Community Focus

Old 05-12-2012, 12:23 PM #1
stashu

stashu posts videos on PbNation
stashu has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stashu has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stashu has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
stashu has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
what is the biggest waist size for pod packs?

i am hoping there are some big guys out there that can inform me of xl pod packs.i just got a few pod packs for my daughter.they fit her great and they say one size fits all.....lol

i tried on the 2011 sly pro-merc dosen't even come close to fitting.next i tried on 2010 empire 3+4 and it fits but it is tight.i'm not fat,i am just large framed...please keep the jokes to a minimum.i wear size 36-38 pants.can anyone point me in the right direction.i don't have a local shop that carries and assortment of pod packs,so i can't just go try them on.any help would be appreciated.thanks,stashu
stashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:37 PM #2
cruz-gsr

I'm a 40 and I have a invert 5+4 xl and also a empire 3+4 and both fit me perfect
cruz-gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:01 PM #3
shafticus
ball to live.live to ball

The size fitted packs are usually limited so stay away from those. Nxe, pbrack, and valken have similar pack belts (one size fits all and has a double belt design). If I remember correctly, sly and empire dont dont have the double belt design and the packs might run small. A lot of people say that x gear runs small, forgetting that these companies segmentation is the youth group so the sizes are closer to youth than to adult. It would be like putting on a youth large t-shirt. Anyway, I am 193 lb, 5'11 and wear 36 pants and have no problem with nxe style packs.

link to a forum convo about people who are size 40+ that are having fitment issues with the nxe pack.

paintball gateway also sells an extender for the waist.

But honestly If you are finding that you have problems fitting an nxe pack comfortably, then its probably better to lose the extra fat instead of extending the band. You're long term health is better for you and your family. gl
shafticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:10 PM #4
stashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafticus View Post
The size fitted packs are usually limited so stay away from those. Nxe, pbrack, and valken have similar pack belts (one size fits all and has a double belt design). If I remember correctly, sly and empire dont dont have the double belt design and the packs might run small. A lot of people say that x gear runs small, forgetting that these companies segmentation is the youth group so the sizes are closer to youth than to adult. It would be like putting on a youth large t-shirt. Anyway, I am 193 lb, 5'11 and wear 36 pants and have no problem with nxe style packs.

link to a forum convo about people who are size 40+ that are having fitment issues with the nxe pack.

paintball gateway also sells an extender for the waist.

But honestly If you are finding that you have problems fitting an nxe pack comfortably, then its probably better to lose the extra fat instead of extending the band. You're long term health is better for you and your family. gl
thanks for the info.yeah,size 54 chest and 36-38 waist--not fat just big.its what i get for lifting weights my whole life.i just thought there would be a better fitting pod pack for big guys.not a one size fits all,cuz those rules dont apply to all.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 PM #5
TechnaEtek3

TechnaEtek3 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
TechnaEtek3 plays in the APPA D5 division
I have a 36-38 waist and I wear a Planet Eclipse (NXe 4+3+2) pod pack and it fits just fine

Virtue Spire 200 & 260

Ninja (LP) 68/45, Ninja (LP) Grey Ghost 68/45
TechnaEtek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:28 AM #6
stashu

cool i'm going to try one of the nxe packs.thanks,stashu
Old 05-13-2012, 12:58 PM #7
JN Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashu
cool i'm going to try one of the nxe packs.thanks,stashu
Is a proto 7 PMR a good gun for start on speedball since I'm a noob, i used to play Woodball only so I did a 360 trade everything in and got into the real deal SPEEDBALL!!!
JN Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 AM #8
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
I got the NXE pod pack when I was a bit on the huge size- like a 46inch waist. It didn't come close to fitting then, but they also have a belt extender which made the pack fit comfortably.

After losing a lot of weight the pack still fits just as comfy as with the extender, only now I don't gotta use the extender .

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:00 PM #9
ewok11

ewok11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ewok11 is for the Gunfight
ewok11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a valken pack. I'm 5'11. 150. Its too big. Velcro doesn't touch when I loop it around
ewok11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:54 AM #10
JN Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok11
I have a valken pack. I'm 5'11. 150. Its too big. Velcro doesn't touch when I loop it around
Look into empire they have some good ones that may fit you well
JN Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:23 PM #11
hzuiel

If you're a bigger guy(i'm 5'11" 290) no pod packs will fit you right unless they're just a nylon belt with a bag to hold a couple pods. You can order a belt extender. I got a 14" belt extender just to be safe, and use it with an empire liquid 4+7 pack and it's pretty comfortable and would fit someone even larger than myself, and hell,t hey make a 20" belt extender. It's just a nice sturdy extra piece of velcro.
hzuiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:49 AM #12
shafticus
ball to live.live to ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashu View Post
thanks for the info.yeah,size 54 chest and 36-38 waist--not fat just big.its what i get for lifting weights my whole life.i just thought there would be a better fitting pod pack for big guys.not a one size fits all,cuz those rules dont apply to all.
I understand, I think the main 'one size fits all' is meant for the typical youth anyway. If at this point you are still on the fence about a good feeling pod pack, go to your local field and try on a bunch of diff packs. It shouldnt be a big deal to most players for test fitting. That way you are guaranteed to get the right pack the first time. Ive honestly been through 3 or 4 packs at least in the past 5 years...not because they were excessively worn out; it was because every pack was literally 'the best pack ive ever owned.' Settled on an nxe and that is really my only well used pack. (I recently bought a cheap valken one that does the job but it just feels cheap so i think ill be going back to nxe.)
shafticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:33 AM #13
TcsTuba
They call me BIG SEXY

Haven't read the above comments, so sorry if this is redundant. I use the NXE Elevation 4+3+2 with the belt extender, and it fits like a dream.
Loader: Rotor, because anything less than the best in a felony
***Rotor Mafia***
TcsTuba is offline   Reply With Quote