nope...

its direct-drive.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:35 AM #23
smasher41
I'm back!!

smasher41 is a Supporting Member
smasher41 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
i think pgi needs to do something with the trigger frame... the double the fire storm is hideous ( sp?) what you should do is make a trigger similar to the black dragun's... some kid had one a few weeks ago, it tas the cheapest one.. like 90 bux i think he said, and i pull the trigger and was suprised on how good it was, soft, and easy as heckto get on the trigger.....
im debating on what gun to buy this summer, although i like the mayhem design, i like how the black dragun has the nice trigger, similar to a piranhia's in looks / feel.
basically all im looknig for is a rec ball gun, i kinda dont want to bring my cockers or my impulse to the rec ball field ... dont ask me why.. cause i couldnt tell ya

My FeedBack 40 positive feedback!

Member #155 on PBN
smasher41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 05:54 AM #24
ren

If you ask me, cockers are the freakin shiznit. I an probably put out like 11-12bps dryfiring, but I can't get any of my loaders to load that fast, and on the field I can do about 7 bps, and it's like paint on paint. Never chops either. That's probably the best part. Mayhems, novas, supernovas... they all chop. I can't tell you how many times the cocker has saved my butt during a game when I get one freaky-loader. As you know, the gun just pinches it, when you pull the trigger the gun doesnt fire and re-cocks, and you're ready to roll again.
I'm looking to see if I can make my nova like this, because novas are nice little guns that can fire as fast as heck, but I find myself having to limit my rof during games to keep from chopping. With the nova, its a GUARANTEED chop if you mess up. Don't ever stick your finger in the breech because that thing REALLY goes. It's like a blunt knife with a bad additude.
I'd check out the firestorm. I was looking into one a while ago nd I'd like to see how they work.
Old 06-04-2002, 03:16 PM #25
smasher41
I'm back!!

smasher41 is a Supporting Member
smasher41 is a founding member
yea i love that about cockers.. heck when i get tired of chopping with my impulse , ill pull out my cocker and usually play better with it. and i actually think i can fire it faster than my impulse, and im much more accurate. in a 3 man game i can easily play hopper ball, but with my impulse it seems impossible for me..

My FeedBack 40 positive feedback!

Member #155 on PBN
smasher41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 03:56 PM #26
ren

I hear ya bro. cockers are great guns. They're not the fastest or the snazziest and everything, but you can't beat the reliable, tuneable, accurate goodness of em. If only my NOVA didn't chop. Arg. I'm contemplating getting cocker pneus put on it to keep the damn thing from chopping. It would also kick less... and be more efficient, and kick less too... sigh.
Impy's are fast guns, but I still don't like the "disconnected" feel of electros. I like to feel like I'm firing the gun... not some little solenoid.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:01 PM #27
Nicad
Common sense since '77!

Annual Supporting Member
Nicad is a founding member
Nicad works for a Paintball manufacturer
Leon-
Quote:
Auto Cocker with swing trigger only shoots 9 balls max, Closed bolt , unless force fed will NEVER run over 9balls pes sec, is is mathmaticly impossible, you can dry fire it fast but try to run paint through it
I wouldnt be too sure about this...
my current cocker setup has a 12v revvy and is running at 11.2 bps with paint flying out the barrel, and will not chop.

sniper1rfa- what can be done about the not-so-good gas useage on the Mayhems?

out!

Like Deadlywind on FB!
Nicad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 03:58 PM #28
sniper1rfa
I am the method of mayhem

that is taking some math,

but start with a longer, unported barrel. im working on the efficiency (doin math) but itll take awhile, what with all the other stuff im doing.
Old 06-13-2002, 04:41 PM #29
ren

Also, try to get something with a low drag coefficient, like stainless steel or teflon.
Brass would work though. My nova seems to get the best efficiency with a longer barrel. My 16" ported is more efficient than my 11" unported. Helluvalot quieter too.
I feel most of the inefficiencies have to do with the design, though. If the mayhem is anything like a nova in design, there's a little bit of wasted gas on each shot, which translates to poor efficiency over many shots.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:13 PM #30
Nicad
Common sense since '77!

Annual Supporting Member
Nicad is a founding member
Nicad works for a Paintball manufacturer
yeah we are talking maybe 1/2 (or less) the number shots most other markers gets.. Im sure it might help, but i doubt just changing barrels/etc is going to change it as much as it needs to... kinda like saying put a different barrel on a shocker or old-stock matrix to make them better on gas.

The dump ram in the back moves as far as the bolt times 0.196 in^2 area times 100psi = quite a bit of air dumping for each shot.

iv been looking at how to modify it to make the "bolt" 100% air driven (no spring) and have about 2-4 lbs of force on it.. hopefully so that it wont chop. I think it takes ~7lbs of a bolt "edge" to chop a ball.. depending on sharpness ofcourse.

if i get the change ill try to draw up and post some simple cutaways of my idea.

out!

Like Deadlywind on FB!
Nicad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 03:11 PM #31
BaCkWoOdS_BbQ_BLUE

Thumbs up FRESTORM IS REALLY NICE

HEY LEON THANKS FOR THOSE HOTT *** GUNS (PGI FIRESTORM) MAN THOSE GUNS WERE HUMMING THEY WERE GOOD FAST AND ACCURATE AS HELL @ TROPICAL ILLUZIONS AND PANAM HEHE WE WON WIT THEM HAHAHA.

big john team BaCkWoOdS_BLUE
Old 04-19-2003, 11:13 PM #32
tribalornothing

mayhem for sale

boo yahh

Last edited by tribalornothing : 06-26-2003 at 06:30 PM.
tribalornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:35 AM #33
sodakmaster69

hey mad kiwi i had a question about my firestorm, i want to buy that kit that makes it less of a gas hog from u can i get it cheaper? second i have a one of a kind blue cocker with a blue firestorm kit on it, i want to get this anodized like black to pewter like the whole gun ,reg and all, and a question to you and all if they know i have the firestorm kit and the front thing with the sylonoid in it and all the big black block in the front, well i can turn it i mean not easy but i can tighten it down but then it gets offset, is it ok?? lmk and if n e one knows some cheap ano company or someting lmk thanks and kiwi get back to me please thanks!!
nate

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217420
(THAT IS FEEDBACK)
sodakmaster69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 12:48 AM #34
PeteCoffey
What kind of gun is that?

You're gonna want to buy what Leon is selling

From what he told me & what I saw, his new gun IS amazing. a little pricey for us Nova freaks, but how much is 15/sec worth.....1st run in a couple weeks. Leon's baby just might be "the Marker of the Future"....Pete
PeteCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 09:19 AM #35
BlackOmegaPBall
I Bunkered Your Mom

BlackOmegaPBall is a founding member
So whats the deal with the upgrade boards for the mayhems? Are these still on the menu? If so, how much faster can you shoot with them? Also, I was wondering about feednecks. Can you put different feed necks on the mayhem? what threads do they take?
BlackOmegaPBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 10:16 AM #36
cliffg8
Geeezer CPPA #1643

cliffg8 is a Supporting Member
Upgrade boards

The upgrade boards for the Mayhem are listed on PGI's site.

For Sale
V1 Mayhem, VERY low S/N Blue on Blue, ACI barrel. Email me at cliffg8@yahoo.com
cliffg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 05:36 PM #37
Mcot2

IF anyone has an old mayhem, just rip out the board and everything, buy yourself a 129 doller morelock, and custom program it, the morlock comes with an ace and as long as you have it set to the # of selinoids on the gun you can program it easily to not chop, and run at 15 bps, with an eye that is included.

Then slap on a delrin bolt, a nice reg and your in busniess.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:10 AM #38
cliffg8
Geeezer CPPA #1643

cliffg8 is a Supporting Member
V1 Mayhem for sale

I have a V1 mayhem for sale. Very low serial number (19). The marker is blue on blue. Includes ACI Zero Gravity barrel and stock feed tube. I will accept money orders or paypal. I have a100% positive rating on ebay.
cliffg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:06 AM #39
Baller75

Howdy all, I wanted to ask about the mayhem. A local shop in Meridian Idaho is selling the mayhem and I like how is shoots. But one thing I noticed when I dry fired it, is that my finger seems to move faster then the gun cycles through its shots. To my knowledge that is called ramping and I can't use a gun in tournment play that ramps right? Does this only happen with dry firing? I really like the gun, because of its simplicity and its looks. ALso I want to know what aftermarket parts are available for it and what barrel thread does the mayhem use? Thanks guys I cant wait to get a mayhem.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:19 AM #40
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

What you're describing isn't ramping, but just to make sure, let me see if I have the statement right:

If you pull the trigger and the gun shoots faster than you're pulling, this is ramping.

If your finger is moving faster than the gun is cycling, this isn't ramping.

You said the second one, so your finger can just move faster than the gun can shoot apparently. Also, I may not be sure....but I didn't think you could ramp a Mayhem...or at least do it where it would be worth it...

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Polish Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 02:27 PM #41
Baller75

ok, when I tested it at the store i wanted to see how fast the gun dry fired. I did so and after I stopped pulling the trigger the gun fired 3 more times. The clerk said that the gun cant cycle as fast as my finger is pulling the trigger. I have never heard of this before adn my brother who plays tournament ball says that is called ramping. I am basicially looking for a good reliable, fast gun that I can afford. The gun is listed for 220 but I have talked him down to 180. Is this a good deal. Does anyone know what aftermarket parts are available for the pgi V2?
Old 11-01-2004, 04:11 PM #42
MobiusMorte

MobiusMorte is a Supporting Member
if oyu are looking for a good reliable gun, the Mayhem is not what you are looking for, but this should probably be moved to a new thread.

I need help... Apex, SMG-68, Vector, Classic Intimidator, Clamshell Intimidator, Angel LCD, M98c, F-4 (x3), an F-2, Eagle .68, Shoebox Shocker, SFT Shocker, Ion, X-Blade Cocker, e-Blade Cocker (x2), Mech Cocker, Sydarm, Nova, .68 Special (Converted SMG 60), M3 Dragun and a Spyder Imagine...
I just can't stop myself... want more...
MobiusMorte is offline   Reply With Quote