Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-14-2012, 03:50 PM #295
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

I'm still going to the state convention to vote for Paul.

Liberty is the new face of the GOP whether the establishment likes it or not.

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM #296
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
I'm still going to the state convention to vote for Paul.

Liberty is the new face of the GOP whether the establishment likes it or not.
Bahahahahaha.
Iamamartianchurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:08 PM #297
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Ron Paul Statement on Campaign Going Forward

“We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.” – Ron Paul

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul issued the following statement to supporters and the general public concerning the continuation of his historic bid for the GOP nomination.

The statement tees up forthcoming information the campaign will release concerning its fruitful delegate-attainment strategy still occurring at delegate-selection events such as state conventions ahead of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

Below please find comments from Congressman Paul:

“As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

“I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul.”

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:10 PM #298
Blake360

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
He proved something wasn't shopped by showing that there are other videos that could have been shopped?

So I can prove that this wasn't shopped

because there are other photos that may have been shopped like this?

GUYS! I THINK WE JUST PROVED BIGFOOT!

Also: it's the internet. who cares?
You clearly have terrible reading comprehension, so I know you did not go to grad school. Look at post #279 and see for yourself.
Even if you did go to grad school, philosophy is a subject for lazy underachievers so it might actually make sense that you did.

Last edited by Blake360 : 05-14-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:37 PM #299
Iamamartianchurch

By my recollection of college, the lazy underachievers went for business admin. If you were a bleeding heart with no goals outside of becoming sociable extrovert of the year you got into liberal arts. I don't quite remember my general impression of philosophy majors outside of being fanatical utilitarians.
Iamamartianchurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 PM #300
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
You clearly have terrible reading comprehension, so I know you did not go to grad school. Look at post #279 and see for yourself.
Even if you did go to grad school, philosophy is a subject for lazy underachievers so it might actually make sense that you did.
Space aliens did 9/11.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:28 PM #301
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
He clearly posted the exact video clip strait from CSPAN. Maybe you should talk out of your mouth in stead of your ***. It'll probably smell better.
Quote:
1) I was attacking your proving its validity by posting another invalid picture. I don't care if you proved it after. Your initial proof was laughable.

2) Philosophy majors have the highest ACT scores of any major at just about any university. They are generally regarded as the smartest students. Grad schools seek out philosophy students because they are "battle-tested". You are showing a clear lack of understanding of how colleges work.

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 05-14-2012 at 06:30 PM.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:40 PM #302
Blake360

Quote:
1) I was attacking your proving its validity by posting another invalid picture. I don't care if you proved it after. Your initial proof was laughable.
Nowhere did I say that posting the other picture was proof, all I suggested was that it lends credibility to my initial claim. Again, a reading comprehension problem on your part.
Read post #273 and see for yourself. You putting words in my mouth doesn't work when everyone can see that I didn't say what you're saying I said.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:43 PM #303
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Good philosophy students were taught how to think, bad philosophy students were taught what to think. How to think (aka critical thinking) is VERY important. Being full of yourself kind of defeats any good that may have came from your awesome critical thinking skills, though. (general comment about life)

Lastly:
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM #304
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Nowhere did I say that posting the other picture was proof, all I suggested was that it lends credibility to my initial claim. Again, a reading comprehension problem on your part.
Read post #273 and see for yourself. You putting words in my mouth doesn't work when everyone can see that I didn't say what you're saying I said.
No, you used a possibly shopped photo to back up a possibly shopped video THEN claimed that the burden of proof fell on someone other than yourself (incorrectly at that). You didn't prove yourself until you were confronted again.

Don't want to take ****? Don't give shakey evidence and don't go throwing the burden of proof on someone else when it truly falls on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Good philosophy students were taught how to think, bad philosophy students were taught what to think. How to think (aka critical thinking) is VERY important. Being full of yourself kind of defeats any good that may have came from your awesome critical thinking skills, though. (general comment about life)
What a stupid thing to say.

