Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-22-2012, 01:57 PM #1
speedballx23

Setup Help

Hey guys I am 13 pay for all my gear and my parents dont really love the idea of me getting serious about paintball since i am very skilled at other sports. I love paintballing but i only go maybe 1 every month or 2 months.

my current setup is:
tippman 98c center feed and small upgrades
halo b
48ci hpa
jt pack
jt proflex

do i need upgrades looking for reccomendations thanks
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2012, 04:14 PM #2
Neon Lime

Neon Lime owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Neon Lime owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Neon Lime has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Neon Lime has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Looks pretty good already. The mask doesn't need improvement, neither does the pack (unless you don't feel it's that great for whatever reason). The Halo can pretty much keep up with whatever you are going to be shooting. The only thing left is to get a carbon fiber 4500 tank, then a better marker.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:13 PM #3
Team Misfit
Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Lime
Looks pretty good already. The mask doesn't need improvement, neither does the pack (unless you don't feel it's that great for whatever reason). The Halo can pretty much keep up with whatever you are going to be shooting. The only thing left is to get a carbon fiber 4500 tank, then a better marker.
Pretty much what neon lime said.Your mask is good, I would upgrade tank first .. Then marker in my opinion.
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Team Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 PM #4
LzM
i r teh LzM

LzM is playing at Living Legends V
LzM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LzM supports Sherwood Forest
LzM posts videos on PbNation
LzM plays in the APPA beginner division
LzM is attending Decay of Nations VI
LzM supports DLX Technology
Yep, try to get a better marker
Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 PM #5
Team Misfit
Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
Etek 2 isn't bad .. If you have a money for the 3 wait for the 5
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Team Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:29 PM #6
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If you're going to get a better marker, make sure you have a better tank. I made the mistake of buying better and better markers, then leaving myself with a crappy tank. Get a good tank, like the Ninja 68/4500 or 48/4500. Good, reliable tank that won't let you down.
For a better marker, I'd wait until you go more often. I go about once a month right now, because I no can haz car, but once you start going a lot more and get fantastic with your 98C, then it's time to get a better gun. The best gun I own is one I built from scratch, a 2k4 Superstock body with Orry/Superbolt pneumatics, WGP Flame hinge, Outkast/WGP internals, and a Stiffi barrel. Keep in mind, I've been playing six or seven years, so although this is a nice gun, it really isn't something on par with a Luxe or an Ego or DM12. Sure, I can play against the aforementioned markers and win, but I won't be able to shoot as fast as efficiently or easily. The key here is having the skills. The reason I'm able to pull off playing with a gun that shoots a few bps slower and is a bit heavier is because I'm good at what I do! I practice quite a bit, and when I'm up against practiced people, I do just fine. People better than me usually beat me unless I can get a luckshot as they move or something like that. So, get good with your blowback mech, then get something better.

To answer what your marker upgrade question was, I'd get something around $200, like a Shocker, an E-bladed 'Cocker, or a used Dangerous Power G4 or Fusion FX, which will be a bit more. The Etek 2 is a good option, although personally I think it looks like crap. The point here is get something you like.

Mask is good, pack is good, loader is good!
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:43 AM #7
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
Like everyone else has said, your next upgrades need to be a better gun and tank. Like 2nwyka said, the ninja tanks are great tanks but can be pretty expensive. Keep watching places like ebay and try to find a good used one thats not so much. As for the gun, have you ever considered playing pump? Paintball can be pretty expensive and shooting 20 bps means more paint you have to buy. Pump is much cheaper and in my opinion, more fun. Half a case of paint will last me all day. And if you aren't sure, ask a pump player at your field if you can shoot his gun so you can see how it feels and if you think you'll like it or not. If you still want an electro gun though, I have a proto matrix rail (for the occasional jerk that likes to bonus ball all the newbies) and it's always been a good gun. I've let it sit for months without touching it and it always airs up and shoots without a problem. Planet Eclipse guns are great guns too. You could get something like an etek, etha, or an older ego for pretty cheap

Kbug is online now   Reply With Quote