Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-29-2012, 08:32 AM #1
the rearender

couple of 08 ego questions

Im trying to get the smoothest shot possible while still maintaining decent air efficiency for my 08. Im also thinking about upgrading from the stock bolt to either a Hush or a Cure 4. As for the settings any advice? and does anyone have an opinion on upgrades to help bring my 08 up to snuff?
the rearender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2012, 10:30 AM #2
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
One contradicts the other. You want a smooth quiet shot you can turn the LPR a half turn to full turn in (depending on the marker). You will lose efficiency. Or keep it flush and keep what you have. Some say that the Hush bolt works well on the 08's but I haven't noticed a difference other then changing the sound. Its still just as loud.

Matching the bore to your paint helps as well as a quality barrel kit will increase efficiency and lower sound signature better then any setting change from my experience. I really like the Dye UL they work very nicely on just about any marker.

As for the Cure 4 it solves an issue you don't have. Are you breaking tournament grade paint? If your marker is operating properly you shouldn't be. The stock Cure fine and works great. As for the Hush like I said it will change the sound, but don't expect the big jump in efficiency.

The Ego8 is arguably one of the best markers produced by PE for a reason. Leave it be and shoot the hell out of it.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:50 AM #3
the rearender

Thanks for the input, I realize that increasing efficiency and having the smoothest shot is not possible, looking more for middle of the road. I don't really play tournaments anymore being a college kid time is not really on my side but I'll look into the cure 4 thanks
the rearender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:11 AM #4
Marmaduke
Aqua Team Agg Force

Marmaduke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Marmaduke plays in the APPA D4 division
If you want middle of the road, I suggest you stick with the stock LPR/Board settings and upgrade the bolt. TechT has a video on their site where they drop in the hush/kush bolts and velocity jumps 10fps. That will will allow you to lower your HPR a little increasing efficiency. Similar results could be found with a good boor to paint match as Idiot Box mentioned.

I recommend you stick with stock LPR and Board settings because in my humble opinion, you shouldn't fix what isn't broken. While you're most likely adjusting the LPR on a marker as broken in as an '08, why bother? You will see a negligible difference in performance, and the more you screw with, the more that can go wrong. The '08 truly was a great year for the Ego...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Idiot Box
The Ego8 is arguably one of the best markers produced by PE for a reason. Leave it be and shoot the hell out of it.
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:39 AM #5
XKE

has been a member for 10 years
I would leave your 08 stock. Most I have used have been very smooth and efficient after seeing a lot of paint.

James Butts fan club #1-100
XKE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:21 AM #6
ikill4sp

ikill4sp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ikill4sp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ikill4sp posts videos on PbNation
I run my Ego8 at a dwell of 14.5 and LPR 1 or 1.5 turns in from flush. Shoots incredibly smooth. You could put your dwell at 14 and LPR 1 turn in if you want smooth an somewhat efficient.

I woul highly recommend getting a low pressure valve guide. It makes your gun noticeably smoother. Best/only "upgrade" worth buying.
ikill4sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:18 AM #7
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikill4sp View Post
I run my Ego8 at a dwell of 14.5 and LPR 1 or 1.5 turns in from flush. Shoots incredibly smooth. You could put your dwell at 14 and LPR 1 turn in if you want smooth an somewhat efficient.

I woul highly recommend getting a low pressure valve guide. It makes your gun noticeably smoother. Best/only "upgrade" worth buying.
Agreed but you will loose efficiency with the LP valve guide. I can shoot more then my pack can hold with a 68/45 running a LP valve guide on a very broken in EGO8. I don't play woods as much any more so I'm filling between points. Never ran out of air so efficiently was never a concern for me. Some keyboard ballers obsess over it. I never understood why. I recommend leaving it alone they are most reliable that way.