Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 08:09 AM #22
maniacmatt73
 
 
maniacmatt73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Annual Supporting Member
maniacmatt73 is BST Trusted
maniacmatt73 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
maniacmatt73 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
maniacmatt73 is for the Gunfight
I feel that it depends on the situation, in speed ball getting hit 2 or 3 times is something that just happens because of the delay between the shooter stopping and the paint in the air. just because the guys stops shooting doesnt mean his paint will stop. if its done a lot and the kid doesnt stop shooting then id just walk off and let a ref know.
maniacmatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 AM #23
Horizon
 
 
Horizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacmatt73 View Post
I feel that it depends on the situation, in speed ball getting hit 2 or 3 times is something that just happens because of the delay between the shooter stopping and the paint in the air. just because the guys stops shooting doesnt mean his paint will stop. if its done a lot and the kid doesnt stop shooting then id just walk off and let a ref know.
First of all, this happens in all genres of paintball, not just speedball. Paintball markers all fire the balls the same speed (or at least they can), and there are paintball markers designed for various genres that can fire at high rates of fire, not just speedball markers.

Having said that, what you described is NOT bonus balling. Bonus balling is shooting a player on purpose AFTER a shooter has seen that player call themselves out. It is NOT when a player is hit with several balls that left a shooters marker before the shooter knew the player was out.

I see that you have just joined PBN, so I will assume that you are fairly new to paintball. That's OK, everyone needs to learn. However, when you post in a thread, try to read some of the previous posts first, so you are not just repeating what others have already said (incorrectly in this case). Thank you.
Horizon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 PM #24
pinoy_92
professional n00b
 
pinoy_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Upstate, South Carolina
pinoy_92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pinoy_92 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pinoy_92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pinoy_92 is attending Decay of Nations VI
at one time, i saw 2 grown adults yelling at each other because of them shot the other one ball too many.

personally i believe, unless they call themselves out or the ref tells me to stop, i will keep shooting. it really sucks for someone you already shot out to come back and shoot you in the back. i wanna make sure i got him before i move on.
__________________
.
pinoy_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 PM #25
boissey68
Worlds Smallest Giant
 
boissey68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Morrisonville NY
boissey68 is playing at Living Legends VI
boissey68 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
boissey68 supports Team VICIOUS
boissey68 posts videos on PbNation
boissey68 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
boissey68 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
boissey68 supports DLX Technology
anything over 5 balls is a 5 min major. lol
__________________
Buy my Extra Gear! SHOCKER PART OUT
1.)http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=78485762#post784857622
2.)http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post78102144
JOKER CLONE VX
GREEN SPIRE
SLIME NINJA 68/4500
LAKE PLACID VIKINGS
-GI Sportz -Procaps -VForce -MACDEV - PbNation
boissey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:22 PM #26
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life
 
ih8ipods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lloydminster Canada
How about all is fair in love and war and leave it at that?
__________________
www.edmontonpaintball.com- Click it, ya know you wanna

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.


On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:14 PM #27
Horizon
 
 
Horizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
How about all is fair in love and war and leave it at that?
Which one do you do when you play paintball, make love or make war?
Horizon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:19 PM #28
PB_Popeye
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Ok so I know how I feel on my particular story but I would like to see how everyone else feels. The last time I went out to our local field I was playing on the "hyperball" course (speedball with tubes), I was by far having one of the most succesfull games I've ever had. I bolted immediately to the 50 and tagged 8 of the other teams players who were bunkered up together.

Well shortly after that I continued to move up field and ended up even with a couple of the (more experienced) players on the other team behind one of their back bunkers. I sprayed and KNOW from the paint splatter I hit one of the two. I snapped out again to check on the second player and the one I had hit was still there, standing between me and his buddy. Ok...maybe he didn't have the chance to move yet. Well then he pops a shot off at me, so I felt justified in responding with two more of my own right in his torso and polished off his buddy.

Next thing I know this guy is screaming about how I was laying into him after he called himself out. Call me an *** but when it comes to PB i play by the mentallity of "If you don't call yourself out, you must think you're not out,". He had no hand in the air and I didn't hear any form of self ellimination.

Does anyone feel I was unjustified? If so, why?

On a completely seperate note that had no influence on my actions during the game: after the game was over, the guys were walking away and one of them pops a shot off and hits me right in the hopper(which was fortunately positioned over my manhood), so any remorse I had is most certainly gone.
PB_Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:52 PM #29
Trip XIII
Captain/Treasurer
 
Trip XIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
The first guy standing between you and his buddy, is in the line of fire, whatever he receives while standing there is on him.
Second, if you are one of those players that doesn't put an arm up or yell out I'm gone, then you deserve anything extra you get.

