Old 06-24-2012, 08:20 PM #1
McDoogle6969
SS

McDoogle6969 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
McDoogle6969 is for the Gunfight
McDoogle6969 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Is the Demon worth it?

I recently bought one used and it will be here tomorrow, I really like how the gun looks, how it is macro-less, a spool gun, ect but after reading further about the gun after purchase it seems like it's nothing but problems.

So, as the tittle says. Is this gun truly worth it? Or should I try to sell it right away and get the hell outta what seems to be a problem packed gun?

Thanks guys.
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2012, 09:20 PM #2
McDoogle6969
SS

11 views, no responses?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:33 PM #3
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Well, that's likely because this question is subjective.

I'm sure many users have found it to be the most fantastic gun they've ever owned.

Others probably have found themselves very frustrated.

I would suggest to you, that you use it and see how you like it before judging what others may say to you.

Personally, it's my favorite gun, the best performance I've ever experienced in regards to Accuracy, Efficiency, Smoothness, etc.

In regards to reliability, my gun is very reliable. My team guns are all very reliable. Is that because I am a Tech? Maybe, maybe it's because I understand how guns work and I'm able to set mine up to make them reliable. Or it might just be that I take better care of my guns than other users do...I don't honestly know which it is.

Some users experience poor reliability. As with any gun, I find the majority of the time, the issue is user error, however, I won't blow smoke up anybody's hind end and pretend that the Demon hasn't had it's share of manufacturing hick-ups, it has. I will say that at this point, the majority of them have been resolved, and if you do have issues with your marker, you can send it to me, and I will make it work, and you will smile.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:49 PM #4
ElCoronel

ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel plays in the APPA D4 division
I think the trick with Demons is getting to know them. They've not been around long enough for much of the tips and tricks that the techs like Reaper know to become general knowledge. I was very frustrated with mine initially but I also don't like letting something get the best of me, and I know people are using these things successfully. So I did my homework and I've learned how to keep my gun operating a lot better than I initially did. I'm sure there are still some lessons I'll need to learn, but I'm also confident there are people here on this forum that have already figured them out. These guns can be amazing if you'll put some time into them. I've never shot a gun I like more.
ElCoronel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:15 PM #5
McDoogle6969
SS

So pretty much learn how the gun works and take care of it and it should be a great gun? Ok awesome, I was just a little sketched to see all these "Demon problem" threads on here. And Reaper, I'll definitely keep you in mind if anything goes wrong with mine!

Thanks guys
Old 06-24-2012, 11:45 PM #6
Dbohavoc

Dbohavoc plays in the PSP
Dbohavoc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCoronel View Post
I think the trick with Demons is getting to know them. They've not been around long enough for much of the tips and tricks that the techs like Reaper know to become general knowledge. I was very frustrated with mine initially but I also don't like letting something get the best of me, and I know people are using these things successfully. So I did my homework and I've learned how to keep my gun operating a lot better than I initially did. I'm sure there are still some lessons I'll need to learn, but I'm also confident there are people here on this forum that have already figured them out. These guns can be amazing if you'll put some time into them. I've never shot a gun I like more.
Agreed, smoothest marker ever shot, just get to know and take care of her!
Dbohavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:06 AM #7
boodahfinger

I love how my Demon shoots and like Reaper said the problems I encountered were easily resolved with his or Shootnpoo's help and most of the problems I've had were because I was tinkering with it too much. I just don't when to leave things alone it seems like. I'd advise you to get some extra QEV just in case you ever need to change them out since that seems to be the only problem still with the Demon. I've changed mine and haven't had any problems that wasn't caused by my tinkering.
boodahfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:38 AM #8
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
I loved my demon when I had it.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote