Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 02:52 PM #778
Swantonbomboy
_______________
 
Swantonbomboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: |NJ|So-Boken|NJ|
Annual Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Swantonbomboy plays in the PSP
Swantonbomboy plays in the APPA D4 division
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
I would recommend removing the 2 red shims and leave the silver shim in there. Im' not very familiar with what the new operating pressure of the marker would be with the pooty powercore but this is something you can ask him direct. With removing 2 red shims (the thicker shims), that will get you to roughly 500psi. That should be plenty of pressure to operate the luxe, as long as the bolt can accept the 500psi from the tank reg. Again, this is something you will need to confirm with Pooty.
Not running a Pooty core but thanks for the advice. I'll have to try and make a pressure tester one of these days.
__________________
NJ
Swantonbomboy is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM #779
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swantonbomboy View Post
Not running a Pooty core but thanks for the advice. I'll have to try and make a pressure tester one of these days.
ah...totally read that wrong. I was talking to Pooty through emails at the same time I was helping you and just had pooty on my mind lol.

....wow...that doesnt sound right at all.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-11-2012, 03:27 PM #780
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
can't sell bottles by themselves, can't sell a reg removal tool, cant sell this type of product that you're describing, etc. Theres a lot

Anyways, We are not in any position to recommend guidelines you should use on a product that has never been manufactured, especially one that is not manufactured by us. This is something you will need to do on your own if you would like to make something up.

Which is precisely why I'm asking about Ninja regs. I'm absolutely certain you KNOW what size particulate will cause the reg to malfunction.

I saw a video about the ninja reg and someone using that removal tool. A $15 strap wrench works just as well. I suppose anyone could take a steel rod and put the right threads on the end of it. I was thinking of making something like it to thread in the 1.8" NPT ports on a reg to make removing the reg easier, but then I found in the plumbing supply section of the local hardware store pipe pieces that work just as well.

Someone above mentioned putting blue locktite on the grub screws on the ninja pro reg. I had to do that to keep them in the reg. I found the collar screws had worked loose despite having just tightened them and that my tank was rotating and one of the screws had backed out about half way. For a reg that literally had a few hours of use on it, this was a little annoying. After that I carried an allen wrench with me on the field and snugged down the screws as needed. Hopefully now that they are held in with locktite, that wont be a problem anymore.
__________________
Insight NG and DP Threshy for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4417953
rkenders is offline  
Old 05-11-2012, 05:38 PM #781
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
Which is precisely why I'm asking about Ninja regs. I'm absolutely certain you KNOW what size particulate will cause the reg to malfunction.

I saw a video about the ninja reg and someone using that removal tool. A $15 strap wrench works just as well. I suppose anyone could take a steel rod and put the right threads on the end of it. I was thinking of making something like it to thread in the 1.8" NPT ports on a reg to make removing the reg easier, but then I found in the plumbing supply section of the local hardware store pipe pieces that work just as well.

Someone above mentioned putting blue locktite on the grub screws on the ninja pro reg. I had to do that to keep them in the reg. I found the collar screws had worked loose despite having just tightened them and that my tank was rotating and one of the screws had backed out about half way. For a reg that literally had a few hours of use on it, this was a little annoying. After that I carried an allen wrench with me on the field and snugged down the screws as needed. Hopefully now that they are held in with locktite, that wont be a problem anymore.
Sounds good RKEnders. Let us know if you have any questions or issues, we're here to help you out
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 12:17 AM #782
stuntman007
 
 
stuntman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Diego
stuntman007 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
You have to keep those set screws tightened down. they can loosen after using the air system. A little bit of blue loctite on those can help.

In regards to the pin valve leak, you bought a Pro reg on a Draxxus bottle. Since Draxxus bottle haven't been around in years, Im' assuming this is a used air system? If its leaking out of the pin valve, cleaning the pocket the pin valve sits in and flipping that oring upside down will usually take care of that. If not, you can call us to have a new pin valve kit sent to you no charge. If it is an older bottle and the person you bought it from did not clean out the tank before screwing the new reg in, dirt or old loctite that might be in the bottle could get up inside the reg and cause issues like what you're describing.
Ok, I will pick up some loctite thanks,

I'm a little confused what o-ring you are talking about but I took apart the reg and inspected all of the orings and they all seem in good shape just a little dirty so I cleaned them up but I didn't see any major problems.

I'm not quite sure how to take apart the reg from the bottle to see if it's dirty at all. I looked around on the internet and can't find any videos if you have any can I have a link or can you possibly walk me through it?

The DXS tank is used and it was recently rehydroed 11/11 so it should have no problems I assume.

I'd like to thank you for the fast response it really means a lot to me as i'm heading out tommorow. Thanks man I was kinda dissapointed with the stuff but the service is winning me back over and I guess it was just user error on my part on the 48/3000.
__________________
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3798531AWESOME GEARBAG SALE!!!!
stuntman007 is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 02:09 AM #783
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Sounds good RKEnders. Let us know if you have any questions or issues, we're here to help you out

What size particulate will cause the regulator to start leaking?
__________________
Insight NG and DP Threshy for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4417953

Last edited by rkenders : 05-15-2012 at 05:08 PM.
rkenders is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 PM #784
JOHNNY G
little rainbow bomb
 
JOHNNY G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
JOHNNY G donated to help Peyton Trent
JOHNNY G owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JOHNNY G supports DLX Technology
JOHNNY G supports Empire
How would I get my tank to a 550 out put pressure
__________________
RIP p8ntballa4life69
(we all miss you Blair)


"Originally posted by "Codypbnation: You really are a dick Johnny"
JOHNNY G is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 10:51 PM #785
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minnesota
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY G
How would I get my tank to a 550 out put pressure
Basic adjustable reg, remove one of the two red shims out.

