Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2012, 11:43 AM #22
NGerali

They said there is gonna be one, and have been known to only do the Pro games live.

BUT, I haven't seen anything different on their Facebook saying anything about not blowing up people's NewsFeed and showing any signs of putting out a live show... Even with somebody posting "No webcast" "wheres the webcast" on almost every picture they upload to my knowledge they have ignored every one of those comments... Unless you call there Tilted Kilt girls ugly, then they reply.
NGerali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 AM #23
vxmaniac

vxmaniac has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
what nppl really needs to do is give up the "us vs them" charade and just hire pbaccess/smp/matty marshal to do their webcast...

would make for alot more interest...
vxmaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:05 PM #24
c_dogg4

c_dogg4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrybg

Umadbro? Everyone has their opinion don't have to rag on anyone else for it but frankly most people see a merger as a way to better the sport allowing it to be seen in a different and more appealing light to corporate sponsors. Yes choice will be reduced but a unified national league will allow for more higher quality events.
No, I'm not mad at all... I just don't see how, as consumers, we want a monopoly in the paintball industry. Also, the beauty of America is he can have his opinion, but I can also call him an idiot for it...
c_dogg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:21 PM #25
STLOutlawz

STLOutlawz plays in the PSP
STLOutlawz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STLOutlawz plays in the APPA D4 division
The 7 man format is impossible in the Xball aspect. Think of how hard it is to get 10 dudes to a national event and pay for it. Add 4 more guys for Xball and it will be chaos
Old 05-20-2012, 09:04 AM #26
Christen

Christen plays in the PSP
Christen posts videos on PbNation
Christen plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLOutlawz View Post
The 7 man format is impossible in the Xball aspect. Think of how hard it is to get 10 dudes to a national event and pay for it. Add 4 more guys for Xball and it will be chaos
agreed.
Blazed & Confused "2010"

HK ARMY

KRDFLMZ
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:01 AM #27
The True BushMaster

has been a member for 10 years
The True BushMaster supports Team VICIOUS
The True BushMaster is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_dogg4 View Post
No, I'm not mad at all... I just don't see how, as consumers, we want a monopoly in the paintball industry. Also, the beauty of America is he can have his opinion, but I can also call him an idiot for it...
Compared to other national sports, how many have multiple "premier" leagues?
NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NHL, etc...

While they all, clearly, have their issues, it has helped to unify the respective sports in a manner which allowed them to grow over time.
Paintball isn't at that same level, yet, but based on the precedent of all other "major" sports it is the next logical step.

Have one governing body and, if possible, split up (AFC/NFC, AL/NL, etc.) eventually.

More teams at events, more stability, more interest from outside corporate sponsors, more growth.
The True BushMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:18 PM #28
AtomixPB

AtomixPB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goondo View Post
Why does the NPPL seem to struggle so much with webcasts while the PSP murders them (as long as there isn't a hurricane lol).

The PSP broadcasts are so high quality with intuitive broadcasters and high quality video, while NPPL has months to setup each webcast and they are all either a huge letdown or a complete failure as a whole! It's sad really.
could not have said it better myself.

NPPL needs to step up big time, its 2012 get with the times
AtomixPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:42 PM #29
Feloniousnick

Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goondo View Post
Why does the NPPL seem to struggle so much with webcasts while the PSP murders them (as long as there isn't a hurricane lol).

The PSP broadcasts are so high quality with intuitive broadcasters and high quality video, while NPPL has months to setup each webcast and they are all either a huge letdown or a complete failure as a whole! It's sad really.
One is run by Dye and the other.... well isn't....
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:46 PM #30
c_dogg4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The True BushMaster

Compared to other national sports, how many have multiple "premier" leagues?
NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NHL, etc...

While they all, clearly, have their issues, it has helped to unify the respective sports in a manner which allowed them to grow over time.
Paintball isn't at that same level, yet, but based on the precedent of all other "major" sports it is the next logical step.

Have one governing body and, if possible, split up (AFC/NFC, AL/NL, etc.) eventually.

More teams at events, more stability, more interest from outside corporate sponsors, more growth.
Literally the first quality argument anyone has had. However, just because the nfl, NHL, nba, Mls, MLB and all that are the only PROFESSIONAL leagues, doesn't mean that there aren't tons of other amateur and semi-professional leagues. For paintball then you may still have cfps here in Florida, msxl in the Midwest, tons of other leagues and all that... But combining PSP and nppl as the only big national league is a bad thing for amateur players who have to pay our own money or events. For professionals they get paid no matter what so it doesn't matter.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:36 PM #31
paintballedge06

paintballedge06 plays in the PSP
paintballedge06 is an NCPA player
paintballedge06 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_dogg4

Literally the first quality argument anyone has had. However, just because the nfl, NHL, nba, Mls, MLB and all that are the only PROFESSIONAL leagues, doesn't mean that there aren't tons of other amateur and semi-professional leagues. For paintball then you may still have cfps here in Florida, msxl in the Midwest, tons of other leagues and all that... But combining PSP and nppl as the only big national league is a bad thing for amateur players who have to pay our own money or events. For professionals they get paid no matter what so it doesn't matter.
That end there is what u might want to correct... Talk to a pro player and ask what they get "paid" to play and watch them laugh at u. Nothing is free in paintball anymore
paintballedge06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:14 PM #32
c_dogg4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballedge06

That end there is what u might want to correct... Talk to a pro player and ask what they get "paid" to play and watch them laugh at u. Nothing is free in paintball anymore
Okay... Really? Sponsorships and all that? Yeah... It's not like they are paying tons of money for anything...
Old 05-20-2012, 09:37 PM #33
paintballedge06

paintballedge06 plays in the PSP
paintballedge06 is an NCPA player
paintballedge06 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_dogg4

Okay... Really? Sponsorships and all that? Yeah... It's not like they are paying tons of money for anything...
Not paying what we do = correct statement. Yes some stuff might be free but I would say its not all free anymore. Regardless my point was this, you had stated that "regardless they get paid anyway". I was not trying to be a jerk I was simply pointing out that I personally do not know of any pros that get paid directly to play. Yes it's true most work withen the industry and do make money with paintball persay and we could relate playin national events as a perk of their jobs.. But paid to play is a thing of the past and hopefully future.
Again not trying to start a argument but I think a lot of players seem to think that today's pros all drive around lambos, get paid mass money to show up at events and play the sport they love no matter what, get everything just handed to them for nothing. Just trying to say paintball has changed a lot and hope one day it gets back to how it used to be
paintballedge06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:14 PM #34
c_dogg4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballedge06

Not paying what we do = correct statement. Yes some stuff might be free but I would say its not all free anymore. Regardless my point was this, you had stated that "regardless they get paid anyway". I was not trying to be a jerk I was simply pointing out that I personally do not know of any pros that get paid directly to play. Yes it's true most work withen the industry and do make money with paintball persay and we could relate playin national events as a perk of their jobs.. But paid to play is a thing of the past and hopefully future.
Again not trying to start a argument but I think a lot of players seem to think that today's pros all drive around lambos, get paid mass money to show up at events and play the sport they love no matter what, get everything just handed to them for nothing. Just trying to say paintball has changed a lot and hope one day it gets back to how it used to be
Ahh! Nah, I get you... I don't think they drive Lamborghinis and eat caviar and drink Dom Perignon. I got you man, I was more saying along the lines that they are the "professionals" of our sport. And whether they get paid a ton or not, they don't pay their entry fee and all that. Sponsors and winning tourneys do that.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 PM #35
phacephurst

phacephurst owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
phacephurst is for the Gunfight
phacephurst has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
phacephurst has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There being no webcast was just a damn shame period
phacephurst is offline   Reply With Quote