Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 AM #1
phillysteve
Theft Patrol
 
phillysteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philly
Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
Question Seeing across the field

Hey fellow ballers,

I don't have the best vision in the world and recently started using contacts to fix my astigmatism. The issue I have is sometimes at great distances I have trouble in woodsball due to light reflections and eye strain.

My question is simple... obviously for paintball binocular are useless due to wearing a mask... is there any handheld device proven (and cheap) that works for seeing across the field without removing your mask?

I do not want a attachment, I want something hand held.

I've seen suggestions of hand-gun scopes being usable even with a mask on.


Anyone have any experiences to share? Photos? Proof? Etc?

Thanks!
__________________
Phillysteve's guide to track down anyone: _CLICK_
LVP SOUTH, Hatfield, PA
DLX Luxe
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2012, 11:06 AM #2
Open_Truth (Banned)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Perhaps a magnifying glass like thing? I would imagine, although I have not seen, that there would be an oversized like one out there.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:30 PM #3
phillysteve
Theft Patrol
 
phillysteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philly
Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
. . . . .
__________________
Phillysteve's guide to track down anyone: _CLICK_
LVP SOUTH, Hatfield, PA
DLX Luxe
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:24 PM #4
krazykubes
 
 
krazykubes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
krazykubes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Have you tried getting a high end goggle system with some hd lenses. Maybe your local shop or field could point you in the right direction for some hd lenses.
__________________
Just remember the player makes the marker, not the other way around
krazykubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 PM #5
Gavin g
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
paintball
Gavin g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:26 PM #6
calebc
 
 
calebc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kansas City
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open_Truth View Post
Perhaps a magnifying glass like thing? I would imagine, although I have not seen, that there would be an oversized like one out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin g View Post
paintball
Wow. How much less helpful can you be?

So you're wanting some sort of non-electronic handheld optical zoom device? Or can it be electronic? And this is even when you're wearing contacts? Or do you take them out to play and that's why you want this device?

I can't think of anything completely optical that serves this purpose. You might be able to find a monocular that has a greater eye relief, but that's doubtful. Other suggestions seem correct: it would probably be easiest to try to find and use a cheap 2xor4x pistol scope that's designed with long eye relief as a monocular...
__________________
FC Paintball
Kansas City, KS
calebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 PM #7
tyronejk
titular
 
tyronejk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA D5 division
You could use your phone in camera mode! Lol, sometimes I walk around with my phone up to my face at home if I don't have contacts in.
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:57 PM #8
Open_Truth (Banned)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebc View Post
Wow. How much less helpful can you be?

So you're wanting some sort of non-electronic handheld optical zoom device? Or can it be electronic? And this is even when you're wearing contacts? Or do you take them out to play and that's why you want this device?

I can't think of anything completely optical that serves this purpose. You might be able to find a monocular that has a greater eye relief, but that's doubtful. Other suggestions seem correct: it would probably be easiest to try to find and use a cheap 2xor4x pistol scope that's designed with long eye relief as a monocular...
Not much different than what I suggested. Keeping in mind, I wasn't having the best of terminology thoughts at the time, using a monocular, or a magnifying glass thing that isn't meant for looking at high detail work is really all the same, except maybe one is in a housing that could be mounted onto a marker, and the other isn't...
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:55 AM #9
L.G.
PAP.OG
 
L.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maryland
my question is can your paintball gun even shoot as far as your trying to see?
__________________
301
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:56 PM #10
jimsta
NTMD8
 
jimsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ny
jimsta owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jimsta supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post
my question is can your paintball gun even shoot as far as your trying to see?
I doubt he is trying to shoot from that far, but he wants to be able to see where people and movement so he doesn't go barreling into opposition unknowingly, as well as identifying friendlies and hostiles.
__________________
Los Locos kick your face!
Los Locos kick your ***!
Los Locos kick your balls into outer space!


Gearbag sale
jimsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:09 PM #11
calebc
 
 
calebc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kansas City
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open_Truth View Post
Not much different than what I suggested. Keeping in mind, I wasn't having the best of terminology thoughts at the time, using a monocular, or a magnifying glass thing that isn't meant for looking at high detail work is really all the same, except maybe one is in a housing that could be mounted onto a marker, and the other isn't...
I didn't mean a MONOCLE..
I meant MONOCULAR.

It's kind of like binoculars, but there's only one. It's exactly what a scope is, minus the reticle for aiming. Certain handgun scopes have much longer eye relief than regular rifle scopes, and I wasn't sure if they made a monocle that had long eye relief.
__________________
FC Paintball
Kansas City, KS
calebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:11 PM #12
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza
 
Racso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Nati
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
Hey fellow ballers,

I don't have the best vision in the world and recently started using contacts to fix my astigmatism. The issue I have is sometimes at great distances I have trouble in woodsball due to light reflections and eye strain.

My question is simple... obviously for paintball binocular are useless due to wearing a mask... is there any handheld device proven (and cheap) that works for seeing across the field without removing your mask?

I do not want a attachment, I want something hand held.

I've seen suggestions of hand-gun scopes being usable even with a mask on.


Anyone have any experiences to share? Photos? Proof? Etc?

Thanks!
I feel ya on the reflections and all that.

Get a tinted or mirrored lens for your mask. This will cut down on the light entering your eyes, which will result in better vision.
__________________
Total Feedback:
eBay 37/0/0, Old PbN 1/0/0, PBR 3/0/0
56/0/0
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:55 PM #13
Open_Truth (Banned)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebc View Post
I didn't mean a MONOCLE..
I meant MONOCULAR.

It's kind of like binoculars, but there's only one. It's exactly what a scope is, minus the reticle for aiming. Certain handgun scopes have much longer eye relief than regular rifle scopes, and I wasn't sure if they made a monocle that had long eye relief.
The reason that I suggested a monocle like device over a monocular is that in paintball, with our masks on, you can't get a monocular up to your eye, on the other hand, you can still use a monocle like device at a distance (Even if only two inches away.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump