PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-25-2012, 10:04 PM #64
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
I put my mag in my vest butt up/paint down. No problems. I'm using my MilSig hydro vest with 4, 2x mag pouches. But I take out the Velcro mag separators. Then I just use a dump pouch.
Okay I'll keep that in mind. I'm convinced that I am going to get one and some Mags, and if the paint stays in I might be able to play with the scenerio guys up here.

-Wolf
I have done my time in hell"

"A Veteran is someone who at some point wrote a blank cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life' "
Wolfrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:25 AM #65
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
OK, I'm getting mixed messages here, and I want to settle them once and for all. Has anyone here modded their MRX to accept First Strike?
ElJefe13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:36 PM #66
Cakeslob

no, doesnt look like
Cakeslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:57 AM #67
K_Group

K_Group works for a Paintball manufacturer
Dark Angel is friends with a Spyder Technician and the Tech modded one on his free time.

the end result was that the magazine could not be modified, a new magazine is needed.

The tech was trying to show how easy it would be to mod with a dremel, but it didn't work out in the end.
K_Group is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:39 PM #68
gabrielromelio

so far, this marker has held up really well. $ well spent.
gabrielromelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM #69
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
Hi robot0ninja,
I currently a Proto Reflex, DP E1, Tippmann Phenom, and have been playing for over 20 years. I have a MilSig Elite. It was up on EBay for a while. I've spent (about) $850 on the marker and $35 per 8 extra mag for a grand total of over $1K with all the other stuff I got for it. MilSig ripped off it's internals from Tippmann. I actualy mod'd a Tippmann E-Grip for it so I could have Semi, 3-Burst and Full Auto. The Elite is an all metal body, so by mid day, my arms are done.

I now have a Spyder MRX for $169. It's light weight and I let people use it all the time and its been dropped with no problems/breaks. It has a large bore like a Tippmann barrels so I use large paint. It SHOOTS ACCURATE out of the box. I have a 68/4500 compressed air and fill it once per day. Super efficient. I can switch between using the hopper and the mags with a twist of the barrel un like a Rap4.

If you want to bash a "Crap4", be my guest. But I'll bet a case of paint you haven't even played with the MRX.
Lol, you obviously have trouble reading more than one post. I've clearly been pro mrx in this thread. I hate rap4, I was pointing out it'd shoot the same as a rap4 but its cost would be a fraction of the price. And I was just saying I wish it was milsig magazine compatible so you can use the best magazine in the business. But hey, if you wanna twist my words around and act like you know something, be my guest.

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=

Last edited by robot0ninja : 06-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:07 AM #70
G4m30v3r
Gameoverman, Game over!

Been through 2 scenarios and a handful of open plays, using mags I have. 13c on it, keeps it light and easily got through all my mags plus refills with air to spare. Sling snapped while I was in swamp, got completely submerged and still fired (shroud bolts seem to be different cause they have rust marks now)
Only time I had any breaks was when I thought I was out of paint an swapped mags and ended up getting a ball squished and stuck in the barrel feed hole
Old 07-28-2012, 02:48 AM #71
ptpblackbear

this is my next buy. by the looks of it i am not going to make a bad purchase.
ptpblackbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:32 PM #72
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
So as far as accessorizing it is concerned...is the handguard interchangable with other aftermarket AR handguards?
Old 08-17-2012, 12:51 PM #73
daewootech

daewootech has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
daewootech has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My MRX

Heres mine,

Its a good gun, not great, but good, esp for looks. i already had problems with leaks in my valve the first run out and had to replace it.

the mags are cool but dont go in easily most times, takes some finesse to get them in smooth. you cant stack clips jungle style because if you do them parallel both facing up you cant release the tension spring for the balls making it useless, and if you stack one upside down the balls fall out, even with the tension spring in the locked position the balls fall out with movement.

daewootech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 AM #74
SeanAllen
tacticool

How is this marker as far as accuracy. Im really interested in picking one up, but I dont plan on using hopperfeed often, and wonder about the accuracy of spyder's mrx barrels. Tiberius markers have been some of the most accurate Ive owned so those were nice with magazines, if this thing doesn't put ball on ball, Im not sure how I will feel with only 10 shots.
SeanAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:25 AM #75
daewootech

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAllen View Post
How is this marker as far as accuracy. Im really interested in picking one up, but I dont plan on using hopperfeed often, and wonder about the accuracy of spyder's mrx barrels. Tiberius markers have been some of the most accurate Ive owned so those were nice with magazines, if this thing doesn't put ball on ball, Im not sure how I will feel with only 10 shots.
The gun feels like it has an average spread, not much diff than any other that I have used, the downside is that the mags are only 10 balls, sometimes i swear I fit 11, but anyways I bought a spare mag, and and it sorta helps, but only buys you maybe another 5 minutes once your hopper is out if you used one.

