PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2012, 10:34 PM #1
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
12Gram mag'? (C02 not weight)

Hey so I was just wondering while my mind was adrift constantly wondering about some awesome things to do with a mag' mine is sort of like a automag I think. I was wondering is there anyway to run a 12 gram on a mag. Such as something that could screw on a bleed valve specifically. I was looking through the AGD museum for something to read while I was bored and I really wish I had something exactly like this
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/museum/MicroCA.htm
And also I just thought it would be cool if some of these still existed but I heard they are no longer existent yet the previous one was much older and not as good.
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/museum/MicroCA.htm
But do they even making anything somewhat similiar to that I just thought it would be really cool if I could run something like that for the heck of it. Especially since no major mods would have to be made to the gun and it wouldnt encounter any problems since it would be very similiar since it still has pressure and I already have a ton of 12 grams for my tiberius.

And please dont start critisizing why I am doing this just read everything before this and if you have nothing to contribute to my thread then dont say anything.

So hit me up with suggestions I want to do this just for fun I dont want to pay 12 grand (random number out of no-where) to some collector of all of that stuff like one of those sharp-shooter sights and stuff. By the way you guys should all look through the stuff in the virtual museum AGD made some really cool stuff way back (no surprises there). Plus anybody think this would be cool to fool around with. Gives me an excuse to put back in the old C02 classic valve and use it once I get an X-valve.
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2012, 12:44 AM #2
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Frizzle Fry is playing at Living Legends III
Frizzle Fry owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Micro-CA and 6pak systems are cool, but they really weren't made with Automags in mind. Classic valves have a touchy relationship with unregulated c02, which is why AGD brought HPA to paintball. Automags also tend to be gashogs, which makes it difficulty to get many usable shots from a 12ie without heavy modification.

If you want a happy medium, try running a vertical 88g c02 cartridge like I do on one of my minimags... Just throw a few filters in between your air fittings to keep the liquid c02 out, or do a TK style hardline loop around your feedneck. It looks cool and balances nicely!

As for the Micro-CA market, I sold a used Micro-CA II and a new-in-package Micro-CA II for $350 as a package last year, for whatever that's worth as a benchmark for pricing.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM #3
Freedy500

Dang that would have been a cool thing to use any way. Just some ideas I was throwin around but as usual I guess someone beat me to it. AGD did anyway and I just thought it would be cool to fool around with that. Its fun going through AGD's museum sometimes whenever I am bored and looking for something to read
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 PM #4
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
well, as far as efficiency, hill has the efficiency mod for mags. In his video, I think he was using a classic valve and was getting around 1500 shots to a 68/45 tank.

So in theory, you could get a solid amount of shots from a 12gram with that in place.

Still, you'd have to shoot slowly.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

HOLY **** EMPIRE SNIPER FOR SALE - LNIB and only $360? Whaaa?

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:15 PM #5
Freedy500

problem would be getting a hold of a 12 gram adapter to screw on my bleed valve. And with C02 I have no problem shooting slowly. I also havent bought a efficency upgrade for my C02 valve yet so this will be a great excuse to get one. I will probably do this depending on cost after I x-valve my gun.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:45 PM #6
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
problem would be getting a hold of a 12 gram adapter to screw on my bleed valve. And with C02 I have no problem shooting slowly. I also havent bought a efficency upgrade for my C02 valve yet so this will be a great excuse to get one. I will probably do this depending on cost after I x-valve my gun.
Co2 + Xvalve = No-No

You can get it to work, but what would need to be done to make it work might prevent anything even approaching efficiency.

Last edited by Frizzle Fry : 06-13-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:58 PM #7
Freedy500

not X-Valve. There are still current conversion kits at palmers pursuit.com
Old 06-13-2012, 05:26 PM #8
Pyrate Jim

AGD Sydarm cannot run on anything but 12g's, unless you mod it for CA.
So 'Mags on 12g's coming right from the factory are not all that rare.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:19 PM #9
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

True, but Sydarms use a different valve and a different setup, and are possible the least efficient Paintball Pistol ever to be brought to market. I've got an original and a re-make Sydarm, as well as a re-make that I turned into a pump - they're great markers but not very efficient.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:06 PM #10
redic115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
AGD Sydarm cannot run on anything but 12g's, unless you mod it for CA.
So 'Mags on 12g's coming right from the factory are not all that rare.
The only mod you need is the CA adapter made by AGD and sold by Tunaman
redic115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:28 PM #11
Freedy500

I know this is stupid even though I have heard of this alot but how do you get ahold of tunaman does he has a website? And sydarms aren't all to common or efficient. I meant a gun like a minimag/automag but I have to switch up my gun alot since the Qloader stock get in the way for anything but remote.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:04 AM #12
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Tunamart.com

And yeah, it's pretty tough to get your hands on a Sydarm for under $450, if you can find one for sale at all.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:55 PM #13
Freedy500

he doesnt carry them. Or at least I cant find them after searching every section and category. Dang that guy overprices his stuff. Why would you buy an X-Valve from him for $25 more than you can straight from AGD.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:20 PM #14
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Quote:
he doesnt carry them. Or at least I cant find them after searching every section and category. Dang that guy overprices his stuff. Why would you buy an X-Valve from him for $25 more than you can straight from AGD.
Not everything he has is listed. Also, some of his stuff is marked up a little, other stuff marked down a little. His X-valves were $275 back when AGD charged $300 (as of a year ago). He also has a variety of things that Dave at AGD just doesn't offer anymore.

My advice would be to PM him.

*Actually, you might want to hit BEO. I don't believe that Tuna is filling orders at the moment.

Last edited by Frizzle Fry : 06-16-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:42 AM #15
redic115

You are correct he is having some.health.issues at the moment

But pm him anyways. He will het back to you as soon as he.can
redic115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:48 AM #16
Freedy500

how do I PM him on here. I cant find his account name.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:17 PM #17
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Quote:
how do I PM him on here. I cant find his account name.
Generally on Automags.org, but really I only suggested PMing him last night because it was late and I was overtired. He is having some health issues, and would prefer you send your business to Big Evil if you need work done on your marker. He is filling parts orders as much as he can, but will stop in about a week. He is a great person and great business man but do not expect next-day shipping right now.

We're all pulling for ya, Tuna!

Last edited by Frizzle Fry : 06-17-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:30 AM #18
Freedy500

To bad I am late to the party hope he gets better.
http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index...ex&cPath=8_136
Thats the link. They seem the only people who currently make 12 and 16 gram CART regs. He seems to be like tuna just not at the AGD level. His guns look interesting.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:07 PM #19
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

...Glenn and Craig Palmer?