PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-18-2012, 11:17 AM #1
IcemanUnlimited

IcemanUnlimited has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
FoF Training

I'm looking for paintball to replace parts of training that real firearms cannot be used in, such as FoF. Tiberius Arms appears to be the best choice for this, would you agree?

I used to own a Tippmann A-5 but the magazine reloading, First Strike rounds, and internal CO2 of tiberius arms is what really appeals to me.

I'm also considering Airsoft because of the MANY "realistic" firearm frames there are.. So I'm somewhat undecided.

I wanted to post this in scenario because it would fit better there but they don't allow "which marker?" threads in there.
IcemanUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2012, 06:20 PM #2
Jepp

If you're looking for the closest thing you can get to real firearms you should look at the paintball arsenal from Milsig:

http://www.milsig.ca/store/index.php...&cPath=158_159

They have a 13 Ci HP air tank embedded inside the stock (good for about 120 shots = 5 to 6 mags), they are magazine fed markers and you even need to cock the bolt after each magazine change to pull up a ball in the chamber.

Later this year they will release the M17 which uses a completely mechanical full auto, 3-round burst and semi auto. Instead of using corky batteries and what not. The full auto will not have the 3-shot safety before it engages. It's full auto from the first pull of the trigger which very rare on unmodified markers today.
Jepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:00 PM #3
IcemanUnlimited

Very cool. The big downside I see compared to the Tiberius Arms is that those Milsig guns appear to just take the standard paintballs while Tiberius Arms has the First Strike (which would bring more realism in the accuracy aspect).

EDIT: Well, I suppose it's not that big of a deal. Just a bit of a drawback.

Last edited by IcemanUnlimited : 05-18-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:00 AM #4
Jepp

The new M17 will have the First Strike feature. :-) I'm not sure if there's a FS converter for the rest of their guns though.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:15 AM #5
Jepp

O'yeah, worth noting is that Milsig make some great quality markers, my bro got a K-series and he has never, i'm serious, never had a ball break so far, he's shot about 3000 balls with it.
They're not for free, but i'm telling you mate, they are worth their penny in gold when it comes to military simulation markers.

Here's a review video from Modern Intel, they've been around a long time and done a ton of reviews on milsim markers.
Now this is the Paradigm from 2 years ago so in this video it wasn't First Strike compatible, not sure how the Paradigm 2 that also is coming out this year will be fitted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEzHbvkwuLE&feature=results_main&playnext= 1&list=PLD79216EC3E723343

Just check it out, these guys will give you all the info you want on the milsig company and quality of their markers. They are also in love with Tiberius and their First Strike.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 AM #6
Havoc-paintballer
Long Barrelled Pistolier

Havoc-paintballer is for the Gunfight
Havoc-paintballer posts videos on PbNation
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer is attending Decay of Nations VI
Ye I think the FS thing is more important as FS will shoot alot more like a real bullet than a paintball (obviously no where near as accurate or as far but still, huge improvment over a standard ball). If ur looking for realism, that seems more importnat than a couple cool features on the gun.

And if you want the best, go with a T4!

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:20 PM #7
TheAntiHeroHimself
T9.1 Operator

TheAntiHeroHimself has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You ever look up the RAP4 T68? They're mag fed and come in a variety of packages.
"Through continued testing of the SA-17 marker, our Quality Control Department has identified a potential issue. The problem is described as: A CO2 cartridge may fly out of the marker and impact a user." HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!1!!!1!1

"I shaved a kiwi, once..."

Marine Recon Squad's Medic(Blue team, yellow squad) at Operation EndWar; The Eleventh Hour 2012. HOORAH!

Callsign: "ENDGAME"
TheAntiHeroHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:09 AM #8
IcemanUnlimited

Bump.

Any more thoughts on the matter?
Old 10-10-2012, 01:01 PM #9
GHOST_FISCO

Rap4 is coming out with a marker named the 468.. the bolt comes out the same way a real one comes out.. its worth looking at.. For me I own a T4 that i use FS with and a t8.1 that i use standard/first strike with.
GHOST_FISCO is offline   Reply With Quote