Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-08-2012, 10:38 PM #1
AIballer00

Field Team ?

Just trying to hear from some field owners about how hard the "field team" actually does for their home field and what types of things they are responsibe for. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

7N7 MAFIA
AIballer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2012, 05:00 PM #2
skullcrusher
will break you G/F

Well they should be an even trade for services. The team gets in for free, gets free air or discounted Co2 because that costs you field money and most fields have there own HPA so you can give it our for free.

The team members are usually responsible for reffing, field maintainence, trash removal and other basic field needs. For this the owner lets them in for free anytime they are coming out to play, gives them free air and any other perks that you might want to give them. It will vary from field to field!

We have had many, many teams over the years and they never seem to last long because teams tend to fight alot and are alway hot in the beggining to help but then usually fade after a few months.

Good luck!

Derek
Combat Zone Paintball
www.czpaintball.com

www.myspace.com/czpaintball
skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:58 PM #3
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIballer00 View Post
Just trying to hear from some field owners about how hard the "field team" actually does for their home field and what types of things they are responsibe for. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
we have our teams help with anything and everything that we can. mostly we ask for help in promo work

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:27 AM #4
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It will vary depending on the players and field. I really haven't been active at a field in a while, but from reading threads here and talking to people over the years things are still going the same direction they were when I stopped managing a field.

We are in an age of entitlement, or at least desired entitlement and that goes for either party. You need to have fair, clear cut objectives for what is expected to and from both parties, preferably in the form of a written contract. If the team acts like they are getting a free ride, or the field act like they are getting slave labor, it will not work.

My best advice is that both parties should offer what they can give for "free", players should fix what's reasonable, assist in a redesign, help clean up the fields occasionally, keep their area immaculate and be outstanding representatives of the field.
The field should offer a steep discount on entry/air, possibly free, and a slight discount on paint. The field could also try and set up fund raising opportunities for the team that can benefit both parties. Thinks like a bake sale, or a car wash (if the parking lot & road aren't dirt), or hosting small local events that the team organizes and runs, but does not participate in.

Ultimately these things dissolve when one part feels they are not getting enough to justify what they are giving. Often times the players desire everything for free, to include "unlimited" (or too much) paint for free and they think their existence at the field should be payment enough. The fields often feel the team is made up of "punk kids" that are not willing to pull their own weight, that they are just a drain on the fields resources or they cost more than they provide.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:02 AM #5
sal briguglio

sal briguglio is a Supporting Member
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends III
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends V
A field team should be treated as any other partnership. It needs to be fair to both parties.

The details will vary greatly, but generally speaking, field teams provide labor such as reffing, clean up, assisting with field building, etc.

No matter what you do, the team should definitely represent your business in a positive manner on and off the playing fields.

When this partnership is handled properly, the field team brings in new customers and assists in insuring all customers have a great experience.
Proud member of the Master Blasters Traveling Road Show
Proud Supporter of DAN COLBY.
sal briguglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:26 PM #6
tniz

tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
We assist the field with several things depending on what the field has on the schedule. For a normal weekend, we typically clean the speedball fields by washing bunkers, blowing the field clear of paintballs, and then discarding paintballs in the dumpsters. For a tournament weekend, we assist with setting up team staging, setting up the fields with the refs, assist with player parking, clean the fields throughout the day, clean up player staging, and then clean fields one final time.

On average we spend 6hrs a day at the field when we practice, between playing and working. Tournament weekends we usually spend 20-30hrs at the field, between playing and working.

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back
tniz is offline   Reply With Quote