JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
Issue: Paint Blender - Piranha GTI+ Rampage

Hey PBN,

My buddy purchased a Piranha GTI+ Rampage and is having issues with the gun constantly chopping paint. He sent it in to Empire/KEE and they lubed it and said it works fine and sent it back to him. Upon return the gun continues to display the same issue…

The gun is shooting at approximately 250 FPS and we are playing indoors in temps I believe to be over 60 deg F. Paint is Diablo Heat which is the field paint at our local field.

Any Ideas? We have tried both Velocity hopper and shake and bake hopper. I believe that the issue is chopping not barrel breaks (paint all over the bolt… some of it even sprays up into the hopper.)

*would a HPR help? I have a few spares I could throw his way.

Last edited by JC001 : 02-09-2012 at 04:02 PM.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:06 PM #2
steveschmucker2005
yep, it's a piranha !

drop the fps.

PBNation Feedback

Ebay Feedback
steveschmucker2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:26 PM #3
Rockwings
Old School

Rockwings is playing at Living Legends V
Rockwings is for the Gunfight
Rockwings posts videos on PbNation
Rockwings supports Pev's Paintball
Rockwings has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveschmucker2005 View Post
drop the fps.
No. Check the detents and make sure there is nothing wrong with them. Try using different paint. The diablo could be slightly too brittle.
Rockwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 AM #4
plushdragon

has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
help

pick up a spyder spring kit and try a weaker main spring. some markers act funny if you cut the main sping down to get under the field limit. the blue main spring is for 280 fps the white pmi spring is weaker.the red will be too stiff. if it not the main spring take the hopper off and dry fire the marker with your hand over the feed neck..if there a lot of extra air going up that feed neck see if the shop has a reg you can use. turn the reg down till the marker burps then turn it up just a little bit till it stop burping.then try shooting and see if it still chops. with blowback to much air will deform and pop paint. one last things to check is to see if the body and barrel line up. on a good body and barrel line up there will be no space or dips or the barrel off centered. if there a gap or space the paintball may be hitting it and poping. the last thing to check is to see if there a burr in the feedneck/breach. if you think there a sharp edge cutting your paint take some sand papper or a dreamal and sand the sharp edge away.
edit...also check to see if the barrel your using is not to small inside and the paint poping when fired. (overbore the paint will roll out. right size paint to barrel is you can blow a ball out with your own breath like a blow gun).
Old 02-17-2012, 08:45 AM #5
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
Thanks for the input guys, I am going to pass it his way and see if it helps.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:44 PM #6
p8ntblrx

A couple thoughts.....

I've actually had one of these markers for about a year and a half....and here's a few things to consider. If your buddy is using old/paint left out in the heat/brittle paint, this marker will chop it to pieces. The gti+rampage operates at about 850 psi and therefore puts a lot of pressure on the paintball when air is discharged by the bolt. Basically, if there's anything even remotely wrong with the paint that's being used, this gun will shred it. Even if there's not anything wrong with the paint, the operating pressure of the gun is so high that breaking paint is just something he may have to learn to live with.

I've had the exact issue you describe, and this may help alleviate the problem. Unscrew the eyes from the body of the marker and remove the little black eye casings and reinstall the eyes. The black casings are meant to hold the eyes in the place, but they end up causing more trouble than anything, plus they stay in place without them. The eyes tend to recognize the casing as a paintball because they cover up most of the eye, so the marker still fires even if no paintball is in the breach, which will cause the marker to shred paint like crazy. This is more of a theory than anything, but removing the casings has allowed the marker's eyes to function properly.

Third.....if he's adjusted ANYTHING on the circuit board besides the BPS or debounce-- it will screw up the performance of the marker so bad it's practically unusable. DO NOT change the dwell. He can set the debounce to around 8-9 and be safe and the BPS to around 15. The eyes are not good enough for the marker to actually fire 25 bps, as the manufacturer claims. If he starts changing the circuit board, the marker will do crazy things on the field, including shooting 4 balls at a time, not shooting at all, shooting at 100 fps, the solenoid not activating, etc. It's a disaster. The rampage board is pretty awesome, but it's too advanced for the Piranha--don't adjust the settings as if it were an Angel or a Luxe.
p8ntblrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:23 AM #7
jeff saunders
I want a azodin blitz pm

jeff saunders owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jeff saunders has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jeff saunders has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jeff saunders supports DLX Technology
some times with the rampage the balls dont feed right with a grvity hopper try like a elctronic hopper to feed more evenly and lossen the ball detent screw
I will buy Azodin blitz also will like to get so dye UL barrels i love color and will buy electric hoppers like halos and rotors and all that alos i will buy 68/4500 tanks if you see this and have any pm me Thank You
jeff saunders is offline   Reply With Quote