Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 AM #1
TimmyTyrant
Rope Spitter

TimmyTyrant is for the Gunfight
TimmyTyrant plays in the APPA D5 division
TimmyTyrant has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TimmyTyrant supports DLX Technology
HK Shredder VS. Exalt TRX VS. Exalt OTB

Opinions on which are better? Drawbacks, annoying things, durabilty, comfortability, value, quality, and traction? <---- also how do they do in these fields?

Snake Slammer

If you don't look like you're are going to spread your wings and fly, you're doing it wrong
TimmyTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:17 PM #2
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
None, buy shoes from a company that specializes in footwear, Nike, Puma, Adidas, Inov-8, etc etc. Going to be a lot more options for a much better product.
kAmAkAzEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 PM #3
hyperkidgx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kAmAkAzEe View Post
None, buy shoes from a company that specializes in footwear, Nike, Puma, Adidas, Inov-8, etc etc. Going to be a lot more options for a much better product.
agreed
hyperkidgx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:00 AM #4
Sh0ckw4v3
sh0ckw4v3

Sh0ckw4v3 is BST Legit
Sh0ckw4v3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sh0ckw4v3 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperkidgx2

agreed
Second motioned.
Hurricane Paintball Park, Palm Bay Florida
Battlefield Orlando (Formally OCP), Bithlo, Florida
Sh0ckw4v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 AM #5
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

If you want cleats, think about it for a second. Who wears cleats more than anyone? Football, baseball and soccer players. Now take a look at what they wear almost every single day: Adidas/Nike/Reebok, etc etc... Take a cue from that and consider wearing what the professionals wear. Hell, even most pro paintball players wear Nike cleats unless they're getting paid to wear Exalt or that HK agg bullsh!t.

I know people get caught up in "supporting paintball", but it really comes down to what does the best job for your money. If the paintball cleat companies are losing money to companies who simply make a better product, it will make them take their designs back to the drawing board and come up with better ones; which is better for paintball in the long run.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 04-29-2012 at 10:14 AM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 PM #6
TimmyTyrant
Rope Spitter

Welll I understand all of your guys' opinions but some fields don't have real grass aka astro Turk and the paintball cleats have a design built around golf cleats

Snake Slammer

If you don't look like you're are going to spread your wings and fly, you're doing it wrong
Old 04-29-2012, 07:24 PM #7
TimmyTyrant
Rope Spitter

And I'm not whereing formal golf cleats to the field Lolol

Snake Slammer

Old 04-30-2012, 04:30 PM #8
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
If you're lucky enough to have normal sized feet (not super ****ing fat feet like me), then look into soccer turf cleats, or football turf cleats.

I've got a friend with one of the exalt cleats, and he likes them a lot, but they've got ****ty durability. He's blown them out in not all that long.

Only ever seen one pair of shredders, kid didn't comment.

I wish that I could try a pair of turf cleats but nobody makes turf cleats for fat footed mofukas like me. (I wear EEEE sized shoes)

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:41 PM #9
Glazed_Donuts
JWB & 1759

Glazed_Donuts has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
As some others have mentioned.. Go with a normal running shoe. Some are now offering cleat-like tread. Adidas makes some shoes that are great. Take a look.. Adidas Kanadia is what they're called.

You can see the nice wedge-like tread on the bottom, you shouldn't have any issues with these and i'd be willing to bet they'll last you a LOT longer. You can get these for less and in a ton more colors/sizes/widths/etc.. The Reebok Reflex's are nice too.

Last edited by Glazed_Donuts : 04-30-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Glazed_Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:20 AM #10
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
Those look like they'd be pretty solid on turf. Gonna have to check if they make them in chode feet sizes.

Looking for some Gats?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:28 PM #11
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

between the 3 paintball specific ones... Exalts TRX are the best, but last the least amount of time in terms of durability. HK Shredders are actually more comfortable, and will last longer (go figure). Don't even bother with the Exalt OTB cleat, unless you like falling on your ***. (No spikes on the heels = bad for slipping)

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:41 AM #12
Ocatio

A buddy of my swears by a company called Boombah. They have a full line up of turf shoes, and he's been rocking the same pair for a couple seasons now (he plays exclusively on turf and highly recommends them).

I've considered getting some myself, but I more often play on grass and have wide feet (didn't see wide sizes on their website).

So I use a cheap pair of Nike Landsharks. No complaints, comfortable, tread is soft rubber so turf fields shouldn't have any problems with them (at least the ones I've been to don't have any problems with me wearing them).
Ocatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:16 AM #13
TheUrbanGent
d-.-b

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glazed_Donuts View Post

I like these.

I have Shredders and they are just OK. IMO they are made with low quality materials. The tongue on mine slide off the top of my foot to the side of my foot. They are still comfortable and look good, just IMO they are cheaply made. The sizes run small too.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:59 PM #14
SoCal4lyfe619
Muppet Mower

SoCal4lyfe619 is playing at Living Legends VI
SoCal4lyfe619 supports Pev's Paintball
SoCal4lyfe619 plays in the APPA beginner division
SoCal4lyfe619 supports DLX Technology
I am rocking Dye ATC cleats yes I know they came out in 03/04 and hard to come by but just saying I love these cleats if you can find a pair I would say snag them up.

KCCO!
SoCal4lyfe619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:16 PM #15
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocatio View Post
A buddy of my swears by a company called Boombah. They have a full line up of turf shoes, and he's been rocking the same pair for a couple seasons now (he plays exclusively on turf and highly recommends them).

I've considered getting some myself, but I more often play on grass and have wide feet (didn't see wide sizes on their website).

So I use a cheap pair of Nike Landsharks. No complaints, comfortable, tread is soft rubber so turf fields shouldn't have any problems with them (at least the ones I've been to don't have any problems with me wearing them).
If you have wide feet where are you finding landsharks that fit?

Nike's are always super narrow to begin with. The landsharks I tried squeezed so bad I couldn't stand for more then like 2 minutes.

Looking for some Gats?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:36 PM #16
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
I'd recommend baseball or football cleats. Many people recommend soccer cleats because they are so light, but one big difference between soccer and football/baseball cleats is the front toe cleat. Soccer cleats don't have them (something about people used be soccer players, until they took a toe cleat to the knee), but football & baseball cleats have them. Also, soccer cleats are more designed for sustained running, while football and baseball are designed for stop/starts, quick bursts of speed, etc.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:10 PM #17
TeamFury61

TeamFury61 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cleats

I just bought a pair of nike cleats that are very comfy and they were 34.99 at mc sports!!! hope this helps
TeamFury61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 PM #18
Jahdfather
Mini Master

Jahdfather owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Jahdfather has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jahdfather has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I had soccer cleats and worked good but my feet got sooooo hot since they are usually poorly vented. I did get the shredders and must say, worth it. They clean up very easily, are tough and cool vented. Also, I put some Walmart air pillo pads under the soles and upped the comfort. They feel like running shoes and work like cleats, but are still fairly workable even on hard surfaces. I have no regrets about the buy, as they look to last a long while
Techt Mr.T delrin bolt
Techt spring kit
Empire Relay on/off asa
Dust black double snatch grip
Lubed with violent pb jelly/oil
Jahdfather is offline   Reply With Quote