PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2010, 02:10 PM #1
king107s

VM-68 Resurrection, need help

Hi guys, first time poster here so go easy

I'm trying to resurrect and restore a VM-68. The gun previously worked fine and was in a box inside my house for years. I stripped the gun down completely, replaced all the old o-rings, applied lubrication where needed, checked the valve position and cup seal. Everything looks great! Go and get a bottle filled, hook it up and no leaks great. Pull the trigger, blot slides forward and .... nothing. Not even a burp of gas.

I pulled everything back out and inspected the valve, cup seal, spring etc and everything looks fine. But, it still wont fire.....

Now, I would have expected that if there was something wrong with the valve it would be leaking baddly but it is not. I pulled the front section off with the CO2 line still attached and cracked open the tank and I'm defintiely getting gas flow into the valve.

So I'm pretty stuck here, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
king107s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2010, 12:45 PM #2
kit352

id recheck the valve. ddi you pull it out or leave it be? the tool to remove it only cost a few cents at the hardware store.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:03 PM #3
king107s

Yes, I pulled the valve on the initial inspection and found the the primary o-ring was blown out and the valve body was a pretty dirty. I sonicated the valve in some mild cleaning solution and dried it out. Replaced both o-rings and applied some lubricant to help slide it back into place with the valve tool. The cup seal shaft fit through the valve properly and was able to move in and out smoothly. The spring on the cup seal looks to be in very good shape as does the cup seal itself. I also checked the retaining bolts on the body of the gun for clearance and replaced the o-rings there too.... sooooo I'm just about out of ideas
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM #4
king107s

There has to be a guru out there that has seen this problem before....anybody?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 PM #5
jrock0910
Old School Twists

jrock0910 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jrock0910 supports Bob Gurnsey
jrock0910 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
may i suggest heading over to mcarterbrown i know of a few guys over thier that could prolly rebuild one of these in thier sleep so if anyone can help you it's prolly one of them

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members

:To Quote Former President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate
jrock0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM #6
king107s

Thanks, I have posted over there.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:08 PM #7
Underground16562
True winner

Underground16562 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Underground16562 is for the Gunfight
Underground16562 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Underground16562 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation Vm68

I've got a few of them an if you do it right you can drill out the valve houseing you can use a spider cup seal just make shure it's the right length
I busted to the spike and shot like 75 guys...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face holding a $1500 marker his mom bought him....... then the ref gave me a high five for being a bad ***"
...................(.O.)
____<""""`""""//""""XXXXX:::::::::::::l =O =O =O =O
'- EGO--####//---==>
.###'{``|' []
#//#"'''\,_/, []
##,#" . . . . []
|iiiiiiI}--------'
Underground16562 is offline   Reply With Quote