Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-20-2012, 07:09 PM #1
SeaNugget

First gun - 03 Speed Help!

I've always been interested in paintball but some friends and I are all getting into it at once. Found an Angel Speed 03 on Craigslist for $140 and was told by one of my friends that it was a steal. I probably could've/should've gone with something more simple like a 98 Custom but it seemed too good too pass up at the time. The gun comes with an electric hopper and what I now assume is a HPA tank (3000psi). However, no charger... There's a paintball place where I can charge it short term but long term I'm not sure what to do- flip it or invest in the gun more. If I flip it what should I ask? Anything more I need to know about the board and such? Anything about the gun in general?
SeaNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:04 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
$150-$200 is about the going rate for 04 Speeds, but it sounds like you also got some accessories with it as well, so it sounds like a pretty decent deal. You probably wouldn't make a lot flipping it, but you probably wouldn't lose anything either.

Chargers aren't being sold new anymore, so you would have to try and track one down used. The going rate is in the $30-$50 range. You could also go with the CR123A mod that would allow you to use disposable camera batteries: http://www.angelowners.com/showthrea...able-batteries There is a fella here on PBN selling pre-made kits for the CR123A mod if you don't want to do it yourself. I can't find the thread now, but if you run a search you should be able to find it.

Failing that you can go for a new board that runs on 9 volts, but the only board currently available that is designed for the Angel series guns is the Virtue, and it costs as much as you paid for the whole package. If you wait a little while, 7th Element is working on introducing a board that is expected to retail around half that price. Or you could go the DIY route with a Universal T-board install for about $75. Whether or not any of that is "worth it" or not is ultimately up to you.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:05 PM #3
HobbesMRH
merr

HobbesMRH is a Supporting Member
You paid about what it's worth I would say. There's not much to do with it IMO except enjoy it as is. Play with it and see what you like and don't like. Maybe you'll want anti-chop eyes, or maybe you'll love it. Play with it and then decide if it suits you because you're not likely to profit too much off selling it.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:57 PM #4
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Lol that was my first electro / angel. I think I paid like $980 for it back in the day. Got any pics?
Old 05-21-2012, 03:53 PM #5
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Get this charger at radio shack and the H tip its orange and looks like this...Only problem I have run into so far is that I have to unscrew the board from the grip frame because the plug isnt long enough to reach thru the frame to the board...minor on the grand scale.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747

Last edited by sledneckforlife : 05-21-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: needed to add more writing
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:27 PM #6
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

That would technically work, but it's a way higher amp output than the stock charger, and doesn't include any "smart" charging circuitry - it's just a DC adapter. That's not strictly necessary since the Angel board has a cut off circuit for the battery, but a battery pack charger from a hobby/RC shop would really be a better choice. You would, however, need to find the proper barrel connector and splice it into the smart charger yourself, because none of them come with the right 3.5mm connector for the Angel board off-the-shelf (at least not that I can find).
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote