Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-07-2012, 10:12 PM #1
dmann

SLG issue

Hi, I traded my ION in for an SLG at the D-Day B/S/T vendor and it just never worked right. I have no information as far as what year it is or if anything has been changed on it. The issue it has always had is that when you fire the solenoid clicks but when you begin to walk the trigger it stops firing. My friend has an SLG as well (no information he bought it on-field). I was originally going to swap parts out of his onto mine to see what was making my marker faulty but I opened his up and its different internals, he has a virtue board etc. Here are some pics if you guys would be kind enough to explain what the difference is and possibly some issues as to why my marker is not firing. Note: the gun has been lubed, ive tried hitting the de-gas button and the bolt is moving. I messed with the In-line regulator back/forth still not firing.

Mine is the green one
dmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2012, 12:15 AM #2
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

homerj is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
homerj owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
can you shoot one ball at a time? sounds like it could be starving for air.

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:38 AM #3
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

I failed to conclude which of the two pictured SLG's above belongs to you and which belongs to your friend?
Nevertheless, the SLG on the left is a "Proto SLG UL 09" and the SLG on the right is a "Proto SLG 08" -- the differences are subtle internally, but externally (e.g., frame) are significantly different. From what I understand is that the sear mechanism and clapper solenoid are incompatible between the two models. Additionally, there is also a difference in the trigger, frame (obviously), board, and wires
From logical deduction (well more like assumption), the vendor whom you had purchased the SLG from would have likely sold it in working condition unless stated otherwise. So if this is the case and you haven't done anything significant on the SLG, then it seems that the culprit for the marker malfunction is the battery. SLG's are very picky when it comes to batteries, so I would suggest to buy a few new ones and test them out. It took me half a dozen batteries to find one that worked with my UL SLG, but that's not to say that they other batteries were dead or unusable, it's just that the SLG prefers a little something more. Try this and please get back to us

-Jarred
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:37 AM #4
dmann

And just wondering, what battery was that?
dmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:40 PM #5
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann View Post
And just wondering, what battery was that?
Oddly enough out of all of the battery brands (e.g., Paintball, Duracell, Panasonic, Everyday, and Energizer), my SLG preffered "Rayovak", the standard not heavy duty

-Jarred
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:19 PM #6
phayze

When you pull the trigger, and the solenoid goes up. Does it stay up?
If it does then the spring above the solenoid needs to be replaced
phayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:14 PM #7
gandhi77

I've had that problem... it's bolt stick. I took my gun to dye and they re bored the gun. After that it's only oring's that need regular changing. I've tried fiddling with the sear, nothing helps even if you push the button in the back it goes back to it. one more thing, the plunger that is screwed to the back cap you might want to put teflon tape on it because it will start unscrewing after a while and the orings that are on the back button, make sure those are new before you put the teflon tape on the plunger. If you don't after you get the gun re bored you'll have trouble with firing again. I wasn't going to keep my slg until I fixed those issues, I've had my slg for over a year and a half and it worked great.
gandhi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:16 PM #8
gandhi77

I'm talking about the gun on the right which is I believe is an 08 the one on the left is the 09 with ul frame
gandhi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:05 PM #9
dye3456
*561*

Annual Supporting Member
dye3456 is BST Trusted
dye3456 is playing at Living Legends V
dye3456 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dye3456 supports Pev's Paintball
dye3456 is attending Decay of Nations VI
dye3456 supports DLX Technology
have your tried your dwell and changing the battery?
dye3456 is offline   Reply With Quote