Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-11-2011, 05:26 PM #1
BA_Batou

Lens scratched by ball impact?

I just bought a new Invert Helix mask in November. In mid-December, I played a PSP indoor field for the first time. When I cleaned my gear up, I found a strange pattern of scratches on the lens. It looks like the as the shell shattered it scratched the lens because it is very nearly the size of a ball. Unfortunately, I did get shot in the lens a few times but I only found this one blemish. I would post a photo but it is hard to capture.

My question is it common for balls to scratch lenses like that? Is it possibly a bad lens? Is it the shorter distances that can be at play in PSP? Any insight is appreciated.

-Thanks
BA_Batou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2011, 11:54 AM #2
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
Sometimes a paintball hit can scratch a lens. But most likely while wearing the mask, you won't notice the minor scratches.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:11 AM #3
Lanarchy

Mine get little scratches here and there all the time. Mostly unnoticeable when you have the mask on, and normal. It's more noticeable with mirror, or fade lenses, because they sometimes have an extra film on them for the coloring that scratches easier than the lens.
Lanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:58 AM #4
BA_Batou

Thanks for the responses! Good to know that it isn't just me.
BA_Batou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:47 AM #5
Ginga G

Just make sure that scratch isnt really the start of a crack, if you think that is even a possibility replace your lense right away. Better to spend $30 on a lense then have a lense shatter in your eyes later
Ginga G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM #6
LOKIm

LOKIm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LOKIm has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LOKIm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
LOKIm has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You get more scratches by wiping down the paint/broken shells. The proper way to clean is by rinsing the lense with water.
LOKIm is offline   Reply With Quote