Pro reg, take 2 of the 3 flat shims out.

f8al is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 PM #786
JOHNNY G
little rainbow bomb
 
JOHNNY G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
JOHNNY G donated to help Peyton Trent
JOHNNY G owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JOHNNY G supports DLX Technology
JOHNNY G supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al

Basic adjustable reg, remove one of the two red shims out.

Pro reg, take 2 of the 3 flat shims out.

None pro reg. so I just take out a shine I have never messed in my tank reg before
__________________
RIP p8ntballa4life69
(we all miss you Blair)


"Originally posted by "Codypbnation: You really are a dick Johnny"
JOHNNY G is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 AM #787
510waffles
Call Me Maybe
 
510waffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Luis Obispo,CA
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
510waffles has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
510waffles supports DLX Technology
I have a 2011 G6r and a ninja pro tank. it seems everytime i shoot it, it makes this "gasing up" noise. Could this be because i need a new bob long asa pin? Or i heard i can get a ninja pro pin for free? Does this issue exist?
__________________
510waffles is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 06:58 PM #788
deviantgeek
WTF IS THIS
 
deviantgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: #954
deviantgeek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
deviantgeek has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
what is the recommended settings for a ninja pro and karnivor and axe? I need something that will work reliably on both guns.
__________________
My karni will eat your goggles.
deviantgeek is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 09:49 PM #789
sstiggy
 
 
sstiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central-Cali
sstiggy supports Team VICIOUS
I have a 2 week old 68/45 ninja tank and a adjustable pro reg, set to LP on my g6r, it seems to be having a shoot down issue when I shoot a stream of paint, it's chrono'd at 285ish, and when I shoot a stream the fps drops below 200, sometimes as low as 150 and the gun seems to be starving for air, and I can hear the reg trying to recharge.

Last edited by sstiggy : 05-13-2012 at 09:52 PM.
sstiggy is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 PM #790
pbplaya31
 
 
pbplaya31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Collegeville, PA
I got a used ninja tank off of here but the black covering seems to have come off quite a bit. Is this normal for a 50/4500 ninja tank? Pics of what im describing is in my sig
__________________
Looking for team in San Diego/Camp Pendleton area


Ninja 50/45 FST
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post75473056
pbplaya31 is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 11:16 AM #791
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
What size particulate will cause the regulator to start leaking?
any size. anything that gets on an oring could cause an issue.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 11:35 AM #792
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY G View Post
How would I get my tank to a 550 out put pressure
Which regulator do you have? If you have an older adjustable regulator, how many and which shims originally came with your regulator?
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 11:36 AM #793
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510waffles View Post
I have a 2011 G6r and a ninja pro tank. it seems everytime i shoot it, it makes this "gasing up" noise. Could this be because i need a new bob long asa pin? Or i heard i can get a ninja pro pin for free? Does this issue exist?
Yes, please call us so we can get the lot# off of your regulator and send you the replacement pin. 877-646-5287. Anyone that answers can help you out.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 AM #794
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantgeek View Post
what is the recommended settings for a ninja pro and karnivor and axe? I need something that will work reliably on both guns.
Karni depends on what upgrades you have on it. Axe will run just fine off of 500-550psi output and that will cover any upgrades you have on it. Because the karni is so old, we have not done field testing with that platform. You might want to do some digging around online and see what other players using the same marker recommend.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 AM #795
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstiggy View Post
I have a 2 week old 68/45 ninja tank and a adjustable pro reg, set to LP on my g6r, it seems to be having a shoot down issue when I shoot a stream of paint, it's chrono'd at 285ish, and when I shoot a stream the fps drops below 200, sometimes as low as 150 and the gun seems to be starving for air, and I can hear the reg trying to recharge.
Call us at 877-646-5287. Let the person who answers know what prob you're having. We can get you a longer pin so it works with your marker.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 12:26 PM #796
JOHNNY G
little rainbow bomb
 
JOHNNY G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
JOHNNY G donated to help Peyton Trent
JOHNNY G owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JOHNNY G supports DLX Technology
JOHNNY G supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB

Which regulator do you have? If you have an older adjustable regulator, how many and which shims originally came with your regulator?
Old reg it's has one silver and 2 red
__________________
RIP p8ntballa4life69
(we all miss you Blair)


"Originally posted by "Codypbnation: You really are a dick Johnny"
JOHNNY G is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 02:31 PM #797
sstiggy
 
 
sstiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central-Cali
sstiggy supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB

Call us at 877-646-5287. Let the person who answers know what prob you're having. We can get you a longer pin so it works with your marker.
Thanks they got me squared away
sstiggy is offline  
Old 05-14-2012, 06:00 PM #798
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY G View Post
Old reg it's has one silver and 2 red
Removing 2 red will get you to about 500psi. Thats about the closest you can get to 550psi on that reg.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump