 PM #6
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
I already clearly told you that at no point did any reported post affect your ban.

And since you are now in a different thread trying out that same excuse on a different audience, that could be considered trolling.
John is online now   Reply With Quote