PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-12-2012, 12:21 AM #22
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
OK, but I was going for the average here. At least where I used to play, even with my big, nice sniper rifle I wasn't getting consistent shots even at 100 ft. The breeze would just play heck with it. But with my old, piece of crap Spyder i can usually hit someone 100 ft away.
If you spend $500 on an airsoft gun, then you're gonna get accuracy. Although maybe a FS from a T9 would be more accurate. I'm not sure on that.
If you're only spending $60 on an Airsoft gun, you're not really buying an Airsoft gun. They're probably LPEG (low power electric guns). Plus, what weight BB were you using? .12s? .2s? FPS doesn't even matter that much too. My friend has a Tokyo Marui recoil M4 that shoots about 340fps with .2s, but when he uses .3s he reaches out over 200ft. Now that he has a widebore and flathop he shoots ~300ft accurately.
MangoChutney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2012, 04:52 PM #23
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
I use .2 in my sniper rifle (UHC Super 9), and .12 for my machine gun, which is an LPEG. If I remember right, it's a CYMA MP5.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:02 PM #24
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
I use .2 in my sniper rifle (UHC Super 9), and .12 for my machine gun, which is an LPEG. If I remember right, it's a CYMA MP5.
try shooting a UTG L96 or even something better yet, and any TM or ICS smg/rifle and youll realize what were talking about. All AEG's should be using .20g and all snipers should use >.20g

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:33 AM #25
Blue_Cobra
Nxe-HK*ARMY-JT-Dye-Guy

Blue_Cobra is playing at Living Legends VII
Blue_Cobra supports Team VICIOUS
Blue_Cobra posts videos on PbNation
Blue_Cobra supports Pev's Paintball
Blue_Cobra plays in the APPA D4 division
I gotta say, the Thompson is the best gun ever, most durable you will ever find.

"Originally posted by greenperson: lol you just completely shutout savephace. they were like "look. our lens can take a gelatin shell at 425 FPS". and Vforce is like "ok. ours can take bullets.""
LEGO PAINTBALL WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Need to sell gear? Go to U.S.A. B/S/T! It's easy & it's Facebook!
Blue_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:44 AM #26
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

airsoft or real?

im a big fan of the TM Type 89.... that thing is wicked.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM #27
Austucker

Annnd to disprove the sound factor I will leave this here... Just switched from paintball to airsoft for the realism... Gas airsoft guns are the way to go... Thing is a BEEEEAAAASSSSTTT. Also for me personally another plus to airsoft don't need to wear a full mask. (can use optics effectively, stocks, and much more comfortable)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAVGC...e_gdata_player
Austucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:49 PM #28
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatedNubbycake View Post
try shooting a UTG L96 or even something better yet, and any TM or ICS smg/rifle and youll realize what were talking about. All AEG's should be using .20g and all snipers should use >.20g
This. A Tokyo Marui AEG only shoots around 300-350fps with .2s, but they are probably the most accurate guns I've seen. I've seen them shoot 200ft+ out of the box. And .2s are definitely a bare minimum. Anything over 350fps should use a heavier BB if you want better range. My SAW shoots 450fps with .2s and I use .3s to get better range with the hopup. My SVD shoots 540fps with .2s and I have to use .43s or else it just won't shoot straight.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:42 PM #29
Blue_Cobra
Nxe-HK*ARMY-JT-Dye-Guy

Quote:
airsoft or real?

im a big fan of the TM Type 89.... that thing is wicked.
Um, I haven't had a real one yet but I was talking about the airsoft one.

"Originally posted by greenperson: lol you just completely shutout savephace. they were like "look. our lens can take a gelatin shell at 425 FPS". and Vforce is like "ok. ours can take bullets.""
Old 05-16-2012, 06:34 PM #30
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austucker View Post
Annnd to disprove the sound factor I will leave this here... Just switched from paintball to airsoft for the realism... Gas airsoft guns are the way to go... Thing is a BEEEEAAAASSSSTTT. Also for me personally another plus to airsoft don't need to wear a full mask. (can use optics effectively, stocks, and much more comfortable)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAVGC...e_gdata_player

gas guns are fun.. especially Gas blowback pistols

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoChutney View Post
This. A Tokyo Marui AEG only shoots around 300-350fps with .2s, but they are probably the most accurate guns I've seen. I've seen them shoot 200ft+ out of the box. And .2s are definitely a bare minimum. Anything over 350fps should use a heavier BB if you want better range. My SAW shoots 450fps with .2s and I use .3s to get better range with the hopup. My SVD shoots 540fps with .2s and I have to use .43s or else it just won't shoot straight.
Listen to this prophet.

he knows his ****

Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 PM #31
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
gas guns are fun.. especially Gas blowback pistols

Listen to this prophet.

he knows his ****
Old 07-28-2012, 11:45 AM #32
SeanAllen
tacticool

Quote:
I have multiple AEG's that will honestly shoot 200+ feet accurately, these took some modification (tight bore barrel, high torque steel gears, and upgraded piston, cylinder, and cylinder head) and they were based off of TM and ICS M4 and M16 variants.
How does the reliability of a airsoft gun in that price range compare to a marker in that price range? Thats been my biggest question about airsoft.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:09 PM #33
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAllen View Post
How does the reliability of a airsoft gun in that price range compare to a marker in that price range? Thats been my biggest question about airsoft.
First thing you need to realize is that everything breaks. Paintball guns burst o-rings, need new shims, and whatnot and an airsoft gun will strip pistons, air seals, and trigger contacts. Most guns are pretty reliable as long as you don't do anything stupid with them like upgrade them to something they can't handle. I've seen G&G Raiders ($150 gun) last for years without a problem but I've seen Systemas ($1500+) break on the first day. Luckily you can repair airsoft guns with some research and practice just the same as most of a paintball gun.

So, in short, airsoft guns are just as reliable as paintball guns. Just don't use crappy BBs, don't use 11.1v LiPo batteries (unless you have a mosfet), and don't try to put a 200% spring in a stock gearbox.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:44 PM #34
Blue_Cobra
Nxe-HK*ARMY-JT-Dye-Guy

One of my friends who was into airsoft hard core is converting to paintball full time. He was saying his airsoft guns (not cheap walmart stuff but nice guns) kept breaking down and like paintball better. Idk. lol, I gotta side with paintball still. And first post in a long time haha.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:40 AM #35
dhspooner
More Cowbell!

dhspooner is playing at Living Legends V
dhspooner has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dhspooner has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
dhspooner is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoChutney

First thing you need to realize is that everything breaks. Paintball guns burst o-rings, need new shims, and whatnot and an airsoft gun will strip pistons, air seals, and trigger contacts. Most guns are pretty reliable as long as you don't do anything stupid with them like upgrade them to something they can't handle. I've seen G&G Raiders ($150 gun) last for years without a problem but I've seen Systemas ($1500+) break on the first day. Luckily you can repair airsoft guns with some research and practice just the same as most of a paintball gun.

So, in short, airsoft guns are just as reliable as paintball guns. Just don't use crappy BBs, don't use 11.1v LiPo batteries (unless you have a mosfet), and don't try to put a 200% spring in a stock gearbox.
Shims are in tanks, will never break, and are used for adjusting, you sir dont have your facts right