Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 AM #1
Hel_Bound

Lucky 5.1 on Epiphany

I picked up an epiphany a little while ago to use this summer for some rec ball. I used to be heavy into paintball but now that I've graduated and on the hook for a good 'old student loan I can't afford an expensive set up or tournament play right now.

Regardless, I also just made a deal for an old project ion for $50 which never was completed. Mostly so I can strip it for parts to upgrade the epiphany.
-Techt L7 Bolt
-Qlock
-CP ASA
-Virtue RD
-Sling trigger etc

It also has a lucky 5.1 body, I am curious as to whether or not the lucky 5.1 will work with the ion seeing as the epiphany uses a different firing chamber.
Will this work? BOB would be nice.

I've looked around, done some research and I haven't found anything to indicate NO it will not work. However I understand the lucky 5.1 bodies aren't simply empty bodies like the shocktech ones.
Thanks.

Last edited by Hel_Bound : 05-16-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Hel_Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2012, 04:01 AM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
In theory it should work fine. The only difference between the ion and epi firing cans is the internal diameter. They both use the same breech threads and all the other things. So they should work fine.

I don't have experience with the lucky bodies, but from my understanding, the firing can should work fine with or without the can inserts.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:35 AM #3
Hel_Bound

Thanks, I suppose I can always bore out the ID of the lucky body to accept EP inserts.

I'm picking up the body and bits tomorrow, I'll post up something about the build if I end up boring out the body to accept inserts.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:23 PM #4
theblindchicken
49'er

I don't believe you should have to remove any material from the body because the inserts stay inside the firing can behind where the donut normally goes. And i believe the lucky body's threading for a firing can shouldn't go too far beyond the existing threads within the body.

So i believe you should be fine. But if worst comes to worst, you can always just run it without an insert and be perfectly fine.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:14 PM #5
Hel_Bound

Well, got everything together. It wasn`t seamless I had to mill out a portion of the epiphany grip frame to accept the banjo and qev. Looks like the lucky 5.1 body forces the banjos to sit lower then usual causing a 4mm gap between the frame and body. The insert idea didn`t work, the lucky fire chamber is larger so thats fine. However its together and looking mint.

Thanks for the help

Old 05-20-2012, 02:31 AM #6
theblindchicken
49'er

Looks nice. Congrats!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:05 PM #7
Armagdn

Im confused by this thread. A lucky 5.1 has its own internals, there is no breech/firing can combo anymore and it doesn't take the inserts. Effectively if your using a Lucky 5.1 body its no longer an Epiphany.
Armagdn is offline   Reply With Quote