I do say that I have yet to have any balls pop out of the mags while playing which I thought I would have a problem with. But I'm definitely envious of rap4's 20 round mags.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 PM #76
SeanAllen
tacticool

Okay. Got my MRX yesterday. The magazines are a pain in the ***. I don't know how anyone taking heavy fire is supposed to smoothly change mags.

You have to really pull on the mag to get it out, the mag release button isn't ergonomic (not a big deal), but trying to slap a magazine in the magwell is damn near impossible to do smoothly.

Thinking Im going to stick to a 50rd hopper with this one. Other than that, the gun is awesome, feels built really well, lightweight, the carry handle is pretty neat.

Anyone try aftermarket handguards or stocks with this?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:13 PM #77
daewootech

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAllen View Post
Okay. Got my MRX yesterday. The magazines are a pain in the ***. I don't know how anyone taking heavy fire is supposed to smoothly change mags.

You have to really pull on the mag to get it out, the mag release button isn't ergonomic (not a big deal), but trying to slap a magazine in the magwell is damn near impossible to do smoothly.

Thinking Im going to stick to a 50rd hopper with this one. Other than that, the gun is awesome, feels built really well, lightweight, the carry handle is pretty neat.

Anyone try aftermarket handguards or stocks with this?

yeah its hit or miss, one game i was able to swap mags out pretty smoothly, the next game i ended up ducking behing a bunker and sitting there for like 1-2 minutes trying to get the stupid mag in. it goes in at a wierd angle, and the button the release it is just slightly too far where i can barely reach it without removing my hand from the grip.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:32 PM #78
SeanAllen
tacticool

I guess I figured out the trick with the magazines. You wanna hold it right at where the magazine curves, because if you hold near the bottom of the magazine, you'll have a harder time getting the magazine in straight.

This is the first CAR stock Ive ever owned, does anyone know if you can remove the stock itself and keep the tube mounted on the gun? If so, I sure as hell am going to be in the market for a CTR style stock.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 PM #79
daewootech

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAllen
I guess I figured out the trick with the magazines. You wanna hold it right at where the magazine curves, because if you hold near the bottom of the magazine, you'll have a harder time getting the magazine in straight.

This is the first CAR stock Ive ever owned, does anyone know if you can remove the stock itself and keep the tube mounted on the gun? If so, I sure as hell am going to be in the market for a CTR style stock.
Like the butt from the tube? Yeah just pull the pin down and pull the stock out, takes a bit Of finger strength but its not too hard

Is this what you mean?

Also I noticed its easier to load for mine at least if I tilt the mag forward while pushing up like this

Check my videos
http://www.youtube.com/daewootech
Old 10-12-2012, 11:33 PM #80
smiffington

Hello! I am yet another fool interested in possibly making this marker FS compatible. I think it can be done easily in the barrel and marker itself, but the magazines I am not so sure of. Could someone post some pictures of a magazine taken apart?
i.e. pictures of the track where the paintballs go, in each half of the magazine?
Thanks! I would appreciate it a lot!
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:39 AM #81
daewootech

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffington
Hello! I am yet another fool interested in possibly making this marker FS compatible. I think it can be done easily in the barrel and marker itself, but the magazines I am not so sure of. Could someone post some pictures of a magazine taken apart?
i.e. pictures of the track where the paintballs go, in each half of the magazine?
Thanks! I would appreciate it a lot!
See here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...8469136&type=1

Spyder first strike Milsim

Check my videos
Old 10-14-2012, 04:42 PM #82
SeanAllen
tacticool

If those MR5 Mags work on the MRX, Im going to cry in joy. Im not even using first strikes either :/

Should have waited a few weeks on my purchase, I still intend on getting the MR5 haha
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 AM #83
daewootech

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAllen
If those MR5 Mags work on the MRX, Im going to cry in joy. Im not even using first strikes either :/

Should have waited a few weeks on my purchase, I still intend on getting the MR5 haha
I'm leaning towards yeah, don't know for sure but the lower receiver looks identical to MRX, I kind of wish they make a box mag or extended/banana type clip, or drum, I would switch to mag feed only if that was the case

Check my videos
Old 10-16-2012, 11:10 AM #84
daewootech

Just confirmed, they're gonna sell a kit of the hop up parts

Check my videos