PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM #1
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Closet Nerve

So, my brother wants to get back on the field and asked me to tech his Nerve before he went out next weekend. Problem is it's been sitting in his closet for about 4 years.

How in-depth should I go taking this thing apart before I try to shoot it?

I was thinking:
-New Battery (duh)
-Complete LPR disassembly
-External piston regreasing

Should I go as far as a RAM disassembly? Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks!
Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2012, 08:45 AM #2
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
team_xile supports Empire
I wouldn't worry about ram disassembly too much. Just go through and look at the lpr, reg, and MAYBE the solenoid. Those are the main areas where dried up o-rings could cause issues.
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 AM #3
Gailon
FEP Sticky

THANKS!

I ended up stripping it down last night and when I got the piston out, the ram felt and sounded really gunky when I was moving it inside the housing, so I just went ahead and did it anyway. Just hope I put the right amount of loctite back on!

Solenoid, I decided to just skip that for now. Messing with solenoids always seems risky to me so I try not to unless I know something is actually wrong.

Got scared at the end when it wouldn't turn on! Finally remembered from the last time I messed with it that his power button is fragile and can fold over =( so I had to make sure it was lined up with the switch, then it powered on fine! Hope it never breaks off! =)

24 hours of loctite drying and airing it up tonight! I was surprised, actually, to find that the LPR body was loctited together.
Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote