Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: How would you like to see ID tape worn?
2" red/blue tape on arm with 12" long strips of 1" tape on goggle strap above each ear for unit. 28 45.16%
Red/blue survey tape on goggle strap with strips of 1" tape on arm for unit. 19 30.65%
Either way is fine with me 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2012, 08:42 PM #43
calvman
Clickety screeeee

Annual Supporting Member
calvman is a Mega Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
calvman is BST Legit
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperScenarios View Post
CCM FTW
Of that I can wholeheartedly agree.

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|Powered by EXALT
calvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 PM #44
diddyphister
My home is Pbnation.com

Annual Supporting Member
diddyphister is playing at Living Legends III
diddyphister is playing at Living Legends V
diddyphister is playing at Living Legends VII
diddyphister owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
diddyphister owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
diddyphister plays in the APPA D4 division
I don't want anything on my mask especially duct tape that will be all sorts of nasty after a couple days of sweat and 90 some degree weather
diddyphister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 PM #45
ViperScenarios
Coast-to-coast Scenarios

ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends III
ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends V
ViperScenarios owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ViperScenarios supports Bob Gurnsey
All you have to do is stick something to the inside of the loop so no adhesive touches your strap. Then just fold it over the strap and stick it to itself.

After a long talk with Sean Scott at CPX we are going with ONE 12-inch strip of one-inch-wide squad tape doubled over the back of the goggle strap and a strip of two-inch-wide red or blue tape on the left bicep.
ViperScenarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 PM #46
robot0ninja

So the head tape is really going to be 6 inches? And so arm band is team tape?

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:35 AM #47
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Mega Moderator
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Here's what I think.

*TEAM* identifiers (since they're mandatory) should be worn somewhat obnoxiously on either arm, above the elbow. If the point is that the teams should know who they're shooting at, then it shouldn't be thin surveyors tape, but "standard" duct tape in some neon color if possible.

*UNIT* identifiers, as I understand it, are to determine what part of a team you're on. This, IMO, is much less important and really shouldn't matter so long as it's obvious (ie. not going to cause undue stress on the refs looking for a strip of tape someone hid on the bottom of their shoe). Tape on the side of the mask? great. Surveyors tape on your goggle strap? fine. Wrapped around your feedneck? awesome.

If I *HAD* to pick something? Surveyors tape around your goggle strap. It's out of the way, easily seen from the back (and possibly somewhat from either direct side) and will likely not get in the way.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM #48
ViperScenarios
Coast-to-coast Scenarios

ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends III
ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends V
ViperScenarios owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ViperScenarios supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja View Post
So the head tape is really going to be 6 inches? And so arm band is team tape?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallNAngel View Post
Here's what I think.

*TEAM* identifiers (since they're mandatory) should be worn somewhat obnoxiously on either arm, above the elbow. If the point is that the teams should know who they're shooting at, then it shouldn't be thin surveyors tape, but "standard" duct tape in some neon color if possible.
See earlier post on previous page, or the rules. 2" duct tape, red or blue, on the left bicep and in plain sight.

Quote:
*UNIT* identifiers, as I understand it, are to determine what part of a team you're on. This, IMO, is much less important and really shouldn't matter so long as it's obvious (ie. not going to cause undue stress on the refs looking for a strip of tape someone hid on the bottom of their shoe). Tape on the side of the mask? great. Surveyors tape on your goggle strap? fine. Wrapped around your feedneck? awesome.
That would be great if everyone had a feedneck. However there are pistols, stock class pumps, mag feds, and plenty of others without a feedneck. Consistency is the key. Everyone has a head and a set of goggles. I hate survey tape because it ends up looking like a little piece of string. A foot long piece of one inch duct tape, folded over on itself, hanging from the back of your strap will be easy to see from the rear and not degrade in visibility.

Quote:
If I *HAD* to pick something? Surveyors tape around your goggle strap. It's out of the way, easily seen from the back (and possibly somewhat from either direct side) and will likely not get in the way.
The decision has already been made. Hopefully everyone will be able to live with it. I have learned I will never make 100% of the people happy, so I go with what I feel will be agreeable to the most and will do what is needed based on sixteen years of scenario production experience and almost a quarter-century of scenario playing.
ViperScenarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 PM #49
Paintballer12u
KAPPUS #55

Paintballer12u posts videos on PbNation
Paintballer12u has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintballer12u has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintballer12u has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I dont even know why we need so many colors. it should just be on your arms and thats it or on the back of the mask on the band5
KAPPUS#55
Ironmen and RL fan

MAC DEV
, DM9, DM12, DM13, NT10
Dye Rotor
Dye Throtal 45/45
Sly Pro-Merc Diesel Barrel
Paintballer12u is offline   Reply With Quote