Old 05-12-2012, 11:30 PM #1
element7180
BLITZ PAINTBALL!!

element7180 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
element7180 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
element7180 is attending Decay of Nations VI
element7180 supports DLX Technology
Am i good at paintball? Give tips!

ive been playing for 6 months going most saturday and sundays.
this was divison 5 hope you like it.
this was in a tournament at blitz paintball dacono, colorado and we got second place. It was 3 man

Last edited by element7180 : 05-12-2012 at 11:40 PM.
element7180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2012, 08:07 PM #2
eclipseninja
Desert Edge Protege

eclipseninja owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
eclipseninja owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
eclipseninja supports Team VICIOUS
eclipseninja plays in the APPA D5 division
Try and play your bunkers a little tighter... Other than that, good job!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 PM #3
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
Good job on getting 2nd place, but the competition must not have been very tough in Dacono, CL because down here in Florida, even at D5 if you sat in the back like that you would get steamrolled. You didn't have an angle on anyone and nobody was shooting at you, which means you aren't in the game and you might as well put your gun up and walk off the field. You need to push up, paintball is all about territory, you want to keep the pressure on the other team, because one day you're going to meet a team who knows this and it will be a 2v3 because you aren't being an asset.

Also, you don't have to swing your gun around to check the side of a bunker. If you're posted on someone keep your gun on that side and just poke your head out of the other side occasionally to make sure there is nobody on that side.

Another tip is learning to wrap a bunker, which means if someone is on your right side, you come out the left, then wrap your body around the bunker, a lot of times you will take a guy by surprise.

I never heard a bit of communication. You need to talk with your teammates, and when I say communication I don't mean yelling out positions, really talk with the person, find out what he knows, if he can move, if he can keep a player down so you can move, keep the communication flowing.

It's not about kills, even if you can just get up far enough to make them nervous enough to keep a gun trained on you so tight all you can do is hug the bunker, it takes a gun off your teammate, then you can tell your teammate that the guy shooting at you is occupied and that he has a window to move up the other side. A paintball team is a machine, if all the gears are moving in sync it can do great things, but if those cogs aren't lined up then you're going nowhere.

One more thing, you really haven't got a gun that can be putting down a lane, so instead of trying to shoot off the break, put the gun at your side and sprint as fast as you can as far up as you can.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 05-15-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 AM #4
Cannoli

I agree with paper cut..... I don't know what kind of gun u have but u need to practice on rocking your fingers on the trigger if I didnt see the barrel of the gun I would swear that u were shooting a semi auto 98c.... Def get tighter on the corners if u see a teammate taking fire pop ur head out and unload on that bunker . U need to communicate with each other lay down cover fire and move up. Staying back like that will only make u lose games u wanna take the field..... In a game like that u will be using a lot of paint lay down fire make them know u know their there... Don't be shy with the trigger and take chances be aggressive .... I see the last one u got balls and advanced that's good ..... But u didn't really use paint ....... If that was me I would have been through 3 to 4 pods and half way up the field.... Which u wanna take right as the whistle sounds..... I will get better just listen to we say and practice..... Over all not bad for 6 months !
Cannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:00 PM #5
element7180
BLITZ PAINTBALL!!

i only had a case of paint and at thoes games i only had 3 pods and a hopper left also i was shooting a ego 10 white black with a kush bolt.
element7180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:42 PM #6
G00N
the don wan

G00N plays in the PSP
G00N plays in the APPA D3 division
Yeah papercut up at Minnesota at air assault d5 tournament series has some beast players and teams...
JT Paintball
Empire Paintball
G00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:29 PM #7
turmoil
that's the bottom line

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
nice job on the 2nd place!

It looked to me like in the video (~11:20 mark) that when you would break out to the left side of the field you were shooting right handed and having to spin your body 180 degrees from the dead zone to start shooting down field.
If that was the case, you should work on breaking out to that side shooting left handed if you're planning to run and gun.

Last edited by turmoil : 06-11-2012 at 02:32 PM.
turmoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:42 PM #8
SilverViper

SilverViper has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Overall nice job!

+ When hitting your bunker you didn't seem to know what side you should be laying paint into. Each time you slid in after break out you did not have your gun up and ready to lane out

+ Maybe this is more of a team thing, but you guys took all 3 back bunkers in 3v3 on a HUGE field. I found this perplexing as this makes it incredibly easy to lose the position battle. You favored looking inside where as those back cans usually control the outside lanes.

+Always have your gun pointed up field. You should be ready to shoot. If someone is bunkering you or if you are just setting up to snap shoot out. Your gun should not be tilted down.

+ It's hard to tell the tightness to which you were playing, but it seems like you weren't tilting in towards your bunker. Try to play with the least amount of hopper/gun/mask exposed. It looked like you were playing straight out instead of tilting in towards bunker.

+Biggest thing was that you guys had zero communication. Communication and your teams response to that communication is what really separates teams. You should be constantly talking to one another, relaying positions, kills, moves, etc.

Congrats on the finish and good luck in the future!

Currently rocking a Macdev Droid

Old Feed back:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1701604
SilverViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 PM #9
element7180
BLITZ PAINTBALL!!

watch