Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 AM #1
Gizzmo

MAPL Event 2 Registration Deadline

With this coming weekend being a holiday weekend, I wanted to remind everybody about the registration deadline. Midnight on Sunday May 27th is the deadline to register without having to pay late fees! Enjoy your holiday weekend and see all of you at the event.
Gizzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2012, 10:55 PM #2
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Do it!

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:02 AM #3
bpk5
Ayers

bpk5 plays in the PSP
bpk5 supports Pev's Paintball
Ill be therrrrrrrr.

playin saturday, maybe reffing sunday

Lehigh Valley Paintball South
bpk5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:10 AM #4
brianLEE
swag

brianLEE plays in the PSP
brianLEE is an NCPA player
brianLEE plays in the APPA D3 division
i'll see u sunday ^
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 PM #5
OGD#14
O.G.D.

Annual Supporting Member
Great event come out and play. Lets get some more d2/d3 teams.
OGD#14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:18 PM #6
phatdw88
Philly Turf Junkies Capt.

phatdw88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
phatdw88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
phatdw88 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Philly turf junkies registered and paid for!!
phatdw88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:44 PM #7
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Freedom and Ricos raiders should be signing up soon

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 AM #8
OGD#14
O.G.D.

Annual Supporting Member
NIce. Hoping for a good turnout.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:40 AM #9
outlaws

outlaws owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sandbagging

after all the problems with fresh factory play d4 there gonna let a d3 player from freedom play on freedom angels this league is crazy for this because it is only going to stop real d4 d5 teams from signing up its so frustrating to email admins of the league and have it ignored and say well there isnt anything we can do and say that they cant play when in the rules it clearly states they can bump players to different divisons
outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:52 AM #10
JoeMcNugget
USMC

JoeMcNugget plays in the PSP
JoeMcNugget owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JoeMcNugget plays in the APPA D4 division
JoeMcNugget has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws View Post
after all the problems with fresh factory play d4 there gonna let a d3 player from freedom play on freedom angels this league is crazy for this because it is only going to stop real d4 d5 teams from signing up its so frustrating to email admins of the league and have it ignored and say well there isnt anything we can do and say that they cant play when in the rules it clearly states they can bump players to different divisons
Where is the d3 player I just looked at the roster. Also thats great fresh factory played wooooooooo OMG it was so horrible no offense it could of been worse I know pro NPPL players and ex pro players from before APPA with no PLAYER RANKING on appa so don't worry a couple of guys from the old noobies will be fine with me.
Powered by OXCC / Aztek Photos / Understood

Last edited by JoeMcNugget : 05-28-2012 at 10:37 AM.
JoeMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:45 PM #11
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcNugget View Post
Where is the d3 player I just looked at the roster. Also thats great fresh factory played wooooooooo OMG it was so horrible no offense it could of been worse I know pro NPPL players and ex pro players from before APPA with no PLAYER RANKING on appa so don't worry a couple of guys from the old noobies will be fine with me.
Yea, I was thinking the same thing too. Where is this supposedly ranked D3 player on Freedom playing D4/D5?
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:00 PM #12
Gizzmo

Quote:
As someone has already stated, where do you see a D3 player on their roster? There are two players ranked D4 and one player is ranked Beginner. I will explain a little bit of the process to hopefully answer some of your concerns. While using the APPA system for ranking, scheduleing, and scoring there are also some other features we utilize. There is a feature called "Vallidate Roster Classification" that we use to ensure the proper APPA classifed players are in the correct division. Now, we run this feature after the final registration deadline (which is Wednesday before the event at midnight) to ensure there are no problems. The system runs a check on every registered player for the event and makes sure they are in the correct division according to the APPA. If there is an issue it notifies us and we inform that player they would not be allowed to play in that division if they are ranked too high. For example: if there truly was a D3 player listed on a D4/5 roster, it would notify us. You may very well see an APPA ranked D1 player on a roster (before the event) but when the process takes place after registration is officially closed, we are notified and that player would not be allowed to participate.

To touch on your other statement. "its so frustrating to email admins of the league and have it ignored and say well there isnt anything we can do and say that they cant play when in the rules it clearly states they can bump players to different divisons"

Every email that comes into the league is read and considered. If you do not receive a reply immediately, all I can do is apologize for the delay in the response. However it seems you received a reply; although it might have not been what you wanted to hear, you did hear back from someone.
If you have any other concerns please do not hesitate to email me directly.
Gizzmo@maplseries.com
Again, thanks to all of the players who make this league a success!

Last edited by Gizzmo : 05-28-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Gizzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:07 PM #13
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzmo View Post
As someone has already stated, where do you see a D3 player on their roster? There are two players ranked D4 and one player is ranked Beginner. I will explain a little bit of the process to hopefully answer some of your concerns. While using the APPA system for ranking, scheduleing, and scoring there are also some other features we utilize. There is a feature called "Vallidate Roster Classification" that we use to ensure the proper APPA classifed players are in the correct division. Now, we run this feature after the final registration deadline (which is Wednesday before the event at midnight) to ensure there are no problems. The system runs a check on every registered player for the event and makes sure they are in the correct division according to the APPA. If there is an issue it notifies us and we inform that player they would not be allowed to play in that division if they are ranked too high. For example: if there truly was a D3 player listed on a D4/5 roster, it would notify us. You may very well see an APPA ranked D1 player on a roster (before the event) but when the process takes place after registration is officially closed, we are notified and that player would not be allowed to participate.

To touch on your other statement. "its so frustrating to email admins of the league and have it ignored and say well there isnt anything we can do and say that they cant play when in the rules it clearly states they can bump players to different divisons"

Every email that comes into the league is read and considered. If you do not receive a reply immediately, all I can do is apologize for the delay in the response. However it seems you received a reply; although it might have not been what you wanted to hear, you did hear back from someone.
If you have any other concerns please do not hesitate to email me directly.
Gizzmo@maplseries.com
Again, thanks to all of the players who make this league a success!
Yea, I noticed a d4/d5 team for 5 man that has a d3 player listed as a player, not as staff. But like you said the system will catch that on Wednesday and it will block him from being able to play in that division. The MAPL knows what they are doing!
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:06 PM #14
Nate21224

Nate21224 plays in the APPA D4 division
Super stoked!!! See you all this weekend!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:19 PM #15
e250van

Exclamation Read And Understand

Quote:
That is so sad that you couldn't resolve the issue with team Fresh Factory, and you have to take it out on others, especially if you don't know the rules. For your information if you are talking about Tinyfury, I am a D4 player and APPA will not bump me up because I only have 458 point. If you were smart enough you would have understood this, cause it is stated in the rules. Not that I have to really explain my self, but I see there are some losers that need explaining. LET IT BE KNOW I AM NOT A SANDBAGGER AND THERE IS NO FEAR IN MY HEART TO BUMP UP NOR AM I AFRAID OF ANY BOY OR MAN MY BALL REGUARDLESS WILL BE IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANY QUESTION DON'T BE AFRAID TO COME UP TO ME AND BE STRAIGHT FORWARD AND DON'T BE A CHILD!

YOURS TRULY,
TINYFURY
FREEDOM
e250van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:21 PM #16
OGD#14
O.G.D.

Annual Supporting Member
Cant wait
Old 05-28-2012, 09:36 PM #17
ruffneck21
pop-pop

Yea, I noticed a d4/d5 team for 5 man that has a d3 player listed as a player, not as staff. But like you said the system will catch that on Wednesday and it will block him from being able to play in that division. The MAPL knows what they are doing!

just testing the system to see if it really works. lol, just let me know what the answer is white buffalo

Last edited by ruffneck21 : 05-28-2012 at 09:41 PM.
ruffneck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:58 PM #18
xlPAINTBALLlx
CP Factory Team

xlPAINTBALLlx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xlPAINTBALLlx is an NCPA player
xlPAINTBALLlx plays in the APPA D4 division
Been working after school and saving money so I can play both days, I'm stoked!
And regarding the nonsense above, last event I had Fresh Factory in my bracet. I wasn't happy about it while it happened but looking back it was just more experience. I learned from playing them and by watching them. All in all, it was a learning experience which I'm grateful for.
Growing up playing MAPL and always will.
See everyone this weekend

MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
xlPAINTBALLlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:38 PM #19
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If you have emailed and had not gotten a response I apologize. We do read the emails and respond when we get them. This weekend was a little rough at least on myself I know because I was out of town Fri-Sun working my real job in another state. So if it was sent over the last few days then I apologize and I am going through my emails now answering. But up until this past friday I have answered all emails I have gotten.

Cyndi

Last edited by 357 Productions : 05-29-2012 at 01:23 PM.
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:56 PM #20
TOMBOY13

Haha No sandbagging on freedoms part.
Go Freedom Angels!! And the rest of the freedom teams do work! Cant wait!
TOMBOY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM #21
??11??
"Big gay Al"

??11?? plays in the PSP
??11?? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
??11?? plays in the APPA D2 division
??11?? has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
the APPA can re ranked players but they wont because the APPA does not recognize the NPPL. Their is nothing the mapl could do about us playing. Also (with much respect to whoever it is) having one D3 player on your roster really does not a make a team that much better.
Dynasty 2:2011-2012
Philly Energy 2013-
??11?? is offline   Reply With Quote