You guys have to understand that this will take some time
I have the firmware WRITING to E2's and ZeroB's ready to go...so I can flash ANY older firmware to the 1.10 or 1.20 firmware if anyone would want to have that done...
For me to be able to do anything about the E1 firmwares, these are the things I need to do
I'm probably missing a few steps aswell)
- Get a programmer that can actually interface with the PIC\chip-type on the E1 board
- Get that programmer to interface with a pic-programmer-software
- Get the programmer-software to interface with the board (meaning having to figure out pinouts for the PIC on the E1) and making a connector or solder the leads directly to the backside of the board. (option 1 is clearly to prefer).
- Get the programmer to write and hopefully also read the PIC on the board
- Get AMAZINGLY good at assembly, as the only thing one would be able to get out of the PIC on the board would be HEX\Binary data. Which can't be "compiled\decompiled" back into C or whatever the hell kind of language they originally was written in.
- modify the firmware
- re-upload the modified firmware to the board
- Make the firmware from scratch..which would take AGES and AGES of programming.
- Upload\write the new firmware to the board.
This is actually pretty complicated stuff.
There are also space issues to keep in mind here as far as adding features etc. goes.
My priority right now is to make my programmer able to read out the firmware binaries\hex-files from the chips.( If someone out there wants to share the 0.19 0.24 etc E2 firmwares with me, feel free to PM me... As that would save me a lot of time\trouble).. If not I'll just build my second programmer(one which doesn't use outdated and way too complex technology). So I have a full collection of firmwares.
I do this mostly to learn...And although I would like to help out with the E1's. I WILL be focusing on E2's and "other" boards in the immediate future.
I am NOT a electronics specialist or anything.. I work in the IT-business. And do all of my tinkering in my spare time, (the tiny amounts of spare time I actually have).
If I am going to try to make a working firmware for the E1's from scratch..I will need to do that in collaboration with people capable of programming these things.
There are probably a lot of incoherent ranting going on up here.. But that's what you get when you ask away about the E1's like that
Hopefully things are understandable up there. If not, shoot me a PM or ask away in this thread.