Community Focus

Old 06-09-2012, 12:15 PM #1
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
REX Type R markers

My nephew just dropped this in my lap this morning.... He scored 6 REX Type R markers, complete with barrels from a tag sale. Obviously he came to me about them, but I know nothing about these markers. From the look of them, they seem ok. I did some research of them and they seem like a decent low -end Electro marker. I am going to get a hold of them and see if they work/ shoot/ leak, etc.
My main questions are; Where can you find parts for them, an Owners manual, and anything else anybody might be able to share.

I will update this once I get them and see what works and what doesnt. I did read that they apparently using a charger cord to charge the battery? I dont know if he has one or not, but can you swap it with regular batteries??
Old 06-09-2012, 10:11 PM #2
tlmiller

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Type-R was the same thing as the Odyssey o2 if I remember correctly. I had one for some time. They work great, standard stacked tube FASOR. The biggest gotcha with them is they're entirely metric, all fittings and screws are metric.

here's a good read through on them explaining a lot about them. I seem to recall the manual was all but useless, a 2 page printout that basically had safety stuff and how to chrono it, and that was it.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:15 AM #3
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
QUICK UPDATE!
Got all six markers... VERY CLEAN AND WELL CARED FOR!
Interestingly enough... they are all sequential serial numbers!... 000558-000563, so Im assuming they were bought from a dealer going under or selling off old stock.
Aired up all of them. 2 had small leaks... the rest shot fine (and rather accurate with decent range). I dont have a chrono with me, so I dunno what they FPS is, but theyre all set between 200-300 psi O.P.. Gonna mess with them some more and fix the leakers. Then he wants to sell them. Anyone interested??