Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 05:00 PM #1
Dirty J
FAT CITY
 
Dirty J's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ATL
 has been a member for 10 years
Dirty J plays in the PSP
Dirty J plays in the APPA D3 division
Dirty J supports Empire
Axe on/off lever

I've got two Axes in front of me...

One you can slowly switch the lever from off to on... Without issue. Completely seals.

The newer of the two, when you slowly move the lever, it spews air from lever when in the halfway position and stops when fully actuated. Gun shoots fine... zero leaks or issues otherwise...

Why the difference? How can I correct the issue?
__________________
FAT CITY PAINTBALL<--------------------- Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter ------------------------> FAT CITY PAINTBALL

CP 2 piece barrel: 679 Autococker for SALE!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dirty J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM #2
Dirty J
FAT CITY
 
Dirty J's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ATL
 has been a member for 10 years
Dirty J plays in the PSP
Dirty J plays in the APPA D3 division
Dirty J supports Empire
And btw... it's completely silly to have a regulator that's not meant for the end user to service...

Good job Empire
__________________
FAT CITY PAINTBALL<--------------------- Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter ------------------------> FAT CITY PAINTBALL

CP 2 piece barrel: 679 Autococker for SALE!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dirty J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:05 PM #3
Teahouser
that one guy
 
Teahouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty J View Post
I've got two Axes in front of me...

One you can slowly switch the lever from off to on... Without issue. Completely seals.

The newer of the two, when you slowly move the lever, it spews air from lever when in the halfway position and stops when fully actuated. Gun shoots fine... zero leaks or issues otherwise...

Why the difference? How can I correct the issue?
It just needs to break in a bit. Put a few drops of high quality gun oil in the asa holes and dry fire your gun a few hundred times. Your lever will eventually start sealing up earlier and easier as it moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty J View Post
And btw... it's completely silly to have a regulator that's not meant for the end user to service...

Good job Empire
It actually is a very easy to service yourself reg! I do it every few months. All you need is a 3mm nut driver, needle nose pliers, and to watch a video of it online so you know what you're doing.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:12 PM #4
Dirty J
FAT CITY
 
Dirty J's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ATL
 has been a member for 10 years
Dirty J plays in the PSP
Dirty J plays in the APPA D3 division
Dirty J supports Empire
Oiled it before it got air for the first time. I'll give it time to see if it breaks in... but won't hold my breath. Seems like a tolerance issue on the check valve.

As for the servicing of the reg, I'm not worried about getting it apart. There's nothing I can't service - it's the fact that you "void your warranty" to service an integral part of the marker. Kinda important to have a clean/happy regulator for a consistent paintball gun.
__________________
FAT CITY PAINTBALL<--------------------- Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter ------------------------> FAT CITY PAINTBALL

CP 2 piece barrel: 679 Autococker for SALE!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dirty J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:24 PM #5
Teahouser
that one guy
 
Teahouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty J View Post
Oiled it before it got air for the first time. I'll give it time to see if it breaks in... but won't hold my breath. Seems like a tolerance issue on the check valve.

As for the servicing of the reg, I'm not worried about getting it apart. There's nothing I can't service - it's the fact that you "void your warranty" to service an integral part of the marker. Kinda important to have a clean/happy regulator for a consistent paintball gun.
You can buy every single replacement part for the relay online, so if you did mess something up you could spend anywhere from $2-$15 to fix it. Wouldn't be surprised if Kee just hooked you up anyways. They just rather have someone send their reg in to them to service then try it themselves and mess it up.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:55 PM #6
Nexxux
Axestasy
 
Nexxux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ***502***
Annual Supporting Member
Nexxux supports Empire
its because they market the axe towards beginners, and they dont want someone messing with the reg that doesnt know what they are doing. i service mine myself. and its just as easy as other regs on the market. thats on reason why i dont understand why they make it void your warranty. but i do it neways. warranty is only good for so long neways.
__________________
"Mess with the best, Die like the rest"
Nexxux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump