Team Misfit
Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
Question Psp , Nppl , Tournaments?

Well I am not new to paintball.But I am curious about psp & nppl.Like what are they?I know there tournaments and stuff but is it like pros? Or even rookies ?

Is it like the NFL or NBA and have to be asked to join and be recruited? just curious? thanks to anyone who can help explain this too me.
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Team Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 PM #2
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
Like I don't know man. Like check out their websites, like, maybe?

Both are two differently formatted paintball tournaments. They have their own set of paintball bunkers, field dimensions, rules, and team sizes. Both tournaments are open to the public. They both have a "Pro" division however I'm pretty sure any team/player can play in any qualified division or higher; ie a team/player that qualifies for D4 can play Pro but a qualified Pro team can not play down. Of course each has their own specific rules about player qualifications.

NPPL:
"Sixteen Professional Teams have formed the National Professional Paintball League (NPPL). The player-owned league is dedicated to growing the sport of paintball at all levels of the game. For more information email info@nppl.com"

PSP:
"About Paintball Sports Promotions (PSP Events)
PSP Events is indisputably the most experienced tournament provider in the paintball industry. Comprised of manufacturers, distributers, professional players, and field and store owners, the diverse group that is PSP has a wealth of tournament paintball knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the industry from top to bottom.
PSP has expanded the potential of tournament paintball with its ever evolving format. With an emphasis on fast-paced, exciting play, the format is a player favorite. Also more favorably comparable to other sports with which the public can identify, the RaceTo format is spectator friendly.
Players love the competitive balance that only this format can provide. It all but eliminates fluke plays, lucky bounces, and questionable calls that plague competitors using other outdated formats.

PSP is proud to be the leading producer of professional paintball tournaments worldwide and is constantly striving to bring our teams, players, sponsors, and spectators the pinnacle of our sport.

Mission Statement
- Advance the SPORT of paintball
- Produce fairly reffed competitions for all levels of competitive paintball teams
- Provide a captive audience for our sponsors and vendors
- Produce value-filled events for teams, players, vendors, sponsors, and spectators"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...intball_League
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paintba...rts_Promotions

"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 06-05-2012 at 10:37 PM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:40 AM #3
808_PB

808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
808_PB is attending Decay of Nations VI
Basically they are the two biggest tournamentsdifferent in the US. Nppl is usually 7 man and players shoot in the mode of semi-auto capped at I believe 15 BPS. In the PSP player shoot in the mode of PSP Ramping which is capped I believe at 12.5 BPS. PSP also consistsof 5 players. Thats just the basics of things.
808_PB is offline   Reply With Quote