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 05-14-2012 at 07:17 PM.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:22 PM #305
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:

What a stupid thing to say.
Critical thinking being valued is stupid... awesome. Goodnight, sweet prince.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 PM #306
Blake360

Quote:
No, you used a possibly shopped photo to back up a possibly shopped video
A possibly shopped photo? What happens if I say everything you say is possibly made up? With your logic, if you post a news story I could say it was made up, if you take a picture of anything I can say it's fake, so it's not my problem you have a hard time believing anything that occurs outside your closed mind, and I don't have to prove everything I post. If you're so skeptical you can go do the research for yourself, I don't see anyone else refuting my claims so it looks like you're the only one with the problem. Not everybody wants to cater to you, believe it or not.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 PM #307
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Critical thinking being valued is stupid... awesome. Goodnight, sweet prince.
No but assuming that being full of yourself "defeats" critical thinking is stupid. Have you heard Dawkins? Foucault? Hitchens? Some of the greatest intellectuals of all time were full of themselves. Assuming that arrogance "defeats" critical thinking or the good that comes from it is absurd.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:46 PM #308
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

What ****ing job are you getting with a BS in philosophy with? Starbucks?

Psych/Philosophy students are actually the most retarded people I have ever met. Most of their classwork is opinion based rubbish that has more gray area answers than an Obama press conference. Most people didn't have to take a class on " how to read people" and " what people think about when they are feeling sad".

It's comprised of kids who did a lot of drugs in highschool, hipsters, and crazy chicks named Katie who are going back to get a degree after realizing their cosmotology cert. isn't working out for them.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:58 PM #309
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
What ****ing job are you getting with a BS in philosophy with? Starbucks?
Teaching, public service (government/civil), community service (non-profits, child advocacy programs, human services, private industry (writing mostly)

But here's the key. NO ONE majors in just philosophy. But if you want to get an MBA, statistics show a business/philosophy is a good option. Want to go to medical school, statistics show bio/philosophy is a good option.

Quote:
Psych/Philosophy students are actually the most retarded people I have ever met. Most of their classwork is opinion based rubbish that has more gray area answers than an Obama press conference. Most people didn't have to take a class on " how to read people" and " what people think about when they are feeling sad".
Do you understand what philosophy is?

Quote:
It's comprised of kids who did a lot of drugs in highschool, hipsters, and crazy chicks named Katie who are going back to get a degree after realizing their cosmotology cert. isn't working out for them.
Statistically, at any given state university, the smartest kids at the college will be in the philosophy department. But go ahead and stereotype.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 PM #310
Blake360

Quote:
Statistically, at any given state university, the smartest kids at the college will be in the philosophy department. But go ahead and stereotype.

No, they will be in the physics and engineering department. You clearly have no idea what smartness is. Your stance is akin to seeing a ****ty movie and saying it's the best movie ever because you haven't seen the competition.
Who do you think built the computer you're using, someone in the philosophy department at your ****ty college?

Last edited by Blake360 : 05-14-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 PM #311
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
No, they will be in the physics and engineering department. You clearly have no idea what smartness is. Your stance is akin to seeing a ****ty movie and saying it's the best movie ever because you haven't seen the competition.
Who do you think built the computer you're using, someone in the philosophy department at your ****ty college?
Pretty sure he means that philosophy department has the highest average ACT scores and the highest GPA coming out of highschool. Which is true.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 PM #312
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
Pretty sure he means that philosophy department has the highest average ACT scores and the highest GPA coming out of highschool. Which is true.
Which I have said like 4 times...
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 PM #313
Blake360

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
That isn't nearly an indication of smartness, all that means is they happened to study more for those tests than people entering other majors. Also who cares what level they're at leaving high school, what matters is the level they're at when they graduate college. You might as well have gave me a statistic that a certain group of students got high scores on some elementary school test. Who gives a ****? What do they have to show for it? When was the last time some philosophy student did anything useful? Test scores don't mean anything when you don't have any real world results to back it up.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:36 PM #314
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
That isn't nearly an indication of smartness, all that means is they happened to study more for those tests than people entering other majors. Also who cares what level they're at leaving high school, what matters is the level they're at when they graduate college. You might as well have gave me a statistic that a certain group of students got high scores on some elementary school test. Who gives a ****? What do they have to show for it? When was the last time some philosophy student did anything useful? Test scores don't mean anything when you don't have any real world results to back it up.
That why I have also mentioned grad school acceptance rates. Look at philosophy as it applies to english, poli sci, business, and even medical school. They do well.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 PM #315
Blake360

Quote:
That why I have also mentioned grad school acceptance rates. Look at philosophy as it applies to english, poli sci, business, and even medical school. They do well.
Not because of philosophy alone, which further proves my point. That's like bringing up a statistic that shows most graduate students play video games and drawing the conclusion that video games must be responsible for people entering grad school.