I bet your hopper became your best friend that day.
__________________
A & J PAINTBALL, PB Nation
http://www.13thlegionnaires.com
Trip XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 PM #30
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip XIII View Post
if you are one of those players that doesn't put an arm up or yell out I'm gone, then you deserve anything extra you get.
This x 1,000,000. If you don't put your hand up when walking off, what do you expect?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:35 PM #31
shortbusballin
BALLZ DEEP
 
shortbusballin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
shortbusballin plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
This x 1,000,000. If you don't put your hand up when walking off, what do you expect?
ive had a few were i put my hand up and try to walk out and catch another 5 in the back walking out while they are looking at me
shortbusballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:25 PM #32
LzM
i r teh LzM
 
LzM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brigantine, NJ
LzM is playing at Living Legends V
LzM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LzM supports Sherwood Forest
LzM posts videos on PbNation
LzM plays in the APPA beginner division
LzM is attending Decay of Nations VI
LzM supports DLX Technology
Dont just stand up and start shooting the guy. Take note of it and give him a few extra balls next game.
__________________
LzM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:13 AM #33
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996
 
steve_81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpoptart View Post
I'm sorry, but if someone bonus balls the hell out of me I'm going ot most likely call them out in mid game saying wtf is your prob... If they continue then I'm just gonna go ham and shoot my entire hopper into them and play at a different feild... If your bonus balling you have absolutely no skill and your just being a dbag.. No need to shoot someone 20 times.
Agreed.
__________________
Outlaw Paintball - www.outlawpaintballpark.com
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:16 PM #34
DevilMayCare
Ultra-Violent
 
DevilMayCare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
DevilMayCare is a Supporting Member
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
If you don't put your hand up when walking off, what do you expect?
I don't put a hand up because I'd rather get shot damn near anywhere else.
__________________
"Maybe they'll beat some English into you." -zoink

"I will rule with an Iron fist and weed out the people not worthy" -kai83

DevilMayCare's Feedback
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:57 PM #35
pbizlife
 
 
pbizlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa,FL
pbizlife plays in the PSP
pbizlife posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpoptart
I'm sorry, but if someone bonus balls the hell out of me I'm going ot most likely call them out in mid game saying wtf is your prob... If they continue then I'm just gonna go ham and shoot my entire hopper into them and play at a different feild... If your bonus balling you have absolutely no skill and your just being a dbag.. No need to shoot someone 20 times.

uhh they must have more skill then you if they shot you out to begin with
__________________
EMPIRE Z2 for $70 pm me
pbizlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:29 PM #36
Mini_Legg_Parker
Hollywood Hitmen
 
Mini_Legg_Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hollywood, FL
Mini_Legg_Parker is playing at Living Legends V
Mini_Legg_Parker is playing at Living Legends VI
Mini_Legg_Parker supports Team VICIOUS
Mini_Legg_Parker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Mini_Legg_Parker is attending Decay of Nations VI
It happens, Best thing to do is exit the field as soon as you're out. Take the shots and just outplay them next time. Violence gets you put in jail...
__________________
My GearBag Sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...998&highlight=
Hollywood Hitmen
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3812026
Scared to trade your gun on PbNation?? Look here for security!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2860974
Mini_Legg_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 PM #37
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayCare View Post
I don't put a hand up because I'd rather get shot damn near anywhere else.
I personally hate getting shot in the feedneck or the trigger.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:28 PM #38
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?
 
Fedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bloomington, IL
Fedo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fedo is an NCPA player
Fedo plays in the APPA D5 division
Oh, this thread again?
__________________
Illinois State Redbirds

Windy City Punishers

Like us on Faceboook: Illinois State Redbirds Paintball
Fedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:43 PM #39
alpacheco19
 
 
alpacheco19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
My say is. Just take It. Pretend you didn't notice it at all. Or even congratulate the person and make a joke of it. Then get em back in like a game or two with 5 to the back of the neck lol.
__________________
shoot.... i wanna go pro lol
alpacheco19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:50 PM #40
blitz121
 
 
blitz121's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Salina, KS
blitz121 helped look for balloons
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
blitz121 supports Sherwood Forest
blitz121 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Depending on how many shots it is, if I bunker I usually do two shots in practice, tournaments 3, but if I get lit up and get 15 and you say I didn't put my hand up it was because I was cowering and if I put my hand up you would probably just shoot my hand
__________________
KC ELITE
Elite Sports Raiders
Raid, pillage, and plunder

XTC social crew
Elite Sports
Elite Sports Complex
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:54 PM #41
zachpnnc
 
 
zachpnnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
zachpnnc is playing at Living Legends VI
zachpnnc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zachpnnc has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zachpnnc has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I hate putting my hand up because i hate getting shot in the hand.
zachpnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:05 PM #42
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?
 
Fedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bloomington, IL
Fedo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fedo is an NCPA player
Fedo plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachpnnc View Post
I hate putting my hand up because i hate getting shot in the hand.
Then prepare to be bonus balled.
__________________
Illinois State Redbirds

Windy City Punishers

Like us on Faceboook: Illinois State Redbirds Paintball
Fedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump