Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-03-2012, 01:26 AM #1
Defa1t

Question Staying Current

I was just curious on how everyone stays current with everything paintball. I'm new to the whole thing again and i like to listen and learn. Anyone have any good paintball related magazines or books they'd recommend? Im sure there are DVDs out there somewhere. Where do they (if they do) air the big tournaments on tv? I happen to stumble upon it every once in a blue moon. I dont really know anyone personally who plays so give me some suggestions!

Thanks guys!
Defa1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 01:31 AM #2
TheUrbanGent
d-.-b

This website is your best resource! They webcast the big events online. As far as videos go YouTube is my biggest source of information. But as far as staying current PBN is my #1.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:36 AM #3
Defa1t

Hah I was going to say that ive learned about everything i know so far from this website
Defa1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:10 AM #4
todamax369
Dustin

Annual Supporting Member
todamax369 is BST Trusted
todamax369 is playing at Living Legends VII
todamax369 posts videos on PbNation
todamax369 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUrbanGent View Post
This website is your best resource! They webcast the big events online. As far as videos go YouTube is my biggest source of information. But as far as staying current PBN is my #1.
Pretty much the same for me. Paintball news thread with email updates straight to my smart phone always let's me know when something new justhit.
todamax369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:23 AM #5
Mike2181
Need a 3 man team in NC

Mike2181 plays in the APPA beginner division
Mike2181 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defa1t View Post
I was just curious on how everyone stays current with everything paintball. I'm new to the whole thing again and i like to listen and learn. Anyone have any good paintball related magazines or books they'd recommend? Im sure there are DVDs out there somewhere. Where do they (if they do) air the big tournaments on tv? I happen to stumble upon it every once in a blue moon. I dont really know anyone personally who plays so give me some suggestions!

Thanks guys!
I have been out of the game for the last few years myself but since poking my nose back in to the game I noticed that the magazines that I used to grab from wal-mart aren't there anymore. As for the big tournaments, PSPEvents will usually host a free webcast (streaming tv show on their webpage for those who may not know) for their tournaments and PaintballAccess usually hosts a web cast for other ones. ESPN tried it a few years ago but the ratings were not high enough for them to continue it. FCS (Fox College Sports) will have some on randomly but it usually is a replay of older NCPA tourneys. As for staying current, PBNation and ****** seem to be the most popular/useful websites/forums. I hope this helps.

Will

3 or 5 MAN CFOA FREE AGENT!!!
Mike2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:41 AM #6
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
All I know of are some of the more famed "publications", if you will, on youtube like egoballas, visualreviews, wolf's den, psp, nppl, espn sometimes, and a few others I forget.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote